The Partick Thistle thread

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Can we have him back and you can have Sammon back?

not being funny but id rather have sammon, who tailed off horrendously for us but at least showed he's capable of a purple patch of goals. Rudden is like Shea Gordon except without the (occasional) goals, his return for a forward has been unacceptably shite.

Would probably rather have Mathias Pogba who at least sometimes won headers and stuff too tbqfh; Rudden has been, well, rudderless (ahaha).

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

11 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

not being funny but id rather have sammon, who tailed off horrendously for us but at least showed he's capable of a purple patch of goals. Rudden is like Shea Gordon except without the (occasional) goals, his return for a forward has been unacceptably shite.

Would probably rather have Mathias Pogba who at least sometimes won headers and stuff too tbqfh; Rudden has been, well, rudderless (ahaha).

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I’d have Sammon over Rudden as well.

Rudden just isn’t a football player. No technical ability, no composure, shite positioning, and just an angry wee guy to top it all off. Shite.

I'm going to do you a favour here and say NO, you do NOT want Sammon over Rudden.

I don't care how poor ZR has been this year. CS is utterly lifeless, disinterested and I think I only actually hate Marcus Haber more than him. He has so much quality (for this shit-tip of a league) and doesn't try a leg. Disgusting performances for 18 months for us.

Tonight has put the final nail in the coffin. 

I have said this several times. We are a full-time football team playing in a league of full-time workers. & now find ourselves fighting for a 3rd / 4th place playoff spot. 

The blame falls on McCall, backroom staff and board. 

Under the current regime, we have been relegated to league one; before that, we sat firmly rooted at the bottom of the championship with no shifting chance.

We have won a total of 5 games from 14, a whopping 35% win record. Even under Caldwell, we were much better; we looked fitter and looked like we wanted to play. I would take Caldwell cluster** over this. 

Our players are not fit. There is no excuse. East Fife ran over the top of us for most of the game. The week before, Forfar did the same. (I'll take their fitness training over ours). 

Our team is unorganised; I think that many players looked out of their depth considering they are full time playing against part-timers. But I generally believe it's not the players. It's the message that is being delivered to the players. How many players have left us under Archie & McCall and performing well. Been hall is a few games from winning the league and promotion (that's one example).

Our staff aren't good; we have a washed-up assistance manager who couldn't get a gig in Scottish football as a manager until his mate brought him back as an assistant. 

Scally doesn't fill me with confidence either. I'm not sure what purpose he provides. Is it training, opposition analysis, or is he there to pick up a wage because he is good mates with McCall

McCall isn't a good manager. Let's all be honest here. He is living on the reputation of a good ayr united team, who when he left was on a downwards spiral. I must also point out that McCall had to get them relegated to get them promotion on the last day of the season. Again he had a squad of full-timers and scraped the league on the last day of the season.

I still can't believe fans on the PTFC fans forum have suggested McCall as footballing director. (steaming). 

The board is nothing to jump and short about either. Our downfall and collapse can be pinpointed to two specific situations—the hiring of Gerry. And the chaos that kicked of our relegation to league 1. Which was our summer takeover (it didn't happen). 

On that, Can anyone answer me? How can a football club expect to prosper when they pull 250000 from a mangers budget halfway into a transfer window and preseason. Then put obstacles in front of that manager to block success. Sack the same manger after four games. Hire another manager, go through another rebuilding job, and take the club in a different direction. That direction was league 1. 

The answer. No club can. 

Our scouting system is non-existent?  McCall has signed journeymen, people he knows or previous fan favourites for some popularity. 

Can anyone see a pattern here? 

We are a shambles of a club top to bottom.

Get every one of them out of the club before we end up in the lowland league. 

The problem is Lowe and her board. She is as useless as a fart in a  spacesuit! The longer people seem to support that idiot and her anointed idiots the worse we will get. Some are just happy we exist be it South Division 5 in amateur leagues and have no ambition to be other than existent. |Others are sleepwalking into disaster. No direction and balls from the top leads to a streak of cum down to the players on the pitch,

Edited by The Firhill Frozen Pie

46 minutes ago, The Firhill Frozen Pie said:

The problem is Lowe and her board. She is as useless as a fart in a  spacesuit! The longer people seem to support that idiot and her anointed idiots the worse we will get. Some are just happy we exist be it South Division 5 in amateur leagues and have no ambition to be other than existent. |Others are sleepwalking into disaster. No direction and balls from the top leads to a streak of cum down to the players on the pitch,

giphy.gif

Edited by velo army

Its the total lack of organisation on the pitch which is worrying and I agree fitness levels are shocking on paper this team should be strolling this league I admit I was happy to see McCall back at thistle however performances under him and his staff have been terrible 

I'm not defending McCall but can we stop revising history on Caldwell please. He did one good thing and that was badger McDonald into coming out of retirement as without him we'd have been in this league a year sooner, and his weird and wacky team bonding exercises and pissing off half the players didn't exactly have us fitter and faster than the opposition

As for Rudden, could be quite similar to Sammon albeit at a lower level in that Sammon has made a living off of that one decent season for Killie about ten years ago, Rudden might be able to avoid the Lowland league for a few years (not if he stays with us LOLZ) by bouncing about clubs based off his season for Falkirk 2 years ago. Didn't watch the game yesterday but watched the higlights there and the misses by Rudden and Gordon (and the EF player to make it 3-0 tbf) are incredible.

1. Docherty and Bannigan aren’t working together in midfield, one should be sacrificed. 
2. ZR is awful. 
3. Difficult to suggest the players aren’t as fit as opponents as we’re finishing games stronger - it’s the opening portion that’s the problem. 
4. JC is one of our best players. 
5. Sneddon inspires no confidence. 
6. Time to give Sena a break from the team. 
7. Beat Peterhead and Clyde and we’ll definitely be top 5. 

Joe Cardle is about the only player we have that ever shows any urgency.

On Rudden, I think John Baird is the last striker I can remember us having that was so ineffectual. You’d forgive the lack of goals a bit if he did anything else, but he doesn’t really. Get him shifted to part time football as soon as possible. 

Also, despite missing numerous sitters, Brian Graham must be near to being the top scorer in the league?

You could tell when Docherty signed his PCA with Partick that there would be issues if he played alongside Bannigan. It’s a classic McCall midfield though. Both decent enough passers of the ball but are slow as hell and won’t really create much. Very much reminiscent of when we had Docherty partnered with an overweight Paul Cairney.

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Joe Cardle is about the only player we have that ever shows any urgency.

On Rudden, I think John Baird is the last striker I can remember us having that was so ineffectual. You’d forgive the lack of goals a bit if he did anything else, but he doesn’t really. Get him shifted to part time football as soon as possible. 

Also, despite missing numerous sitters, Brian Graham must be near to being the top scorer in the league?

Graham has 7, Megginson of Cove top scorer with 9.

Guest Peter LaFleur
10 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I’d have Sammon over Rudden as well.

Rudden just isn’t a football player. No technical ability, no composure, shite positioning, and just an angry wee guy to top it all off. Shite.

Totally agree over Rudden. He scored goals for us but his overall play was ganting. It’s not a shock to me he’s not kicked on since his loan spell at Falkirk.

16 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Joint 6th with 6 (though some places have given him the 2nd goal last night putting him on 7 which obvs is wrong)- Megginson is top with 9.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You could tell when Docherty signed his PCA with Partick that there would be issues if he played alongside Bannigan. It’s a classic McCall midfield though. Both decent enough passers of the ball but are slow as hell and won’t really create much. Very much reminiscent of when we had Docherty partnered with an overweight Paul Cairney.

Exactly this and a large part of the reason we hardly scored before the mid-season shutdown. Now Docherty is fit again you can almost guarantee they'll both start unless one gets injured or suspended.

I reckon we need at least 6 points from the last 4 games to be  relatively sure of top 5, what a position to be in.

I could have sworn that Graham had more than 6, but perhaps just my mind playing tricks on the basis that nobody else ever seems to score.

BBC have him on 8, with Murray our next top scorer on 3. They also have Cardle having the most assists in the league this season with 4...

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I could have sworn that Graham had more than 6, but perhaps just my mind playing tricks on the basis that nobody else ever seems to score.

BBC have him on 8, with Murray our next top scorer on 3. They also have Cardle having the most assists in the league this season with 4...

It's actually 7. I took it from the Thistle Archive site which had updated the individual goals but not the total. Airdrie (H), Falkirk (H), East Fife (H) x 2, Airdrie (A), Forfar (H), East Fife (A)