The Partick Thistle thread

38 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Yes.

From Archibald"s pre-match notes vs Cove Rangers.

Thanks. I couldn't remember if McCall had mentioned him on his injury return schedule in his interview before the Hearts bounce game.

And so, 100 years ago today, it was time for the biggest game in Thistle's 46-year-old history so far. In the last four of the Scottish Cup, it's Partick Thistle, first-time semi-finalists, versus Heart of Midlothian, 4-times winners in 1891, 1896, 1901 and 1906.

Read the story of the game, played in a hurricane at Ibrox, and meet the legend that is Kenny Campbell:

I have never yet met a player whose heart did not yearn for the position of being able to say that he was one of the team which won the highest honour in the land.”

The Day The Scottish Cup Came Up To Maryhill part 13 →

kenny-campbell.png

Pleased finally to see us creating plenty chances and being a bit ruthless taking them too.

Defence was rancid but when we need wins I’ll take nervy moments at the back as a trade off for scoring some fucking goals.

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

Pleased finally to see us creating plenty chances and being a bit ruthless taking them too.

Defence was rancid but when we need wins I’ll take nervy moments at the back as a trade off for scoring some fucking goals.

Did you mean the Airdrie defence? There were a few dodgy times for Thistle in first 25 minutes but Wright's save and the counter attacking goal was always like to see our lot, panic. I think Thistle might be back in the chase while we await a relegation battle.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
spelling error

53 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Did you mean the Airdrie defence? There were a few dodgy times for Thistle in first 25 minutes but Wright's save and the counter attacking goal was always like to see our lot, panic. I think Thistle might be back in the chase while await a relegation battle.

Not a chance Airdrie will be in relegation playoffs- think you will still make top 4.  The game at Firhill could have been a draw and today we played the best by far in about a year, but for an incredible double save it could have been 2-0 at one stage today which would have been far harder to come back from

Just now, third lanark said:

Not a chance Airdrie will be in relegation playoffs- think you will still make top 4.  The game at Firhill could have been a draw and today we played the best by far in about a year, but for an incredible double save it could have been 2-0 at one stage today which would have been far harder to come back from

Thanks for your optimism which might rescue me from today's blues. What you say is correct about crucial moments but there is something about us which suggests we rarely come back from going behind. I think we might only have won 2 home games and but for abysmal performances by Clyde we would be down there.  Apart from beating Falkirk we have only beaten Forfar and Peterhead so the upcoming games against Cove and Dumbarton have me worried. Best wishes 

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Did you mean the Airdrie defence? There were a few dodgy times for Thistle in first 25 minutes but Wright's save and the counter attacking goal was always like to see our lot, panic. I think Thistle might be back in the chase while we await a relegation battle.

Both defences were rancid.

I'm surprised more teams don't have a retro shirt but probably an issue with sponsors. Wasn't the last time we launched this  against Dundee Utd in the cup?

It's miles better than this season's away kit, first real decent kit under O'Neills.