The Partick Thistle thread

7 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It's quite something that no one can know anything for sure about where Neil Lennon lives but you can say as a matter of fact that he's ill.

Never said anything being a matter of fact??? You having a little reading difficulties today? Simply making the point, on the back of reports some years ago of his mental health issues and drinking alcohol issues, he had an illness. Alcoholism is an illness or are you so stuck in the past you think that it's a lifestyle choice and it's a sign of weakness to show compassion. 

1 hour ago, Jollyjag said:

Thought Stuart Brannigan has been immense the last few games do you think he will get a chance with a so called bigger club Hearts Hibs  Dundee Utd Aberdeen again.?

Nope.

Bannigan. 

Still nope.

Thought Stuart Brannigan has been immense the last few games do you think he will get a chance with a so called bigger club Hearts Hibs  Dundee Utd Aberdeen again.?

IMO Bannigan wont play Premiership football again unless its with us or a Raith/Ayr/QotS/Morton (lol).

A couple good games against part timers wont change that. Its really sad how its worked out, but I reckon we'll be the "biggest" team he ever players for.

2 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

"So called". 

By everyone, because they are all bigger Clubs than us. 

11 hours ago, banditjag said:

Never said anything being a matter of fact??? You having a little reading difficulties today? Simply making the point, on the back of reports some years ago of his mental health issues and drinking alcohol issues, he had an illness. Alcoholism is an illness or are you so stuck in the past you think that it's a lifestyle choice and it's a sign of weakness to show compassion. 

Not having any difficulties at all. You posted it as a matter of fact while questioning others about other generally accepted facts and are now creating a straw man argument to deflect from it.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Serious question, but who is Reilly? Am I so fed up with the is team that I’m now forgetting players?

Agree with the points above though that if a young player isn’t currently good enough to play League 1 football then the odds are he isn’t good enough to play with us given where we need to be aiming. But I think McCall will still start with Docherty / Bannigan.

1 minute ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Serious question, but who is Reilly? Am I so fed up with the is team that I’m now forgetting players?

Charlie Reilly. We signed him at the start of the season, I think he’s played once for about 5 minutes and sat on the bench a lot before the lockdown. No sign of him since.

I can’t remember what position he’s meant to play though. 

16 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Not having any difficulties at all. You posted it as a matter of fact while questioning others about other generally accepted facts and are now creating a straw man argument to deflect from it.

🤔🤭

Clearly you are reading another post, and getting yourself all confused.

11 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

Never got back to his pre injury form. Great shame. Expect he will remain at us for at least while McCall is manager. I agree he has improved in recent games but agree with @Jacky1990 a few good performances against clyde, peterhead, forfar doesn't mean he's back at his best.

9 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Agree with the points above though that if a young player isn’t currently good enough to play League 1 football then the odds are he isn’t good enough to play with us given where we need to be aiming. 

Is this Lyons being talked about here?

On 14/04/2021 at 14:30, JudgeMudge said:

Is there going to be rotation tomorrow? Players did look tired, although there will be a short break till next game. Could easily swap full backs, bring in Gordon for SB/RD and presumably Rudden starts?

Edited by Stormy20