The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I could have sworn that Graham had more than 6, but perhaps just my mind playing tricks on the basis that nobody else ever seems to score.

BBC have him on 8, with Murray our next top scorer on 3. They also have Cardle having the most assists in the league this season with 4...

Graham has 7, looked like 8 when he was awarded that second goal last night.  

The Jags Foundation have today published a fans survey, requesting feedback on a variety of issues moving forward 

I'd urge all Jags Fans to fill it in and share your opinions & feelings.

You get the Club you deserve....

https://thejagsfoundation.co.uk/the-jags-foundation-survey/

Edited by dave.j

Completed. Slightly concerning that the whole process is still dragging on like this. Things like a survey, while potentially useful, feel more like time-filler; a deflection that’ll keep us from asking what’s taking so long for another few weeks.

The last three questions are completely unnecessary, also. Some people really need to get over this ridiculous victim complex.

21 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

The last three questions are completely unnecessary, also. Some people really need to get over this ridiculous victim complex.

Agree with this. I have absolutely no idea how they relate to the prospect of fan ownership, or what they hope to achieve with the answers to them.

33 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Completed. Slightly concerning that the whole process is still dragging on like this. Things like a survey, while potentially useful, feel more like time-filler; a deflection that’ll keep us from asking what’s taking so long for another few weeks.

Not if you ask this in the survey!

50 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Agree with this. I have absolutely no idea how they relate to the prospect of fan ownership, or what they hope to achieve with the answers to them.

By bringing this backup they maybe they think we will all rally round the foundation to fight the injustice we have all suffered

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I got to this point and chastised myself for having bothered with the rest of it in the first place. It just feels of someone wanting their belly rubbed and gives off terrible vibes about the whole process.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the last three questions in that survey. The only important ones really were about demographic scraping and working out what people would pay to join.

Bottom line is they'll be jumping through a lot of hoops to satisfy Three Black Cats/Colin Weir's executors that they're organisationally and financially ready to take a controlling interest in a multi-million pound company. Some of that will be nauseating and pandering, but it will get the shares prised from the effective control of the PR disaster.

Edited by Ad Lib

It's not even just the last 3 questions that are poorly thought out. If we go through it:

Q1 - A random selection of groupings of fans and a catch all of 'none of the above'. Just your bog standard punter who pays on the day in the Jackie Husband stand could in theory not be captured by any of those groups and select none of the above and they've no way of knowing anything about that person.

Q3 - Leading question. They should want to know what thoughts are on fan ownership whether it's positive or negative. It's essentially a back patting "why will we be so great" question

Q5 - Why are they asking a fan with no experience of how fan ownership works to pluck a figure out the air of how many members would be a decent number? Even if there's a common number picked out it has no meaning whatsoever

Q6 and 7 - Ignoring that there's a 6a then a 7b why is there an option to say how much you'd be willing to pay if you think the proposed monthly fee is too high but no question to reply to with an amount if you think it's too low?

Q9 - Fine but I think the priority should be on actually getting fan ownership in place before concerning ourselves with charitable donations

Q11 - Cringy nonsense

Q12 -14 Already covered as completely irrelevant and acting the victim

48 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It's not even just the last 3 questions that are poorly thought out. If we go through it:

Q1 - A random selection of groupings of fans and a catch all of 'none of the above'. Just your bog standard punter who pays on the day in the Jackie Husband stand could in theory not be captured by any of those groups and select none of the above and they've no way of knowing anything about that person.

Q3 - Leading question. They should want to know what thoughts are on fan ownership whether it's positive or negative. It's essentially a back patting "why will we be so great" question

Q5 - Why are they asking a fan with no experience of how fan ownership works to pluck a figure out the air of how many members would be a decent number? Even if there's a common number picked out it has no meaning whatsoever

Q6 and 7 - Ignoring that there's a 6a then a 7b why is there an option to say how much you'd be willing to pay if you think the proposed monthly fee is too high but no question to reply to with an amount if you think it's too low?

Q9 - Fine but I think the priority should be on actually getting fan ownership in place before concerning ourselves with charitable donations

Q11 - Cringy nonsense

Q12 -14 Already covered as completely irrelevant and acting the victim

Nailed it 

11 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

I wouldn't pay much attention to the last three questions in that survey. The only important ones really were about demographic scraping and working out what people would pay to join.

Bottom line is they'll be jumping through a lot of hoops to satisfy Three Black Cats/Colin Weir's executors that they're organisationally and financially ready to take a controlling interest in a multi-million pound company. Some of that will be nauseating and pandering, but it will get the shares prised from the effective control of the PR disaster.

I thought the last three questions were probably requests by JL so she can use the findings for some more whining in the near future.

On your last point - I hope I am wrong about this, but I thought in the previous presentations/announcements, they mentioned that in fact, our current PR disaster/chairman would remain on the board even after the fan takeover - with the obvious intention of continuing to pull the strings (after buying the club with the training ground money then selling it to the fans...).

29 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

I thought the last three questions were probably requests by JL so she can use the findings for some more whining in the near future.

On your last point - I hope I am wrong about this, but I thought in the previous presentations/announcements, they mentioned that in fact, our current PR disaster/chairman would remain on the board even after the fan takeover - with the obvious intention of continuing to pull the strings (after buying the club with the training ground money then selling it to the fans...).

I think it had been suggested as part of a clean handover, that maybe one or two hang about for a couple of months to make sure we know what we're doing. 

But I'd be genuinely surprised if low wanted to hang around. A bit like the murderer helping the police with their investigation. 

I don't think low was involved directly in getting those 3 questions in. Indirectly, influencing one or two of the cult, possibly 

The rewards question I find really cringy and reflects badly on the guys involved. First of all, the reward is fan ownership. The ibsebtives suggested are so lacking in imagination, it's horrible. A zoom call with the players. Jesus!!!

I wish they'd stop comparing us with other clubs. Almost always bigger clubs. Every Club is unique, they will experience different issues based on their club, the league they play in, what country they are in, how big their fanbase is and even what got them to fan ownership in the first place. 

As I tweeted yesterday. All I want from the foundation is a date. Set in stone when we are getting the shares handed over. 

Completed it, no confidence it will make any difference.

Curious why the John Lambie Stand was inlcuded in Q1 and not the Jackie Husband? The cynic in me worries this is a feeler for shutting the stand to save money. If that happens I won't be back. That's not a toys out the pram flounce, I grew up going to games in the shed, when it was demolished I simply lost interest in going to games. I could probably count on one hand the number of home games attended between 1996-2011. The same would happen if the JLS was closed.

I suspect a lot of the survey responses will be filled with happy clappy pish and they will happily gloss over anything they perceive as negative so I don't expect much of a response to my unanswered question, 'When will Jacqui Low be fired into the sea?'.

3 hours ago, K77 said:

Completed it, no confidence it will make any difference.

Curious why the John Lambie Stand was inlcuded in Q1 and not the Jackie Husband? The cynic in me worries this is a feeler for shutting the stand to save money. If that happens I won't be back. That's not a toys out the pram flounce, I grew up going to games in the shed, when it was demolished I simply lost interest in going to games. I could probably count on one hand the number of home games attended between 1996-2011. The same would happen if the JLS was closed.

I suspect a lot of the survey responses will be filled with happy clappy pish and they will happily gloss over anything they perceive as negative so I don't expect much of a response to my unanswered question, 'When will Jacqui Low be fired into the sea?'.

As someone who would likely always sit in the JHS, it would be a fucking stupid idea to shut the JLS for the many fans like you.  Doubt you'd be alone in chucking it if you felt like you were being pushed away from an important part of the club.

Although where else are they going to put that huge Jacqui TIFO?

57 minutes ago, forameus said:

As someone who would likely always sit in the JHS, it would be a fucking stupid idea to shut the JLS for the many fans like you.  Doubt you'd be alone in chucking it if you felt like you were being pushed away from an important part of the club.

Although where else are they going to put that huge Jacqui TIFO?

I have been assured that was not the reason for having only the JLS there. Perhaps overly cynical as it's been tried in the past but I'll put that thought to bed.  I would like to contribute to a Jacqui GTF TIFO mind you.