The Partick Thistle thread

On this Grand National day 100 years ago, the Shaun Spadah of the Scottish Cup found the going tough at muddy Fir Park, but stubbornly refused to fall. In part 9 of our story, read about a day of Quarter Final surprises and meet Willie Salisbury...

The Day The Scottish Cup Came Up To Maryhill part 9 →

g19210305c.png

If play resumes on the twentieth, will it still be Cove away? That's a huge game*, hopefully being full-time should help us get up to full speed quicker than some of our rivals.

*go back five years and imagine telling a Thistle fan that Cove away would be a huge game in 2021.

6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

If play resumes on the twentieth, will it still be Cove away? That's a huge game*, hopefully being full-time should help us get up to full speed quicker than some of our rivals.

*go back five years and imagine telling a Thistle fan that Cove away would be a huge game in 2021.

The SPFL said that they’re liaising with clubs regarding the new fixture list, which hasn’t yet been published.

I’d assume we’ll resume from where we were as if 9 games hadn’t been postponed due to COVID. Which would be the Cove game at home which was originally due to be played on the 15th January. You might be right, though, with them retaining the March-May schedule as it is and then the 9 games we missed being slotted into available midweeks.

On 05/03/2021 at 12:12, Ludo*1 said:

We're dishing out more punishment to you:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/2023672/jordon-forster-dundee-defender-attracting-transfer-interest-from-league-one-duo/

Enjoy battling it out with Falkirk for one of the worst CH's in Scottish football.

Obviously has saw much of our current centre halves. But we have signed young defender Kyle McLelland on loan from Rangers so that might end our interest in Forster. 

2 hours ago, Midlife Crisis said:

Excellent. Signed a defender. When everyone, except McCall apparently, can see we desperately need someone who can score goals.

Good work, Ian.

Presumably with his comments about other activity then attackers are coming into the squad or at least he better be looking for them

theres rumours Williamson is injured still which is I presume why the rangers lad has been signed 

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Presumably with his comments about other activity then attackers are coming into the squad or at least he better be looking for them

theres rumours Williamson is injured still which is I presume why the rangers lad has been signed 

It depends on the quality he brings in. So far it has been derisory.

15 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

If true, that's laughable and desperate. 

To be fair he could still do a job in league 1, but maybe not a signing that has the wow factor that the fans are looking for.

20 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

It depends on the quality he brings in. So far it has been derisory.

In this window? So far it’s been only one player who may or may not be better than Williamson or a replacement for Williamson if he is injured- interestingly has Williamson not been injured a few times as well since he signed 

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

In this window? So far it’s been only one player who may or may not be better than Williamson or a replacement for Williamson if he is injured- interestingly has Williamson not been injured a few times as well since he signed 

It's been derisory since he returned as manager.

7 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

To be fair he could still do a job in league 1, but maybe not a signing that has the wow factor that the fans are looking for.

I don’t think realistically while marooned in league one we are going to get any wow factor signings unfortunately.

i am probably guessing but if geggan is signed I wonder if McCall thinks there has been a mentality problem (I think there clearly has) and is getting those he has worked closely with at other clubs whom he thinks will improve it 

2 hours ago, third lanark said:

I think you are being a bit harsh on Ryan Williamson. He was available for selection in every game up until November 2019 and missed 1 or 2 games with a slightly knock(although it has to be said Kakay was playing him out the team by his own good form). 

He got his injury in the late stages of the Alloa away game at the start of 2020. He tried to play through it the following week against Dundee United(I think we were linked with about 3 right backs to replace Kakay before we brought in Lee O'Connor to compete with him and had no right back for that game). That game against Dundee United made the injury worse and he missed the rest of the 19/20 season - although he was around two weeks away from a return when the season was called. 

This season he has been available for selection in every match until he got injured against Peterhead. Two serious injuries aren't what I'd term injury prone.