The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

What does it say?

That fans won't hand over money freely, whilst our board of directors burn through it like it's going out if fashion?

Give me one reason I should give them money, if they are mismanaging the money they already have?

I'm glad I'm free thinking and can make decisions for myself. I pity the folk who are gullubly buying the pish being fed to us by the club.

Shouldnt celebrate wins.

Shouldn't pay money to back the club. 

What should we do to help the club? Educate me

4 hours ago, Daftjag said:

Shouldnt celebrate wins.

Shouldn't pay money to back the club. 

What should we do to help the club? Educate me

Is this how this conversation is going to work?

I ask you a couple of questions, you ignore them, make some sweeping generalisations, then arrogantly ask me questions?

Edited by dave.j

2 hours ago, banditjag said:

Since when did reasoned discussion/arguement become whining? Genuine question.

Surely the whole point of these forums is to allow people to vent their spleen, highlight concerns, slag others, indulge in counter arguments. Don't see whining going on here, just fed up frustrated football fans trying to find some comfort by typing a rant.

Nothing to see here, move along now🥰

So finding comfort by slagging off your fan base is ok? How is that a meaningful debate? I'm venting my spleen so I don't see the problem. Quid pro quo. 

2 hours ago, dave.j said:

What does it say?

That fans won't hand over money freely, whilst our board of directors burn through it like it's going out if fashion?

Give me one reason I should give them money, if they are mismanaging the money they already have?

I'm glad I'm free thinking and can make decisions for myself. I pity the folk who are gullubly buying the pish being fed to us by the club. 

So its only you that is free thinking and those who choose to support the team through the go fund me site are not free thinking? There are hundreds of people on there so they are all gullible idiots? 

3 hours ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

So its only you that is free thinking and those who choose to support the team through the go fund me site are not free thinking? There are hundreds of people on there so they are all gullible idiots? 

That's quite a leap you've made. Now, back to my post you've quoted...

Give me one reason I should give them money, if they are mismanaging the money they already have?

Edited by dave.j

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

Is this how this conversation is going to work?

I ask you a couple of questions, you iggnore them, make some sweeping generalisations, then arrogantly ask me questions?

Your free thinking mate, you don't have to take part in this conversation if it's not for you, as is paying money to the club when it's in dire straights. Gee, I sure do pity people that don't like a bit of back and forth. 😏

Edited by Daftjag

15 minutes ago, Daftjag said:

Your free thinking mate, you don't have to take part in this conversation if it's not for you, as is paying money to the club when it's in dire straights. Gee, I sure do pity people that don't like a bit of back and forth. 😏

You're. It's you're. 🙄

8 hours ago, Daftjag said:

8 hours ago, dave.j said:

You're. It's you're. 🙄

It's also dire straits rather than straights. That's just a small thing though and probably not that relevant to the conversation. Just an observation from a passer by.

Carry on.

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's also dire straits rather than straights. That's just a small thing though and probably not that relevant to the conversation. Just an observation from a passer by.

Carry on.

1501745270-susie.jpg

43 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Carry on.

Theres a pun about the Club getting Money For Nothing, in there.

10 hours ago, dave.j said:

That's quite a leap you've made. Now, back to my post you've quoted...

Give me one reason I should give them money, if they are mismanaging the money they already have?

8 hours ago, kerly said:

Think this is about 3 years we have been crap on the park and amateurish in the board  . We are going nowhere with our present leaders and their plans for fan ownership  I think may Finish us 

These are very relevant points and I can completely understand why some on here disagree with this stance. But this needs to be discussed by the wider fanbase. Dunno how but I share concerns about the direction or rather apparent directionless of the current board.

The whole back room of our club seems to be a bit of a clusterfuck and many of us are doubting this board have the right skill set. We are going nowhere fast.

Is it okay for our club to be treading water for the next, say 5 or 10 years under this regime? 

And Dave's wider point of not giving additional cash to a group of directors who seem clueless is worthy of discussion. Yes the club needs our support financially but where is the sence in giving hard earned money to someone who is wasteful. How do we put pressure on the chair to do better, or stand aside. It all seems half arsed and rudderless like she is constantly winging it. There are at least two people on the board who are genuine life long jags fans, I'd suggest we need them to step up.

Yes there are more important things going on in our world but this is a pleasurable distraction, jousting on line😂

For the Jacqui Low fans and fans of the current regime. What would you say she has done to improve our club since she became involved? Genuine question. If there are any such fans on here. 

I can also completely understand not funding the current board if you don't think it's working.

I'm certainly not a fan of the JL era at firhill, quite the opposite. I wasn't in agreement with the court action nor do I support the communication with fans on twitter over banners. However, there is an article below by Tom Hosie who does make some fair points

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/19006153.teams-followed-rules-punished/