The Partick Thistle thread

On 24/10/2020 at 19:40, Sting777 said:

Sneddon and McKenna off for knee scans on Monday according to McCall in his post match interview on JZ

The news in Scally's match preview is not good.

“Jamie Sneddon and Ciaran McKenna are no further forward. They’re still being evaluated so we don’t know exactly what the time frame is for them... but they definitely won’t be available this weekend. Zak Rudden is due to have an operation in midweek so he’s another that’ll miss out."

The delay in evaluation is puzzling. If Sneddon and McKenna have had scans, the medical staff and consultants must know what's wrong. Rudden seems injury prone and it appears that he'll be missing for  months rather than weeks. However, the national lockdown that is supposedly coming next week may mean that they miss fewer games.

It does seem very high. But it does beg the question as to how clubs include the revenue for streaming in the accounts. They would need to be very careful about saying the viewing figures are high(to attract advertising) as HMRC might well want a chunk of VAT/Tax based on these claims.

On 30/10/2020 at 10:48, DeanMck said:

How did Cammy Palmer get on with you last season? 20 games before being sent back from McCall I see. Did you rate him much? 

Tidy player, probably wasn’t physical enough for the Championship, still had a lot of development in him, instead of keeping him we brought in Jamie Barjonas, Palmer was a much better player than him. 

That’s probably not the game to draw too many conclusions from. We were comfortably better than Cove. The conditions made anything creative next to impossible. Seems more like one of those kick in the teeth results you get from time to time. 

Which isn’t to pretend we’re in a good place right now. But at 92 mins today, I thought we looked better than in previous two games (against supposedly better opposition). 

And that’s a perfect example of why the club is where it is today. Being satisfied with a goalless draw against Cove ffs. Or not kicking off because they beat us. Loser attitude in the boardroom, chief exec office, dugout and changing room. And now it seems on the terraces as well.

We will play worse and win conditions were terrible for both teams but I thought they never really troubled us however we need to  get players into the box the final third we are so predictable said it before don’t know where goals are going to come from

12 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

We will play worse and win conditions were terrible for both teams but I thought they never really troubled us however we need to  get players into the box the final third we are so predictable said it before don’t know where goals are going to come from

Agree with all of this. Having been suggested that Cove will be challengers, I was very surprised by how poor they were (possibly not helped by conditions either). 

You’d think that we’d have created more with Murray or Lyons but perhaps the conditions would’ve made it more difficult for them. Don’t know. 

Strange that SKA didn’t come on