The Partick Thistle thread

4 minutes ago, Acastus said:

Fair f***s to McCall. I called for him to go but he didn't half turn it around for the run in. Happy for the guy knowing how much Thistle means to him. 

Credit to the players too for stepping up. Rudden,Graham, Tiffoney ,Cardle and Bannigan all superb.

I'm actually excited for next season and beyond now. 

Steady now Captain!

7 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Don't want to be the first one to be the miserable b*****d but we need to be careful not to be blinded by recency bias and take into account we're playing up a level next season 

From what I can see,

under contract

Keepers: none

Defenders: Brownlie, Sena, McKenna, O'Ware

Midfielders/ Wingers: Bannigan, Docherty, Murray, Lyons

Forwards: Graham, Rudden

Out of Contract (or loan end)

Keepers: Sneddon, (Wright)

Defenders: Foster, Penrice, Williamson (Bell)

Midfielders/ Wingers: Cardle, Gordon, Reilly, (Tiffoney, Erskine, Geggan)

Forwards (MacIver)

Williamson has signed a pre-contract with Falkirk- though he may be trying to Richard Brittain it and tear it up rn- and rumours Penrice has also signed elsewhere prior to our recent charge up the table.

With the blindingly obvious exception of Tiffoney I'm not sure how many of the out of contract guys or loanees I'd have back. Of the older heads I'd agree about Foster as he got better as the season went on and still seems pretty rapid for a 35 year old. Think we'll keep Sneddon as well but I'm still not convinced by him. 

If we get Tiffoney back though we'll at least be exciting to watch next season (there, end on a happy note 🙂 )

Obviously want to get Tiffoney back next season, I'd happily keep Richard Foster - he's been brilliant lately. Cardle is a strange one, I think he's top for assists in the division this season (and has certainly contributed this season) could he go back up to the Championship and still do it to a required level, I'm not as sure. Sneddon & Gordon will likely get extensions. Bell has been brilliant for us but he'll probably go back to being part-time in the Lowland League, same as Geggan. I'd keep Penrice but seems like he might be away. He was really good last night and definitely has ability but I wouldn't massively miss Ryan Williamson. We've still got the nucleus of a squad that we can take into the championship, Banzo/Docherty/Graham/Rudden etc. 

6 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

Where’s Penrice meant to be going m8?

Rumour is Livi. Martindale thought the world of him when he was on loan there. Of course Williamson and Penrice can still change their minds. Must admit was surprised to see Williamson playing last night as the Falkirk fans have been saying he had signed for them for a couple of weeks. To be fair to the big fella it was a totally profession performance from him!

Rumour is Livi. Martindale thought the world of him when he was on loan there. Of course Williamson and Penrice can still change their minds. Must admit was surprised to see Williamson playing last night as the Falkirk fans have been saying he had signed for them for a couple of weeks. To be fair to the big fella it was a totally profession performance from him!
Michael Tidser ripped the pish out of us in the exact same circumstances tbqh.

20 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

Looks like Ian McCall has got a lot to say in the next few weeks  Looks like he’s not going to hold back

I saw that interview with the EveningTimes. What it all about, do we reckon?

29 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

Looks like Ian McCall has got a lot to say in the next few weeks  Looks like he’s not going to hold back

He's obviously still raging about the relegation but the best thing we could have gone on to do was to win this league at the first attempt.  Job done, in style.

Might be time to let the victim stuff go (if that's what he's got a lot to say about).

1 hour ago, Jollyjag said:

If it’s about last summer/this season (no idea if it is) he’s at least did the right thing in waiting until the end of the season to speak, after we’ve won the title I’d say.

10 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

I saw that interview with the EveningTimes. What it all about, do we reckon?

If I remember correctly McCall declined to say anything when the whole relegation fiasco happened but would choose a point when he thought it was appropriate to view some pretty strong opinions.

If it doesn't begin with a 10,000 word monologue as to why Doncaster is an arsehole I'll be slightly disappointed.

Edited by K77

5 hours ago, Sting777 said:

I think Martindale might be close to his mum/family. I think I'd mentioned it before but he was born and raised in Livingston and his mum still lives and works through here. I'd take him back as he seemed like a genuinely decent player

I think the only reason we didn't sign him on a precontract or anything was a development fee, which you'd still be due up until late December. Maybe he signs a 6 month extension and stays until then or maybe we pay a nominal fee (like we've done with Dykes etc) and include a % sell on. Fee would probably end up 20k or you waive it as goodwill since we sent you McMillan a bit back and Tiffs this season :D 

22 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Fee would probably end up 20k or you waive it as goodwill since we sent you McMillan a bit back and Tiffs this season :D 

If you offered us Tiffoney and McMillan permanently for Penrice, we’d probably take it. 

1 minute ago, JagsCG said:

If you offered us Tiffoney and McMillan permanently for Penrice, we’d probably take it. 

Tiffoney is out of contract, not sure we'd let McMillan go but he hasn't played much at all this season. Maybe on loan as part of the deal though?

On 29/04/2021 at 21:22, RandomGuy. said:

Please, please, do this.

And make it really obvious too.

Guessing naebody likes Falkirk 😋

For the first time this season, I’m confident we can beat them, if no, doesnae matter, the Mo are in the new super league and cannae be relegated 🤣🤣

Always kint Partick shouldnae be in league one, but why leave it so long?