The Partick Thistle thread

40 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

OS listing a £128,000 trading loss. Says there's no debt taken on (at least not bank debt...) 

2X assistant managers still seems really profligate to me - club could furlough one of them til March??

2 assistant managers and yet we still look like a disorganised rabble with no coherent game plan playing against guys who train a few hours a week.

They dont need furloughed. They need sacked, cause something isnt working and hasnt since McCall came in.

We don't have two assistant managers. We have one and a coach. 

I'd be more concerned at why the Club are blaming Covid for a Loss of £128k. And a Drop in income of £380k up to the end of May?

There was only 5 games left to play from Covid impacting the game up to the end of our financial year.

6 hours ago, dave.j said:

I'd be more concerned at why the Club are blaming Covid for a Loss of £128k. And a Drop in income of £380k up to the end of May?

There was only 5 games left to play from Covid impacting the game up to the end of our financial year.

We blamed COVID on relegation, losing money and not handing over shares/ground. 

Im more interested in who we took the debt from if it wasn’t the bank?

Without seeing the management accounts it is difficult to determine whether it is right or wrong.
Assuming attendance of approx 2,500 per game income would be about £200K. Some of that would be ST but how much. Add to that lost hospitality, advertising etc, I suppose that it could get to close to £380K or at least being the main reason for the drop or at least be the main contributor to the drop in income.

12 hours ago, dave.j said:

not really disagreeing since that makes more sense but the OS always seems to have their title given as assistant managers

image.png.2e23cf2d2a6ba8622c1e04959ab7823f.png

image.png.09a8b567252df2d28af9c4d3fea5aa27.png

i kinda assumed from that they were on broadly the same wages/doing very similar jobs at the club? County had that weird dual manager set up so I guessed it was something like that

33 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

not really disagreeing since that makes more sense but the OS always seems to have their title given as assistant managers

image.png.2e23cf2d2a6ba8622c1e04959ab7823f.png

image.png.09a8b567252df2d28af9c4d3fea5aa27.png

i kinda assumed from that they were on broadly the same wages/doing very similar jobs at the club? County had that weird dual manager set up so I guessed it was something like that

I've absolutely no idea what goes 9n at Firhill. They don't half make things difficult to understand, so god knows why they insist on doing that. But it's been stated by the club previously and by McCall that Archibald's job role 8s first team coach. 

17 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

Who would have thought part of our First Division title squad would have been one of the players to help end Scotland’s hoodoo of not qualifying for major tournaments. Proud of former Jag Stephen O’Donnell.

Big handsome b*****d was terrific on the night.

Everyone at The Thistle Archive is pleased to support the excellent RedYellow.org  fan merchandise initiative. With all profits donated to PTFC, it's a win-win with Christmas coming up and a great product range on offer. The footer of every page at The Thistle Archive now has a handy link through to the shop. 'mon the Jags!

ry2.jpg

15 minutes ago, Mancubus said:

Anyone know how to get the discount for the Morton stream?

did my normal thing of trying to buy my ticket an hour before kickoff, seemingly you need to email the club with a copy of your receipt for the Falkirk game and then they'll give you your discount code. 

genuinely just assumed they would do a mailing list and be proactive enough to email me prior to the game with the discount code (or the vastly simpler LOWER THE FUCKING PPV COST BY 25% FOR THE MATCH) rather than making me jump through hoops to get it, so i cant really be fucked getting the game tbh, especially given what ive seen on here about having 13 fit outfield players.

They do say on the o/s that if you email up until kickoff you'll get the discount so idk if you can maybe apply it to a different game if you dont get this one

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

did my normal thing of trying to buy my ticket an hour before kickoff, seemingly you need to email the club with a copy of your receipt for the Falkirk game and then they'll give you your discount code. 
genuinely just assumed they would do a mailing list and be proactive enough to email me prior to the game with the discount code (or the vastly simpler LOWER THE FUCKING PPV COST BY 25% FOR THE MATCH) rather than making me jump through hoops to get it, so i cant really be fucked getting the game tbh, especially given what ive seen on here about having 13 fit outfield players.
They do say in the email that if you email up until kickoff you'll get the discount so idk if you can maybe apply it to a different game if you dont get this one
Might just leave it too, they could've made it a bit easier, I had thought they might email, but the last email I had was the receipt for the Falkirk game, think I'll just have a couple of hours on the Xbox instead. [emoji16]