The Partick Thistle thread

Just in case you're not refreshing the Thistle Archive home page twice hourly, here's some of the latest bits n bobs...

Season 1911-12 →
- 49 match hubs loaded with line-ups, reports and stats. Easton's troops 4th in the League for the second season in a row. Chart-toppers: 40 apps Archie McKenzie; 10 goals Jim Marshall

Season 1912-13 →
- 45 match hubs loaded with line-ups, reports and stats. Away form slump. Spared re-election via League expansion. Double record tallies for Branscombe. Chart-toppers: 41 apps Frank Branscombe; 23 goals Frank Branscombe

Gathering of the Clans 1979-80 table →
- At long last, we had a bit of a breakthrough with the Gathering of the Clans tournament '79 in Nova Scotia. As suspected it was a round-robin tourney and the final table link is above. 26 points in 3 games, way to go Patrick offence!

Lee Massey →
- Brian Massey got in touch with some details about his Grandad Lee Massey, who kept goal for the Jags on 58 occasions back in the early 1900s. The page has been updated and we can also now put a face to the name, which is just fantastic! Any more of this kind of thing is very welcome.

The Day The Scottish Cup Came Up To Maryhill part 3 →

7 days ahead of our trip to Easter Road, pt 3 sets the 20-21 scene...

● Harris departs; near world record transfer fee
● Club-record fee paid for Campbell
● Napoleon is a Jag
● Meet George Easton & Sandy Lister
● Thistle's international pedigree

medal-george-easton.jpg

11 minutes ago, JustDom said:

Just been announced by Thistle on Twitter.

Aye, just seen that.

Seems a bizarre arrangement considering there is no guarantee if/when we go back. Would have thought loans and stuff would be allowed later in the season once/if we are back playing.

Overall though, hopefully a decent signing and at least gives us a wide option that isnt Joe Cardle. There is definitely a player in there. 

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

There is definitely a player in there. 

Should run amok in that league, depends if he's in the mood though, and not fannying around with pink boots and stupid haircuts.

Thank you.

i think i saw him once or twice against us for Ayr and he looked decent (edit: just came to me how much that might well be an "Alexa define damnation with faint praise for me" moment tbf).

Think he's a reasonable improvement on, say, Zanatta or Smiles 4 Miles before him. Which of course means we're going to RUIN HIM.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

4 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Decent signing on paper, always thought he was never given a real chance in his first term. He is direct and runs at defenders, kinda like a younger Erskine. Now we need a younger Doolan.

45 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

i think i saw him once or twice against us for Ayr and he looked decent (edit: just came to me how much that might well be an "Alexa define damnation with faint praise for me" moment tbf).

Think he's a reasonable improvement on, say, Zanatta or Smiles 4 Miles before him. Which of course means we're going to RUIN HIM.

Zannatta has ruined himself- he has ability clearly but he has had chance after chance at ourselves and Ayr United to show it and couldn’t be arsed.

I think McDaid will be an improvement on him and can cut it fine in the championship never mind league one

13 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I remember him looking really good against us when we first played Ayr, to the point where it seemed like another case of "look what we've given up".  But it is nicely set up for him to come back and look woeful for us, as is tradition.  Hope he does well though.

McDaid should do a job for us at this level, we do lack pace out wide which he can offer. 
His arrival and Spittal playing for County this week makes it look like Spittal is not coming back.

Edited by R&Y99

On 29/01/2021 at 20:31, third lanark said:

Zannatta has ruined himself- he has ability clearly but he has had chance after chance at ourselves and Ayr United to show it and couldn’t be arsed.

I think McDaid will be an improvement on him and can cut it fine in the championship never mind league one

I've always wondered about your username. Are you a former Third Lanark fan, who switched when they went under?

19 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

I've always wondered about your username. Are you a former Third Lanark fan, who switched when they went under?

Nope wasn’t born when they ceased playing. But my great grandad was a key player for them when they won the league and Scottish cup so kinda a tribute 

12 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Nope wasn’t born when they ceased playing. But my great grandad was a key player for them when they won the league and Scottish cup so kinda a tribute 

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks; I just wondered, especially since I believe there's a new Third Lanark club.