The Partick Thistle thread

15 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

You’ve answered a question that asks for a noun as a response with a verb.

You’re an idiot.

Merry Christmas.

Only an idiot like you could be so pedantic. My was  point obvious but chose to be a smart arse.

Mansell is playing for club which is playing at a higher level than Thistle.  What don't you understand now?

10 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Only an idiot like you could be so pedantic. My was  point obvious but chose to be a smart arse.

Mansell is playing for club which is playing at a higher level than Thistle.  What don't you understand now?

I don’t understand how you’ve lived so long without a sense of humour.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all Jags fans. Even the boring ones...

2021 Is going to be the year of the Jags. Sadly that will be due to the treatment for the Covid-19 virus rather than anything of great note by Thistle on the football pitch.

💛

54 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Merry Christmas to all Jags fans. Even the boring ones...

2021 Is going to be the year of the Jags. Sadly that will be due to the treatment for the Covid-19 virus rather than anything of great note by Thistle on the football pitch.

💛

And to you Jagfox. Iam not boring. Just a grumpy b*****d. Lol.

On 22/12/2020 at 22:48, Jacky1990 said:

Dont know if its been mentioned here before, but just seen Lewis Mansell is currently at League One side Accrington Stanley.

Genuinely staggered he found another full time club. Probably on more money as well. Mental.

Scored the winner on his debut for them if I remember correctly.

35 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

So if you say “FFS ref” you get sent off?

havent seen the incident, but i wonder sometimes if some refs will give you a lot more leeway on that score than others

going to give the ref the benefit of the doubt till there's more info, since you see players pissing and moaning about decisions pretty frequently to a referee and ordinarily they don't go card happy especially not for a straight red

Fairly happy with a point/clean sheet away at the team top of the league, didn't think we played particularly well, but at least we didn't lose.

We are screaming out for a number 10 or any kind of creative midfielder, has to be a priority for January. We can't continue to start games with our midfield pairing being Banzo/Docherty when they cancel each other out. Though Sena and Brownlie were outstanding, must be close to the best defensive partnership in the league (which I realise might not be saying much). Though Lyons was poor again when he came on, beginning to think he's a player that needs time to grow into a game, as opposed to an impact sub, hopefully he starts upfront now that Rudden will be out for a bit (unless Ocholi is ready for the 1st team?). 

Anyone have any idea why McCall had all the players out on the pitch at the end, was he giving them a rocket or praising them? Or just couldn't be arsed to get back to the changing room?

58 minutes ago, JustDom said:

Fairly happy with a point/clean sheet away at the team top of the league, didn't think we played particularly well, but at least we didn't lose.

We are screaming out for a number 10 or any kind of creative midfielder, has to be a priority for January. We can't continue to start games with our midfield pairing being Banzo/Docherty when they cancel each other out. Though Sena and Brownlie were outstanding, must be close to the best defensive partnership in the league (which I realise might not be saying much). Though Lyons was poor again when he came on, beginning to think he's a player that needs time to grow into a game, as opposed to an impact sub, hopefully he starts upfront now that Rudden will be out for a bit (unless Ocholi is ready for the 1st team?). 

Anyone have any idea why McCall had all the players out on the pitch at the end, was he giving them a rocket or praising them? Or just couldn't be arsed to get back to the changing room?

I actually thought we were ok today. Not particularly troubled in defence. Brownlie and Sena were comfortable. I know he’s getting stick on here but I actually thought that was one of Rudden’s best games (low praise). 

19 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

I actually thought we were ok today. Not particularly troubled in defence. Brownlie and Sena were comfortable. I know he’s getting stick on here but I actually thought that was one of Rudden’s best games (low praise). 

I think I'm being too harsh on the team, might have been better than I though at the time. Rudden was decent, I'd be tempted to keep him in over Graham if they were both fit.

On the face of it a 0-0 with 10 men away to the top of the league is a decent result. In th grand scheme of things I feel it scuppered any chance of winning the league.

We are now scoring less than a goal a game and we should be averaging 2 a game or more to have a realistic chance of being champion.

We are solid enough at the back but we just can't bloody score enough goals. We lack goals throughout the team. This applies to set-pieces as well as chances squandered from open play.

Again we hit the woodwork chances that should getting buried. So questioning our actual strikers ability is valid criticism.

We don't have any discernible output from the player in behind the striker either. Interesting that when Murray and Gordon scored we actually won those two games. 

Spittal didn't contribute much either prior to being injured. He can take a decent set-piece though.

Cardle has huffed and puffed but has missed a few chances and hasn't created much if anything with his deadball delivery.

Rudden looked okay but missed a chance and then got sent off denying him the chance to get a run of games and some fucking goals.

His swearing at the ref was pretty petulant irrespective if the ref may have been oversensitive. I actually think he might have a form of Tourettes as he is quite sweary in general and seems to have a bit of a tick when being interviwed. Whatever he's not any use day in a stand on matchday.

With the number of games left we are running out of opportunities and we aren't any further forward. Looks like it'll be a stab at the playoffs at best. We need some semblance of goal scoring form to make sure of that. 

If we can't beat Clyde next up any lingering support for the manager will dwindle away.

So come on Thistle, score some fucking goals!

TL;DR We can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo and we're not going anywhere fast.