The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Changing the centre backs worries me, as would resting Graham! 

Perhaps Docherty could sit out against Clyde, maybe Murray also. 

1) I totally agree, think it’d be an awful decision - it’s more what I reckon could happen, especially Bell not playing one of the games be it Tuesday or Thursday. 

2) Could probably see that happen. 

Edited by JagsCG

On 10/04/2021 at 17:31, Pie Of The Month said:

My main concern is how much McCall fucks about with the lineup with with 2 games in 3 days.

Absolutely this for me as well. I feel like he's terrified of an injury prior to a play off scenario, but I feel like it's a gamble not to field a consistent team at the moment. 

On the plus side, Clyde have played 4 games in 10 days, with a further 2 games this week. That's a lot for even professional players. 

Fair play to Zac Rudden for finally not being shit.

Given how the fixtures fall between now and the split, there's a slither of a chance we're right in amongst it in the final four fixtures. But if we fanny about on Thursday and Tuesday it's going to be one hell of a scrap.

Good result tonight be even better if we can continue the run against Montrose. Zak maybe in line for a starting position - McCall suggested post match. He’s clearly been very frustrated hopefully he can get a few more now. 

8 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

For what reason (genuine question) has something gone on?

I'm more than happy to stand corrected, but the guy out on the swally with Neil Lennon (in Newcastle?), calling himself Duncan, clearly breaking Covid Guidelines, looks a lot like our Celtic blogging Director. Quite a lot of people on social media suggesting it's him. 

With our Chairman having such public disdain for those who break Covid Guidelines, I'd imagine he will be asked to leave the club.

8 hours ago, dave.j said:

I'm more than happy to stand corrected, but the guy out on the swally with Neil Lennon (in Newcastle?), calling himself Duncan, clearly breaking Covid Guidelines, looks a lot like our Celtic blogging Director. Quite a lot of people on social media suggesting it's him. 

With our Chairman having such public disdain for those who break Covid Guidelines, I'd imagine he will be asked to leave the club.

Will leave him more time to do Celtic podcasts 

13 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Fair play to Zac Rudden for finally not being shit.

Given how the fixtures fall between now and the split, there's a slither of a chance we're right in amongst it in the final four fixtures. But if we fanny about on Thursday and Tuesday it's going to be one hell of a scrap.

His best performance as a jag, great positioning for the 1st and superb control for the 2nd, even if the defending was suspect. Really enjoyed his back heel flip to start the move, and his movement into the box for the cross was as good as I've seen from any jag in quite some time.

I never played to any sort of decent level so coming at this from a position of zero knowledge, but would imagine his series of injuries will have affected his confidence and his performance so perhaps he won't be as bad as I first thought.

We are in danger if challenging for 1st place when Falkirk inevitably (from their own fans prediction), wet the bed.

13 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

Good solid performance tonight defence finally getting their act together and a couple from Zak 

Wholly agree, solid at the back, esp full backs to night, neither McKenna not foster did much wrong, the latter delivering several good balls into the box. Solid job. McKenna is good at full back given he is a more natural centre half but doesn't give the same options going forward that williamson does but will take a solid back four over silky any day.

9 hours ago, dave.j said:

I saw the footage, pretty sad really but, not breaking the law, just not adhering to guidelines on social distancing. Pretty envious of the beer garden scenario. Lennon clearly needs help for what is a horrible illness and any so called friends enabling like that is a horrid watch. As for our director, shameful but predictable that people who support the arse cheeks find their way into smaller clubs, but they should be banned from such behaviour when in the employ of our clubs. Sacking/dismissal would be too good for him. Stripped of his dignity and thrown in the nolly.

20 minutes ago, banditjag said:

I saw the footage, pretty sad really but, not breaking the law, just not adhering to guidelines on social distancing. As for our director, shameful but predictable that people who support the arse cheeks find their way into smaller clubs, but they should be banned from such behaviour when in the employ of our clubs. Sacking/dismissal would be too good for him. Stripped of his dignity and thrown in the nolly.

Social distancing, no mask indoors, travelling outside your council District for a swally. 

48 minutes ago, banditjag said:

I saw the footage, pretty sad really but, not breaking the law, just not adhering to guidelines on social distancing. Pretty envious of the beer garden scenario. Lennon clearly needs help for what is a horrible illness and any so called friends enabling like that is a horrid watch. As for our director, shameful but predictable that people who support the arse cheeks find their way into smaller clubs, but they should be banned from such behaviour when in the employ of our clubs. Sacking/dismissal would be too good for him. Stripped of his dignity and thrown in the nolly.

It's currently illegal to leave Scotland (and for that matter your Scottish local authority area) without a reasonable excuse.

Pints in Carlisle, I can confirm, is not a reasonable excuse.

54 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Social distancing, no mask indoors, travelling outside your council District for a swally. 

All fair points, I made your 1st one, but do you know where he is currently living? Has he moved to Carlisle? We don't know for sure. Just saying it is easy to jump to judge. Not saying he and his group of pals are in the right, not at all, just offering a little sympathy for a man who is I'll and his so called friends not having his best interests. I'm far more concerned about at director at our club being involved.

48 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

It's currently illegal to leave Scotland (and for that matter your Scottish local authority area) without a reasonable excuse.

Pints in Carlisle, I can confirm, is not a reasonable excuse.

I agree. See my last post te residency and maybe a little sympathy for an ill man.

My concerns would be less about Covid protocol and more his creepy attempts to bear-hug a barely conscious man into his car. 

You can see the exact moment his heart breaks when Lennon pushes him and tells him to f**k off.

image.jpeg.5a6bddcb61d0d3819c5b1b674e9b5630.jpeg

20 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Wait a minute, who's ill? I'm lost here.

Neil Lennon - although I'm not entirely sure we know if he's ill or not but there's a video doing the rounds of him steaming and not looking too good apparently at a  pub in England and the aforementioned Duncan Smille is with Lennon. 

Edited by JagsCG