The Partick Thistle thread

8 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is McCall spending too much time on his media work ?

I hardly think we’re struggling against Peterhead because Ian McCall is staying up all night finding out the xG of St Mirren and Hamilton or spending one evening a week telling Richard Gordon that Tavernier is a cracking player or that Michael Moffat’s a “good lad with a great work ethic”.

The problem at the club is deep rooted and extends further than the manager. The decline over last 3 1/2 years over multiple management teams with decent budgets shows the issue comes from the top. We’ve had various explayers treated poorly (Martin Keown talking about how his son was badly treated is the latest), Kenny Miller stated it’s the most amateurish club he had ever been at. 
Our issues begin and end at the top, and that’s Britton and Low

10 hours ago, thenolly said:

The problem at the club is deep rooted and extends further than the manager. The decline over last 3 1/2 years over multiple management teams with decent budgets shows the issue comes from the top. We’ve had various explayers treated poorly (Martin Keown talking about how his son was badly treated is the latest), Kenny Miller stated it’s the most amateurish club he had ever been at. 
Our issues begin and end at the top, and that’s Britton and Low

When and to whom did Kenny Miller say that to?I've no doubt it was the most amateurish club Kenny Miller has played at, but I'm not sure what he really expected.

Even if Kenny Miller had ended up scoring 20 goals for us last season (which he wouldn't have), I still would have disliked him. Struggling to think of anything he did other than an equaliser at Dundee. And his missed sitter v Celtic, set up by Zak Rudden, was more memorable.

Looked every inch the kind of guy you would hate to have at work. Constantly stomping around moaning at colleagues, while showing no leadership himself. Compare and contrast with Scott MacDonald, who contributed to the team as a whole and looked he wqs interested in winning football matches.

10 minutes ago, qpfc said:

What’s the situation with Kouider-Aissa? Was banging them in for us at QP and expected him to be fairly successful at thistle. Is he injured just now or just not favoured ?

I think he’s injured to be honest mate. There’s not been much news of him making a return to the starting 11 so presumably he’s still injured 

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

What’s the situation with Kouider-Aissa? Was banging them in for us at QP and expected him to be fairly successful at thistle. Is he injured just now or just not favoured ?

Broke his nose a while back, possibly late October. Haven’t heard a thing about him since then.

Apparently he’s still injured, but who knows? We’re a bit of a shambles when it comes to injuries. First of all, we get a ton of them. And in addition, the management team’s updates are often vague or just completely forget certain guys exist, as has happened with Salim.

Ach, a big game for you lot on Saturday! It'd be really good to see you beat Falkirk, and would keep things interesting at the top. I'd love to see you back in the top flight, especially if you can replace Hamilton! If you don't bounce back soon I fear you could be down there for some time, especially with the number of ambitious clubs in that league, and with Queens Park set to join you.

10 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Ach, a big game for you lot on Saturday! It'd be really good to see you beat Falkirk, and would keep things interesting at the top. I'd love to see you back in the top flight, especially if you can replace Hamilton! If you don't bounce back soon I fear you could be down there for some time, especially with the number of ambitious clubs in that league, and with Queens Park set to join you.

Appreciate the kind sentiments but it’s going to be a huge uphill battle to get up to the championship over the next season or 2 let alone the premier league mate

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

Appreciate the kind sentiments but it’s going to be a huge uphill battle to get up to the championship over the next season or 2 let alone the premier league mate

Potentially 20% of the teams in your league can be promoted, so being full-time that's not too big a task. Getting out of the Championship is more difficult, granted - it took Rangers two seasons. 

I was thinking the other day, how good the Championship would be if it was all local clubs: Airdrieonions, Ayr, Clyde, Dumbarton, Greenock, Hamilton, Motherwell, Partick Thistle, Queens Park and St. Mirren (not that I'm hoping we get relegated). Ayr's possibly stretching 'local' a bit, but it'd basically be the Greater Glasgow League. 

22 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

I was thinking the other day, how good the Championship would be if it was all local clubs: Airdrieonions, Ayr, Clyde, Dumbarton, Greenock, Hamilton, Motherwell, Partick Thistle, Queens Park and St. Mirren (not that I'm hoping we get relegated). Ayr's possibly stretching 'local' a bit, but it'd basically be the Greater Glasgow League. 

Or not so much the Atlantic League, more the Kelvin League then. Throw in the Bigot Bros, and put it to a vote.  

When we won the old First Division in 2012-13, it was wholly comprised solely of central belt teams...

Thistle, Morton, Falkirk, Livingston, Hamilton, Raith, Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline and Airdrie.

Can’t remember us being in a more localised league with away days being in such easy reach.