The Partick Thistle thread

50 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Awe boo hoo!!. My heart bleeds for this lot and the tax dodgers St Mirren  tonight. Take yer medicine lads and move on!!!

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/club-reaction-to-spfl-tribunal-sanctions/

i dunno, maybe im just too saft or something but i dont really feel like pointing and laughing. If nothing else we're probably in our own Banter Years and could end up being on the bad end of something similar before the season finishes, but hopefully not.

found some of the pisstaking from certain fans that jumped in here over and over again (probably just fishing for easy greenies) after the relegation vote + appeals a bit weird and ghoulish tbh, but that might just be me.

8 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

i dunno, maybe im just too saft or something but i dont really feel like pointing and laughing. If nothing else we're probably in our own Banter Years and could end up being on the bad end of something similar before the season finishes, but hopefully not.

found some of the pisstaking from certain fans that jumped in here over and over again (probably just fishing for easy greenies) after the relegation vote + appeals a bit weird and ghoulish tbh, but that might just be me.

It could happen to any team, including ourselves,  but I while it happens to others I will thoroughly enjoy their pain and complaints about how unfair it all is!

1 hour ago, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:

Thistle starting to look quite solid now - McCall stressed the importance of that win at Montrose, highlighting the benefits of being able to win dirty in this league when you have to. Would love to hear fans general thoughts on how things are going this season.

Started off fucking pish, now slightly less shit? Injury situation is a nightmare.

3 hours ago, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:

Thistle starting to look quite solid now - McCall stressed the importance of that win at Montrose, highlighting the benefits of being able to win dirty in this league when you have to. Would love to hear fans general thoughts on how things are going this season.

Didn’t start off well, but looking to be on a better track now (providing we keep that up tomorrow). Injury situation has been horrendous, but can’t fault the effort from most of the players in the last number of games. League still wide open for places, as expected. The team’s job just needs to be to keep winning and keep up the good performances.

18 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Didn’t start off well, but looking to be on a better track now (providing we keep that up tomorrow). Injury situation has been horrendous, but can’t fault the effort from most of the players in the last number of games. League still wide open for places, as expected. The team’s job just needs to be to keep winning and keep up the good performances.

Yeah looks that way Indeed. Injury situation definitely got to be factored in when analysing events so far. Have been at your last two games and you've done a real professional job of grinding out two victories - if you can keep that up it's real asset to have in this league because it's a mental division really.

Thistle will undoubtedly turn the corner. We started the league last season in a similar fashion before emptying Ray McKinnon. We were playing catch up from that point and never managed to top Raith whilst having a slightly better points per game average once Miller and McCracken took over. Big question is how long will McCall be given to turn it around?

3 hours ago, thenolly said:

There is no way that team is going up this season 

3 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Certainly not with that dud of a manager. 

Certainly not with this inept management team and under-performing squad. Even with the injured players fit again, we'd struggle to get in the top 2.  At the very least, we need a right-back who can cross, a creative playmaker and striker who can score regularly at this level. 

It's unlikely, however, that the budget will allow significant strengthening  in January. Even if there is money available, Britton, McCall and Archie can't be trusted to spend it wisely.

3 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Thistle will undoubtedly turn the corner. We started the league last season in a similar fashion before emptying Ray McKinnon. We were playing catch up from that point and never managed to top Raith whilst having a slightly better points per game average once Miller and McCracken took over. Big question is how long will McCall be given to turn it around?

Poor performances on the pitch might be masked by the current state of flux in the boardroom, and give McCall longer than he would normally get. Low & co are apparently in the process of transferring over ownership to the fans (which is predictably taking forever), so on-the-pitch shortcomings may be ignored for longer than they normally would with a stable board in charge.

I feel like we’re in a very similar situation to Falkirk, but one year behind. We’ll likely have a shot at promotion via the playoffs which you didn’t, but I have no doubt that unless things change drastically we’re not winning this league. 7 goals in 7 games at this point is abysmal.