The Partick Thistle thread

The latest installment has all the Semi Final replay action from 100 years ago tonight, and our profiled players in part 14 are Tom Crichton & Matt Wilson. Giving the working man a slightly better chance of making the game, this was the only one of our Cup matches with an evening kick-off, proceedings getting underway at 5.15pm. In a micro-statistic which typified Thistle's year so far, Thistle had played Hearts three times in 1921, and had failed to find the net on each occasion. On the other hand, our defence had been breached only once, and from the penalty spot at that. The rain poured down at Ibrox as our Thistle grandfathers packed out the 'Bovril Shed' for the 4th time in 16 days, 90 mins away from a Scottish Cup final...

The Day The Scottish Cup Came Up To Maryhill part 14 →

21-ibrox-2.jpg

I'm getting closer and closer to the McCall out camp with every passing week.

He's now had more games than Caldwell and he has taken us several steps backwards from what was already a shambolic position.

My only fear about punting him would be the likelihood of either Archie or Gerry taking over til the end of the season or them giving it to Graham and Foster in the interim.

Guest Peter LaFleur

Falkirk and Thistle trying to out do each other in the shitebag rankings here. Both of us will bottle the playoffs if neither win the league. 

26 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I'm getting closer and closer to the McCall out camp with every passing week.

He's now had more games than Caldwell and he has taken us several steps backwards from what was already a shambolic position.

My only fear about punting him would be the likelihood of either Archie or Gerry taking over til the end of the season or them giving it to Graham and Foster in the interim.

Archie would be punted with McCall. You can see from the shape and tactics the influence that Archibald has - side to side, overly cautious, backwards play, fill the squad with players who are past their prime or just talentless, plus blind loyalty to players such as Bannigan  who are clearly beyond their best days.

Falkirk show they’d drop points even without us chasing them for added pressure. Yet we dick around with lineups rather than get the result 1st then rest players (against part timers)..

The worst part is another season in this league doesn’t affect Low getting a job post Thistle after another failure to her list. 

Thank god there’s internationals this week i can pretend to care more about 🙄

3 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

362F2357-FAC1-48BA-8E2E-5F30D9BF0D60.jpeg

Wouldnt want her in as manager.

But I am all for giving her a few drinks and getting her to give the team a wee post match dressing down. 

I reckon a few of the players need told they are a lot shiter than they think they are. 

McCall needs punted, p45 at the ready please. 

Im sick to the back teeth with excuses and the COVID-19 situation that the McCall faithful continue to bring up.

the guy has assembled a very poor full time squad, that unfortunately are just competing in league 1. 

it was the wrong appointment from day one. if anyone wants to defend this diabolical performance. Ask yourself the question. 

what club would want McCall as their manager? Zero in the PL, zero in the championship & maybe 1 in league 1. 

Lastly, For a team that has made 6 changes, and therefore should be relatively fresh.  Forfar actually looked more up for the game, looked quicker and fitter. There starting 11 only had 2/3 changes, a reserve goaly and the players all probably were working yesterday and today. 

get McCall, Archie, Scall & the rest to F***. 

Don't know who is curently worse McCall or Neilson 😂 suppose atleast Hearts are top of ther league.... Partick are to big to be in league 1, They said they would have stayed up well things havn't improved much from last season...... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Just to add the proverbial bluebottle to tonight's dungheap , sounds like Erskine has done his hamstring  signalling the end of his second stint at Firhill.

2 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Just to add the proverbial bluebottle to tonight's dungheap , sounds like Erskine has done his hamstring  signalling the end of his second stint at Firhill.

Quick you've still time today to sign another lowland league striker in his place 😂

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

11 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Falkirk show they’d drop points even without us chasing them for added pressure. Yet we dick around with lineups rather than get the result 1st then rest players (against part timers)..

The worst part is another season in this league doesn’t affect Low getting a job post Thistle after another failure to her list. 

Thank god there’s internationals this week i can pretend to care more about 🙄

Both Falkirk and Partick are shockingly bad this season. We're both clubs that should be pushing for promotion in the championship and instead we're embarrassing ourselves in League 1. Falkirk are there for the taking and luckily Partick have been even worse and not capitalised on it. 

10 hours ago, knighthawk said:

McCall needs punted, p45 at the ready please. 

Im sick to the back teeth with excuses and the COVID-19 situation that the McCall faithful continue to bring up.

the guy has assembled a very poor full time squad, that unfortunately are just competing in league 1. 

it was the wrong appointment from day one. if anyone wants to defend this diabolical performance. Ask yourself the question. 

what club would want McCall as their manager? Zero in the PL, zero in the championship & maybe 1 in league 1. 

Lastly, For a team that has made 6 changes, and therefore should be relatively fresh.  Forfar actually looked more up for the game, looked quicker and fitter. There starting 11 only had 2/3 changes, a reserve goaly and the players all probably were working yesterday and today. 

get McCall, Archie, Scall & the rest to F***. 

Hard to argue with this. What is the worst crime here is how unfit and unprepared we are compared to part time teams. We have all day every day to identify an effective system and get it drilled into a first team. All day to work of fitness, stamina, skills, such as passing to their own team. Practice hitting a target even. The players can be seen driving into training anything between back of 9 and are all gone come 12. I'm not starting rumours but I've never seen McCall arrive or leave training. I'm not in the area every single day but have seen the car park emptying at 12 and have seen both assistants. Just wondering if our manager ever takes training. I might be and probably am naive to such things but what does a manager do at this level if the coaching team do the training.

1 hour ago, banditjag said:

Hard to argue with this. What is the worst crime here is how unfit and unprepared we are compared to part time teams. We have all day every day to identify an effective system and get it drilled into a first team. All day to work of fitness, stamina, skills, such as passing to their own team. Practice hitting a target even. The players can be seen driving into training anything between back of 9 and are all gone come 12. I'm not starting rumours but I've never seen McCall arrive or leave training. I'm not in the area every single day but have seen the car park emptying at 12 and have seen both assistants. Just wondering if our manager ever takes training. I might be and probably am naive to such things but what does a manager do at this level if the coaching team do the training.

From the style of play you can see that it is Archibald that is in charge at training. It’s the same unadventurous side to side slow cautious rubbish that was played post top 6. Wouldn’t surprise me if he had a role in recruitment as well, as most recent signings are truly awful.
McCall, Archibald and Scally need sacking today to try and salvage the season.

1 hour ago, Midlife Crisis said:

From the style of play you can see that it is Archibald that is in charge at training. It’s the same unadventurous side to side slow cautious rubbish that was played post top 6. Wouldn’t surprise me if he had a role in recruitment as well, as most recent signings are truly awful.
McCall, Archibald and Scally need sacking today to try and salvage the season.

Won't happen though as we have a seriously inept chair and board. The season is a write off. I firmly believe that has been the board's thoughts from early in the season. 

Agree completely with the archie comment. He should be regarded as a legend at the club and the longer this is allowed to go on the less if a legend he becomes. There will be no change this season or next. I was more than happy when low was ousted and McCall brought back but it hasn't worked.

As long as the current board are in charge of our club we will continue in a downward spiral.

It is unfathomable that a chair and exec who presided over two relegations and two failed management teams is still in charge of the club. Utterly baffling. If I hadn't bought a season ticket I'd have stopped watching😱