The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, R&Y99 said:

McCall said it was to do with him not stepping up to full time training the way they had hoped he would. There is still the majority of the season for him to prove himself, which I’m hopeful he will get the chance to do. 

He started 24 times for Montrose last season, now he’s went full time he’s not fit enough? 

1 hour ago, R&Y99 said:

McCall said it was to do with him not stepping up to full time training the way they had hoped he would. There is still the majority of the season for him to prove himself, which I’m hopeful he will get the chance to do. 

He started 24 times for Montrose last season, now he’s went full time he’s not fit enough? 

5 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

I am only repeating what McCall has said about Lyons in interviews.

It seems nonsense unless that’s the mental health issue he was talking about, perhaps his head isn’t up to being a full time player and having to get out his scratcher 3 times a week for training at 10 am

2 minutes ago, thenolly said:

It seems nonsense unless that’s the mental health issue he was talking about, perhaps his head isn’t up to being a full time player and having to get out his scratcher 3 times a week for training at 10 am

You don't know much about mental health conditions do you?

13 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Bitterness? Your pathetic stalking is obsessive and creepy. Like so many Jags fans, I have been unimpressed by this under-performing management team. 

We should have been nowhere near the bottom of the league when last season was ended prematurely. We are six points behind Falkirk already and only averaging of a goal a game (7) in a mediocre league.  Even Airdrie and Montrose have scored 12 and 13 respectively.

If you think that's good enough, you must have very low standards and expectations. I don't and believe that the fans deserve better than the crap that have endured over the last three seasons.

So, someone missed the point. 😂

Presumably he was also working while only part time - so would be out his “scratcher” way before that.

If McCall is not careful he's going to make an arse of signing Lyons, I don't know if it's point proving right now from him but he should have been brought on earlier. However our missed chances are what cost us, what happens when we have to rely on one striker, inevitably he's going to have a few bad games. 

21 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Did he? I thought he just said he wasn't match fit ... Then proceeded to not give him any worthshile game time

Was in James Cairney's Glasgow Times article at the weekend. 

3 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

What’s jags fans thoughts on fosters last three appearances I think they have been a big improvement from the start of season

I like the look of him on the left side. Wasn’t cutting it on the right, but he looks a lot more comfortable and is playing better at left back. 

Quite like Sena at centre back, he seems much better there than the few times I’ve seen him play in midfield. Definitely deserves to stay in the team at any rate.

I think we’ll probably try and keep Spittal until the summer, assuming he’s back fit. Doubt he’ll get a game for County anytime soon, so imagine they’ll be happy to let him stay with us until his contract expires at the end of the season.