The Partick Thistle thread

On 29/04/2021 at 21:22, RandomGuy. said:

Please, please, do this.

And make it really obvious too.

Guessing naebody likes Falkirk 😋

For the first time this season, I’m confident we can beat them, if no, doesnae matter, the Mo are in the new super league and cannae be relegated 🤣🤣

Always kint Partick shouldnae be in league one, but why leave it so long? 

13 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

When you add in Dorrans and Scott Boyd we've had more good loan players from Livi than Rangers and Celtic combined. 

However you did also send us de Vita which I'm afraid negates the whole thing. 

Yup, and the free transfers we got were the backbone of the side that won the first division back in 2001/02. 

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

You boys got the under 12 side ready for Tuesday or going full strength 🤔

McCall’s post-match interview on Thursday mentioned a lot of players who have either been playing through injury or were running on empty - I believe the names he said were Graham, Tiffoney, Docherty, Bannigan and Brownlie. Who are all key starters and I’d imagine will miss out at Montrose.

19 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

You boys got the under 12 side ready for Tuesday or going full strength 🤔

I would gladly see us lie down to stuff it to fuckirk but sometimes when key players are dropped the fringe grab their chance, then again sometimes not. Good luck in the play offs.

40 minutes ago, banditjag said:

I would gladly see us lie down to stuff it to fuckirk but sometimes when key players are dropped the fringe grab their chance, then again sometimes not. Good luck in the play offs.

I sincerely hope that no Partick Thistle player would ever 'lie down'. Anyone wishing to see their team under perform on purpose should be ashamed of themselves.

I'd accept it if it negatively affected one of celtic or rangers without positively benefitting the other and didn't affect us in any way. However I don't really care who finishes 4th here. 

That said if any player is carrying an injury and will be with us next season there's no point at all in risking them and making it worse. 

The likes of Sena, Reilly, Lyons should all play with maybe a couple of the under 18s like Lyon getting some game time as well. 

57 minutes ago, banditjag said:

I wouldn't, just remember karma especially in football has a funny way of coming back to bite your arse. We play the best team we can minus the 5 players who have been struggling.

8 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I'd accept it if it negatively affected one of celtic or rangers without positively benefitting the other and didn't affect us in any way. However I don't really care who finishes 4th here. 

That said if any player is carrying an injury and will be with us next season there's no point at all in risking them and making it worse. 

The likes of Sena, Reilly, Lyons should all play with maybe a couple of the under 18s like Lyon getting some game time as well. 

Exceptions to any rule obvs 🙂. But as you point out, this is about influencing who is the runt in the League 1 playoffs. Falkirk or Mostrose ffs! 

21 hours ago, Nightmare said:

McCall’s post-match interview on Thursday mentioned a lot of players who have either been playing through injury or were running on empty - I believe the names he said were Graham, Tiffoney, Docherty, Bannigan and Brownlie. Who are all key starters and I’d imagine will miss out at Montrose.

IIRC He said that Tiffoney was running on vapours. He has had five days to recover and could be available for the bench at least. 

Tuesday's line-up may give us an indication which out-of contract players will be offered new deals and those who will leave. 

McCall may, however, feel obliged to play the strongest team from those who are fit.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

38 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

This.

2 hours ago, banditjag said:

Like others I don’t understand this comment at all. I would be raging if my team lied down.  I like Montrose but I want to see guys like Lyons, Niang etc go out and get the 3 points which will do them and other fringe players the world of good

I also don’t recall a single Falkirk fan laughing at our expense over this last year, sure some seemed quite confident they were going to win the league but that’s not laughing at our expense.

on the contrary most Falkirk fans seemed to have sympathy for the shafting we got from the authorities, indeed they too took a shafting. It was Ayr, Morton and Clyde fans who were absolutely revelling and loving our predicament.  Our league win on Thursday night was the perfect GIRFUY to them and a number have been decidedly quiet and less smug since then 

I’d quite like Montrose promoted. I’ve never been to their ground, would like the opportunity next season. I also think they’ll be a weaker side if promoted than Falkirk, Cove or Airdrie would be, so that’d be helpful.

I don’t think we’ll lie down, but we’ll undoubtedly rest players and they’ll be a few guys in holiday mode already given it’s a nothing game. Meanwhile, Montrose will have their strongest team out and it’s a huge game for them. Wouldn’t be remotely surprised, or bothered, if we lose. 

26 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Like others I don’t understand this comment at all. I would be raging if my team lied down.  I like Montrose but I want to see guys like Lyons, Niang etc go out and get the 3 points which will do them and other fringe players the world of good

I also don’t recall a single Falkirk fan laughing at our expense over this last year, sure some seemed quite confident they were going to win the league but that’s not laughing at our expense.

on the contrary most Falkirk fans seemed to have sympathy for the shafting we got from the authorities, indeed they too took a shafting. It was Ayr, Morton and Clyde fans who were absolutely revelling and loving our predicament.  Our league win on Thursday night was the perfect GIRFUY to them and a number have been decidedly quiet and less smug since then 

100% spot on!!