The Partick Thistle thread

50 minutes ago, banditjag said:

All fair points, I made your 1st one, but do you know where he is currently living? Has he moved to Carlisle? We don't know for sure. Just saying it is easy to jump to judge. Not saying he and his group of pals are in the right, not at all, just offering a little sympathy for a man who is I'll and his so called friends not having his best interests. I'm far more concerned about at director at our club being involved.

Neil Lennon lives in Glasgow.

58 minutes ago, banditjag said:

All fair points, I made your 1st one, but do you know where he is currently living? Has he moved to Carlisle? We don't know for sure. Just saying it is easy to jump to judge. Not saying he and his group of pals are in the right, not at all, just offering a little sympathy for a man who is I'll and his so called friends not having his best interests. I'm far more concerned about at director at our club being involved.

It's quite something that no one can know anything for sure about where Neil Lennon lives but you can say as a matter of fact that he's ill.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It's quite something that no one can know anything for sure about where Neil Lennon lives but you can say as a matter of fact that he's ill.

He lives in Glasgow. I've not made any comment on NL's health. Infact I'm pretty sure I removed reference to it, in a post I quoted. 

2 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Is there going to be rotation tomorrow? Players did look tired, although there will be a short break till next game. Could easily swap full backs, bring in Gordon for SB/RD and presumably Rudden starts?

Cardle looked like he needed a rest as well, wouldn't mind giving Lyons an hour and seeing if he does anything, before inevitably being subbed off for Cardle. Docherty should be rested and I know it's naïve but I'd give Lyon some game time, absolutely walked it when he came on in the cup, albeit against a team in the division below. After McCall gave it the big, "the boy's gonna be a star" shite the other week, would be nice to see him involved.

Have we got any idea about who has been offered a new deal, or is the ruling on it has changed due to the constant change of our season? As far as I can tell from the clubs website, Sneddon, Foster, Penrice, Williamson, Cardle, Gordon & Reilly (f**k knows what happened to him btw) are all out of contract at the end of the season meaning we'd only be left with 10 first team players plus a handful of youth players (Ocholi, Rodden, Lyon, McCready are the ones that come to mind). Outside of Cardle I'm not bothered about any of them leaving, would just be nice to know either way.

1 hour ago, JustDom said:

Have we got any idea about who has been offered a new deal, or is the ruling on it has changed due to the constant change of our season? As far as I can tell from the clubs website, Sneddon, Foster, Penrice, Williamson, Cardle, Gordon & Reilly (f**k knows what happened to him btw) are all out of contract at the end of the season meaning we'd only be left with 10 first team players plus a handful of youth players (Ocholi, Rodden, Lyon, McCready are the ones that come to mind). Outside of Cardle I'm not bothered about any of them leaving, would just be nice to know either way.

They can all go. Even if we miraculously win this god forsaken league, I'd be quite happy to not see any of them in red n yellow again.

By McCall's own admission, Cardle had one good season left in him. Hence why he got a one year extension. 

2 hours ago, JustDom said:

After McCall gave it the big, "the boy's gonna be a star" shite the other week, would be nice to see him involved.

To be fair to McCall, he didn’t really do that. Pretty sure he made a point of saying he didn’t want to talk him up too much but he was certainly impressing etc. A must win game against one of the better sides in this league is not a game to throw him into I’d say - if Docherty had to be rested Geggan would take his place. 

1 hour ago, JustDom said:

Cardle’s having a decent season but if we somehow do get promoted - has he still got it at Championship level? I’m not so sure. 

Sneddon, Penrice and Reilly may still be seen as “prospects” by McCall - forgot Reilly was still at the club. The rest will go I’d imagine, with the exception of possibly Foster who’s role as assistant manager with PTWFC may go in his favour of getting an extension as a backup player. 

3 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

A must win game against one of the better sides in this league is not a game to throw him into I’d say - if Docherty had to be rested Geggan would take his place. 

God forbid we throw him in against the likes of, checks notes.......

Montrose!!! 

5 minutes ago, dave.j said:

If we were still a premier or championship team, he'd be getting farmed out on loan to the third tier and be expecting to play every week. 

Whilst that’s a fair point, we aren’t, and Given how little of Lyon we’ve actually seen (whilst I appreciate he was fairly good against Cowdenbeath) he’s not going to start in a must win game, even if it is against Montrose. I think Docherty will probably start anyway. 

Edited by JagsCG

7 hours ago, banditjag said:

I agree. See my last post te residency and maybe a little sympathy for an ill man.

He cannot use his mental health as an excuse, too many people pulling that card nowadays. He is just a fucking idiot as is our director. P45 for him. Our Board really is made up of garbage these days.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’ll be absolutely amazed if we don’t offer Penrice a deal. Probably Gordon as well - I’d be more than happy to see them go, but McCall seems to be a fan of both.

f**k knows about the rest. 

You're probably right that we have/will offer him a deal, but seen there's a rumour going around that Penrice is currently out of the team just now because he's signed a pre-contract elsewhere.

No idea if that's true or not, and honestly couldn't care less if it is. I'm sure we could find someone else to replicate his mediocre 6/10 performance every week.

Edited by Nightmare