The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, thenolly said:

Looking at our accounts we should have went part time end of last season or significantly cut our spending 

You're not reading the script. All our financial woes are everyone else's fault. Now fall in line and drink your Kool Aid. 

1 hour ago, Daftjag said:

I'm not Surprised, Disappointed or interested in the latest move by the SFA. Every single action taken has shafted us. My advice anyone who is pissed off, stop moaning and donate to the go fund me, keep the club going and play the long game.

^^^ PMs Jackie Low about flags.

As the board's Ted-Crilly-accepting-Cleric-Award statements go, there's plenty of competition but this is by far the most infuriating.

Set out our practical options such as budgeting for worst case scenario should the league suspension be extended? Nope, batter out 9 paragraphs of unfiltered butthurt instead, including how we can't raid the fucking January window for players while we're mid-table in League One.

Anyone continuing to lackey this board and their tragic victim mentality need a good look at themselves.

I wish the club would make their mind up. Last week we were skint. Not a penny in our pocket.

This week the governing bodies are hindering us from signing players.

So... What hindered us from signing players for the first two weeks of the month?

1 hour ago, AMMjag said:

^^^ PMs Jackie Low about flags.

As the board's Ted-Crilly-accepting-Cleric-Award statements go, there's plenty of competition but this is by far the most infuriating.

Set out our practical options such as budgeting for worst case scenario should the league suspension be extended? Nope, batter out 9 paragraphs of unfiltered butthurt instead, including how we can't raid the fucking January window for players while we're mid-table in League One.

Anyone continuing to lackey this board and their tragic victim mentality need a good look at themselves.

I'm just looking at the statement the now. 

"At the season start, the SPFL made it clear that clubs who were unable to play at any point would be penalised. Yet here we are, prepared to play but unable to do so as we are in a league of predominantly part-time clubs"

We've literally just had our last two games at Firhill postponed due to the weather. 😐 

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

7 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I'm just looking at the statement the now. 

"At the season start, the SPFL made it clear that clubs who were unable to play at any point would be penalised. Yet here we are, prepared to play but unable to do so as we are in a league of predominantly part-time clubs"

We've literally just had our last two games at Firhill postponed due to the weather. 😐 

That paragraph is horrendous. The entitlement is absolutely pouring out of Low there. Hilarious that you've got Falkirk fans saying your statement is spot on and just about every Thistle fan is distancing themselves from it :lol:

That paragraph is horrendous. The entitlement is absolutely pouring out of Low there. Hilarious that you've got Falkirk fans saying your statement is spot on and just about every Thistle fan is distancing themselves from it [emoji38]

I take it you've not looked on Twitter? Night and day compared to here - "[emoji122]" emojis galore.

"An ambitious full time club" that was 10 points behind part time Arbroath having played a match more last season and have failed to beat us, Cove and Dumbarton this season too.   Might need to channel that ambition into winning more matches IMO.   

16 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

"An ambitious full time club" that was 10 points behind part time Arbroath having played a match more last season and have failed to beat us, Cove and Dumbarton this season too.   Might need to channel that ambition into winning more matches IMO.   

The Club's lack of self awareness is quite scary. 

30 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I take it you've not looked on Twitter? Night and day compared to here - "emoji122.png" emojis galore.

Partick Thistle twitter is eye bleeding stuff, full of Low sympathisers and moon howlers. I saw someone yesterday saying Thistle had been shafted more than any other club in the world by COVID.

And the fact that there seem to be so many of these types is why I’m convinced we’ll never be rid of her, even if fan ownership does go through. Daft c***s will end up voting her onto every position available.

For pure entertainment value, I'm hoping Low puts out at least one statement a week during this suspension. If some equivalent weapon at Falkirk would like to do the same, that'd be great. 

'Enough is enough'. What does that even mean? Resigning membership, Jackie? No? Then what does 'enough is enough' mean? 

Idiotic, pointless, hand-wringing guff.

I Love it. 

8 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Partick Thistle twitter is eye bleeding stuff, full of Low sympathisers and moon howlers. I saw someone yesterday saying Thistle had been shafted more than any other club in the world by COVID.

And the fact that there seem to be so many of these types is why I’m convinced we’ll never be rid of her, even if fan ownership does go through. Daft c***s will end up voting her onto every position available.

+1

And so with the league about to be called we find ourselves handily places behind cove, airdrie and the mighty Montrose for play off placings.

A fickle point, but would jlow not be better placed to be at least as concerned about our showing in this league as her pant wetting, arse venting ranting about unfairness? Pandering to children on Twitter is convincing no one.

15 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Someone compile a list of Jacqui’s lowlights so far, please.

Her entire tenure.

The time she lied about someone trying to buy the club was pretty bad. As was the time David Beattie pointed out that the playing budget given to Gary Caldwell was running at a significant deficit, and she threatened to sue him.