The Partick Thistle thread

Without wanting to resurrect the 'shat it from Clyde' postponement chat, if we have decided not to use the undersoil heating system this season then, in my admittedly limited understanding of undersoil heating systems, I don't think turning it back on is a simple flick of a switch. BBC weather predicting -7 degrees overnight, I think there is a small chance this could be off. 👀

Also wtf are we doing to our players to have so many injuries?

Do they need to be injured these days.  Clubs from top to bottom are no longer advising when they get covid cases.  Given the numbers since mid December I would not be surprised if a few clubs are struggling for a match 11.  

32 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

No doubt they'll be along soon to promote it but the Draw, Lose or Draw podcast have uploaded an interview with Gary Caldwell.

https://soundcloud.com/user-130989041/episode-29-the-big-interview-wgary-caldwell?ref=clipboard&p=i&c=0

Had to turn this off about half way through. No idea why I thought it would be interesting to voluntarily listen to Gary Caldwell talking shite.

51 minutes ago, Draw, Lose or Draw Podcast said:

Listen into Episode  29 of Draw, Lose or Draw- The Big Interview, where Matt and David talk to ex Thistle manager Gary Caldwell about his time at the club.

Any listens, shares and feedback is appreciated.

My feedback is that this is, as expected, a puddle of self-justificatory pish from a charlatan and a blowhard, but well done on asking him awkward questions.   Nice to know that he definitely didn't do a powerpoint to get the job, that he chatted to Jacqui a lot, that he only froze out key first team players for three weeks not the reported six, and that the training facility they were sent to train in isolation was nice.  Couldn't be bothered listening to his Erskine/Doolan guff, once he'd started trash-talking Erskine's form after he left us.  How have you done in management since you got punted, Gary? 

2 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

Said it before and was blasted injury list is shocking plastic pitches to blame .?

No.

Every team in the league plays on the exact same pitches.

If it was the pitches, every team would be in the same boat.

Couple of possible reasons: 

1. We have been unlucky.

2. Our way of training is causing injuries. In which case, someone needs punted.

3. Our physios arent very good at their jobs.

4. We have a punch of players who refuse to play through any niggles.

5 hours ago, K77 said:

Without wanting to resurrect the 'shat it from Clyde' postponement chat, if we have decided not to use the undersoil heating system this season then, in my admittedly limited understanding of undersoil heating systems, I don't think turning it back on is a simple flick of a switch. BBC weather predicting -7 degrees overnight, I think there is a small chance this could be off. 👀

Also wtf are we doing to our players to have so many injuries?

You also need to rotate a valve. It does though need several days to defrost a solid park 

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, virginton said:
How have your rabble got on since punting him?

Posters like this coming down from the upper leagues looking to sate their boredom really is one of the stealth costs of a lockdown.

It's a valid question tbf...

Anyway who's volunteering to put snow onto the pitch in advance of kickoff time?

6 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Anyway who's volunteering to put snow onto the pitch in advance of kickoff time?

Already covered, I threw a snowball from the canal earlier today and managed to reach the corner flag. Games aff.

It's a valid question tbf...
9am pitch inspection so I doubt it'll be warm enough by then to have thawed the pitch.

It's superficially a fair question but even with hindsight there are very few who would have kept Caldwell on and I doubt his intention was to provoke some introspection. The problem is that the club's issues were fourfold: shite players, shite manager, deep-rooted institutional rot, and continual board room uncertainty. Replacing the manager was the right call but the other three obviously take time to correct.