The Partick Thistle thread

Guest Peter LaFleur
55 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Don't think that's possible at this point, transfer window governed by either FIFA or UEFA shut a while back but the SPFL have leeway to extend the domestic loan window. 

Aye that’s what I thought. The player would have had to be out of contract from the end of January.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

43 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Like who ?  Stephen McGinn was a Hibs player ?  Anyways he would be more effective in the Thistle midfield with no legs in front of the ageing , weather beaten reject that is Bannigan ☺️  Or are you talking about their newly appointed manager who again has been far more successful and has a  better track record than McCall's ?

What the f**k are you on about? 

53 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Has Low made an OF account to afford all this?

We were supposed to be skint but now 6 loans joining? 

It’s pretty clear we will be making token payments to BSC and East Kilbride. We’re giving players game time who are contracted to clubs who literally can’t play at the moment. We’re essentially paying in “giving them match fitness”.

Edited by Ad Lib

Guest Peter LaFleur
6 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

It’s pretty clear we will be making token payments to BSC and East Kilbride. We’re giving players game time who are contracted to clubs who literally can’t play at the moment. We’re essentially paying in “giving them match fitness”.

You’ll be paying their full wage I’d imagine. These guys would have been on furlough from the club so they’re not going to take them off furlough to then be out of pocket. Not saying any them will be on massive wages mind you. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

On 06/03/2021 at 18:04, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

If true, that's laughable and desperate. 

Geggan was a smashing player for us over 2 spells, but it was evident at the start of last season that his legs had gone.  Was too slow to play right back which forced us to bring in Jordan Houston.  There’s a lot of predictable Kerr bashing at the moment, but releasing Geggan was a no brainer.  Old age comes to us all I guess.  

28 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

You’ll be paying their full wage I’d imagine. These guys would have been on furlough from the club so they’re not going to take them off furlough to then be out of pocket. Not saying any them will be on massive wages mind you. 

May well be paying the furloughed wage.

11 minutes ago, The Firhill Frozen Pie said:

So are we waiting for the final part of the jigsaw of OAP's to arrive in Dobbie? Hope McCall has a plan B if we don't get Dobbie cause i still think we seriously need a striker.

Someone on Queens thread saying Dobbie is out tomorrow!! 

2 hours ago, third lanark said:

He’s out because of injury though is he not? Not because he he is going to another club or anything 

It wouldnt surprise me at all of we did sign him to then find out he's out injured for the rest of the season. 

All these signings have a very Queens Park, scraping the bottom of the barrel feel to them.

I've got the fear for the rest of the season.

O'Ware out for season. Williamson and Docherty back in training next week but not available for next couple of weeks.

Trying for a forward from down South but struggling to get it over the line.

Geggan, Erskine and Bell unlikely to play week in week out. Probably either get an hour or come on from the bench.

1 hour ago, jagfox BLM said:

My main feeling listening to that was McCall getting his excuses in before a ball has even been kicked.

Talked about everyone being in the same boat...no we aren't. Being full time, us and Falkirk have a huge advantage over the part time clubs in how we can prepare, get back up to speed and recover between games.

I used to work with Steven Bell's (now ex?) girlfriend about fifteen years ago. She was definitely among my more pleasant colleagues so I developed a somewhat jealous admiration for him. Big mark against him though for featuring for Stranraer in that eye-bleeding League Cup game a few years back though.

27 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

My main feeling listening to that was McCall getting his excuses in before a ball has even been kicked.

Talked about everyone being in the same boat...no we aren't. Being full time, us and Falkirk have a huge advantage over the part time clubs in how we can prepare, get back up to speed and recover between games.

I was pretty shocked by how down he seemed about everything.