The Partick Thistle thread

Hard to believe where we are now compared to just two weeks ago.  Now we have things very much in our own hands.  Two massive games on Saturday now.  We're riding high, but defeat against Airdrie and a draw in Cove/Falkirk puts the top 4 within a point of each other.

Of course, conversely, we'll pump Airdrie, then mug off Cove, and we'll win it at Firhill  a week tomorrow.  Easy.

We're working on creating an honours list for players & managers. Should losing Scottish Cup Semi Finalists qualify for (virtual) bronze medals?

Not doing a poll on P & B but you can PM us with your vote if you like or simply state on this thread, yes or no?

61 votes cast so far across WAT & Twitter, only 1 vote in it.

P & B "poll" closes 23-Apr-2021 15:00.

32 minutes ago, The Thistle Archive said:

We're working on creating an honours list for players & managers. Should losing Scottish Cup Semi Finalists qualify for (virtual) bronze medals?

Not doing a poll on P & B but you can PM us with your vote if you like or simply state on this thread, yes or no?

No

20 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

Absolute no from me.

Losing finalists shouldnt be getting any acknowledgment either.

Edit to say that this ^ might sound a bit dismissive. Genuinely some effort with the archive. Keep it up and do whatever you guys/gals want with it.

Edited by Jacky1990

There were obviously pros and cons with the motion, and this was reflected in the voting which was touch and go for a while. In the end it was 33 YES and 43 NO. Many thanks to all who voted and commented . We will respect the will of the Thistle people!

The NO's have it, the NO's have it.

55 minutes ago, The Thistle Archive said:

There were obviously pros and cons with the motion, and this was reflected in the voting which was touch and go for a while. In the end it was 33 YES and 43 NO. Many thanks to all who voted and commented . We will respect the will of the Thistle people!

The NO's have it, the NO's have it.

Democracy prevails.

On 21/04/2021 at 10:38, forameus said:

Hard to believe where we are now compared to just two weeks ago.  Now we have things very much in our own hands.  Two massive games on Saturday now.  We're riding high, but defeat against Airdrie and a draw in Cove/Falkirk puts the top 4 within a point of each other.

Of course, conversely, we'll pump Airdrie, then mug off Cove, and we'll win it at Firhill  a week tomorrow.  Easy.

This is the sort of post that can come back and bite you in the arse. Being an Airdrie fan, I really hope it does.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, you guys do have the best TV set up with multiple cameras, replays etc. 

Here's to Roy and/or Paton making the difference. 👌

12 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

This is the sort of post that can come back and bite you in the arse. Being an Airdrie fan, I really hope it does.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, you guys do have the best TV set up with multiple cameras, replays etc. 

Exactly! Some folk are getting too far ahead of themselves. I can only assume they are young cause as an older fan i am used to the Thistle kick in the haw maws. Even when we do well, we usually take the hardest route possible.

Edited by The Firhill Frozen Pie

12 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I like this cos it's bullish and exactly the right attitude but suspect you are making more out of @forameus post than what his intention is. Don't think he is being arrogant, entitled or dismissive of other challengers, though I'm sure he can speak for himself

I get that, like me, he is well surprised we are where we are right now and coupled with his excitement driven possibly by 3 years of shite for breakfast we finally arrived at seeing an upwards trajectory. Up to the EF game we were shite, possibly even the game v your shite, we were pretty rank at the back and fairly toothless up front, then blew you away thinks to an awesome double save. Won that and you would be top, but ye didn't. We now have best defensive record (surprisingly we had that anyway, yet all season we have seemed open at the back), and poor goals tally has turned into free scoring for some reason. AND we are looking quite entertaining.

So I get you are allowing this post to get up your nose but a little over reaction possibly, which, as condescending as it will sound, good for you. You're shite may very well beat us today, and may very well win the league, I've said elsewhere (not that I'm an Oracle), I fear airdrie out of all the other clubs and would take a draw, you've as good a chance of winning this league as us but let us enjoy our moment in the sun, it's been a while.

Enjoy the game ya section B shanker

15 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

His post was essentially, “we might lose but we also might win”, and you’ve jumped all over one half of it.

Even when we do well, we usually take the hardest route possible.

If we keep up this form then we’ll win the league with games to spare. However, we’re Partick Thistle, so we won’t.

This is the sort of clichéd pish that fans of every team thinks its true. I'm with Manpreet and his ridiculed "seven victories and the title is ours" post. Let's get this shitey league sewn up by Thursday.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

This is the sort of clichéd pish that fans of every team thinks its true. I'm with Manpreet and his ridiculed "seven victories and the title is ours" post. Let's get this shitey league sewn up by Thursday.

Aye, with you here.

Can understand the worry we'll f**k this up. But that's just nerves surely?

If you cant get excited and upbeat when the team are at the top of the league, playing well and winning games, then honestly whats the point?

I'd also argue we dont really have a recent history of spectacular f**k ups. Weve had poor seasons, the last 3 and a half being as such, but I cant really remember proper arse collapses over a 3 or 4 game period.

4 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Win or better the Falkirk result and were promoted?

4 points from Cove on Tuesday and Falkirk on Thursday and we'd be promoted. Falkirk don't play on Tuesday so best we can be on Tuesday night is 7 ahead with them having 3 games left.