The Partick Thistle thread

We were terrible again today, out of nowhere though it looked like we were possibly heading for a victory. Once again though we go and conceded a late goal in order to drop some more points. Our form so far this season is that of a mid table side and unsurprisingly that is where we find ourselves in the table. 

On 08/11/2020 at 11:00, jagsfan57 said:

Think we played well for a good part of the game. Our failings are the same as past few years. We don’t score enough and are prone to defensive errors and sit too deep when ahead in 2nd half. Not optimistic that we will get out this league this season.

What’s depressing is the quality of the teams we’re playing against. If Cove finish above us then something has gone very wrong. No way you’d swap squads with them (on paper anyway). 

What’s depressing is the quality of the teams we’re playing against. If Cove finish above us then something has gone very wrong. No way you’d swap squads with them (on paper anyway). 

Do you think there has been much difference in the quality of opposition between the championship and League 1 so far ? Can’t say that I have seen much difference.

23 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Do you think there has been much difference in the quality of opposition between the championship and League 1 so far ? Can’t say that I have seen much difference.

Our results are similar in both leagues anyway

8 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Not at the lower level, but Utd, ICT and (pause) Dundee are clearly a class above Cove. 

17 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

If Falkirk claim that they would have won the league is true then the Championship is miles better. If Thistle's claim that we would have avoided relegation is true the Championship is worse. If Thistle and Falkirk where in the Championship Saturdays game would have been a relegation battle

14 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Not at the lower level, but Utd, ICT and (pause) Dundee are clearly a class above Cove. 

We'll see tonight for Dundee. I know it was pre-season and that's basically a kick about but we drew 1-1 having be in front and lost 1-0 (player them twice in a week).

I think we could beat them at Dens tonight. We need to or we're out at the group stage

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I presume you picked those 3 as they were in the top 3 spots when the season was called.
This season Dundee are mid table having been gubbed by Hearts and managed a draw at Alloa.
ICT are currently in the bottom 3 or 4.

I am just not sure where the evidence is so far that the Championship quality is that much better than league 1.