The Partick Thistle thread

It's hard to see the league coming back at all, to be honest, at least not in the form it's currently in.  If - and it's a fucking huge if at this stage by the looks of it - it does resume in 3 weeks time, we'll have enough Saturday's between now and the presumed end of the season to complete, with a few mid-weeks thrown in to help out.  But say we lift at the end of February, we're down to enforced midweeks.  Into March and it dwindles down further.  There's slight hope given we don't seem to be in as much of the shit as England are, but it's hard to imagine this happening and then everything to be alright enough to start again in 3 weeks.  6 weeks?  12 weeks?  f**k knows.

3 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

I’m not sure if they will null and void it though as if the Premiership and championship continue promotions and relegations will continue with them too. Unless there is no relegation from the championship this season. 

They may do a points per game again. Can’t wait for that debacle all over again if that’s the route they choose to go down.

One option would be to have an 18 game season followed by the play-offs.  

A home and away game against each team would be a fair way to determine the league positions.

If necessary, the season could be extended to June. That would also allow the Scottish Cup to be finished.

4 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Right now I’d be more worried about the ongoing future of the club. If this goes on beyond January (difficult to see otherwise as ‘peak’ is predicted for end of February) it gets very hard to see how the fixtures could be made up. Regardless of whether league is null and void or called on current position, that’s no additional income for months and months. Add to this the likelihood of another season in LG1 (or whatever is left after all of this). Doom and gloom. 

We’ve just been handed a £150k grant. I don’t know what our monthly outgoings are, but surely that will plug the gap for a few months if there is no football for a while again.

If we are stuck in this league for next season, the budget should be made accordingly.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

We’ve just been handed a £150k grant. I don’t know what our monthly outgoings are, but surely that will plug the gap for a few months if there is no football for a while again.

If we are stuck in this league for next season, the budget should be made accordingly.

Did you see our accounts till last May? Is 3BC hadn’t put in £250k we would have nearly ran out of cash, and that was for 2 months of COVID. We had no games till October and reduced income from then, yet still full time with 3 on a management team and various coaches, etc. We still act like a Premiership team 2 leagues down

I'm not Surprised, Disappointed or interested in the latest move by the SFA. Every single action taken has shafted us. My advice anyone who is pissed off, stop moaning and donate to the go fund me, keep the club going and play the long game.

9 minutes ago, Daftjag said:

I'm not Surprised, Disappointed or interested in the latest move by the SFA. Every single action taken has shafted us. My advice anyone who is pissed off, stop moaning and donate to the go fund me, keep the club going and play the long game.

You’re right. It’s one massive SFA conspiracy to keep Partick Thistle from their rightful place in the second tier of Scottish football.

12 minutes ago, Daftjag said:

choofed.gif.36238632e894d58261d9a93423e6436f.gif

26 minutes ago, Daftjag said:

Tell you what, I'll start giving the Club money when they get a reality check and start running the place relative to the league we're in, instead of throwing money around like we are still a Premiership team.

Deal?

59 minutes ago, Daftjag said:

Hiya Jackie! Hiya Pal!

40 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Tell you what, I'll start giving the Club money when they get a reality check and start running the place relative to the league we're in, instead of throwing money around like we are still a Premiership team.

Deal?

Absolutely spot on.

We still man and run the club like we are in premiership. Manager with 2 assistants, 2 coaches, a full time squad, an academy, and a women’s team. 
We barely cut wages over last 3 seasons compared to how we are.

Our turnover dropped from 18/19 to 19/20 from £3 million to £2.6 million yet our expenses increased  from £2.9 million to £3 million in same period. Even with the £225k handout from 3BC we still lost over £100k, that was with 2 months of COVID and missing 5 home games whilst bottom of league, god knows how our balance sheet will look next May

5 minutes ago, thenolly said:

Absolutely spot on.

We still man and run the club like we are in premiership. Manager with 2 assistants, 2 coaches, a full time squad, an academy, and a women’s team. 
We barely cut wages over last 3 seasons compared to how we are.

Our turnover dropped from 18/19 to 19/20 from £3 million to £2.6 million yet our expenses increased  from £2.9 million to £3 million in same period. Even with the £225k handout from 3BC we still lost over £100k, that was with 2 months of COVID and missing 5 home games whilst bottom of league, god knows how our balance sheet will look next May

That's before you even start looking at the costs on the office side of the business.