The Partick Thistle thread

17 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Unfortunately, I think our central defensive partnership next season is likely to include Tam O’Ware. Admittedly, I think most of his Thistle career to date has been beside Sean McGinty so maybe (and I’m aware I’m massively clutching at straws here) with a competent player next to him, which Brownlie appears to be, he might be ok.

When we signed o'ware ihad 2 Morton supporting work mates who were gutted to see him go, gave a glowing report so I was surprised he wasn't better than he was. It's a good point you make re his pairing with, bar a few exceptions, a clusterfuck of a defender in McGinty. McKenna was/is a centre half so perhaps he will be in McCall's plans for playing in the centre.

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

That hasn't stopped Hearts,  Partick Thistle and Stranraer playing the victim card.  If anyone thinks any of those Clubs wouldn't have voted for self-preservation above "sporting integrity" if they hadn't been in the relegation positions then they must be very naive. 

MC Call also saying he won't be including last season's  relegation and this season's promotion on his CV as they weren't done during "normal" seasons.  Strange then that the players were wildly celebrating behind a big banner  winning a title when it seemingly wasn't won over a normal season. If Low,  Britton and McCall are petty enough to ban SPFL and SFA members attending the presentation,   the SPFL is probably within its rights to be just as petty and not send a trophy to be presented. 

Only if you’re a complete fucking moron.

9 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Does Ian McCall have clothes that aren't training gear. And that top definitely isn't from this spell as Thistle manager.

Not the first time he has been seen in old club gear

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ian-mccalls-embarrassing-kit-gaffe-20644341

Utter pish. Go and 🎣 somewhere else ya sweaty wee arab

25 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Our club could have gone out of existence let’s not forget with the SFA and SPFL last year, so it was a bit more serious than just a can’t come to a birthday scenario

There was every chance we were going down anyway. Would we have nearly gone out of existence at that point too?

The simple facts are we were relegated because we were bottom of the league. A decision to end the season early was taken in the majority of the 42 clubs best interests. Its naive to think we wouldnt have voted for it to end the way it did if we were sitting in 9th last year.

We've just won promotion after a terrific run and everything was feeling positive. For me, going full f**k the SFA takes away from the achievements of the players and management team and ruins the positivity around the club.

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

There was every chance we were going down anyway. Would we have nearly gone out of existence at that point too?

The simple facts are we were relegated because we were bottom of the league. A decision to end the season early was taken in the majority of the 42 clubs best interests. Its naive to think we wouldnt have voted for it to end the way it did if we were sitting in 9th last year.

We've just won promotion after a terrific run and everything was feeling positive. For me, going full f**k the SFA takes away from the achievements of the players and management team and ruins the positivity around the club.

I agree but, for me it was the way it 2as done, I won't go into it all again that doesn't help anything.

Successive SFA spl spfl sla etc etc over the years have been involved in one clusterfuck after clusterfuck and clubs and fans have just had to lump it (cadette gate aside). Happy to see the over paid walloper being refused entry. Even if it is school boy pettiness.

While it's quite an amusing thing to happen in the pantomime of Scottish football, particularly this season, I feel maybe it's revisiting the argument or opening old wounds again and I don't think that helps anyone involved. Certainly feel like if this and the situation at the end of last season is going to be discussed at length again, I really could not be arsed with that.

It's done, we won the league lets just fucking celebrate and look forward to next season. 

I'm similar.  I can't say I'm that bothered by the whole thing, but it does seem a bit tinpot.  Obviously we're not going to forget exactly, but I'd like to seem like we're above the sort of pish that Hearts were doing.  Also not sure what it really achieves.

But it's not like it'll really hurt us to do it either, so hard to get too worked up about it.

The presentation is at 10.30am tomorrow presumably so the players can hit the beer gardens at 11, which will probably piss off some folk who won't see it live, though I'd question if you really need to watch a presentation if you're over the age of 14.

I'm still bitter about 2004 never mind last summer, so I am happy to endorse any and all small-time behaviour in relation to this.