The Partick Thistle thread

I know it’s one game into the season but on today’s showing we will be lucky to avoid another relegation  we were shocking today one shot on target says it all  nothing has changed  we looked as if we were just going through the motions today  and up front we must be he easiest team to defend against 

When did we come for pre-season?

Given the additional time McCall and his backroom team have had with the players, the lack of a clear plan or fitness is a major red flag.

The continued presence of imposters like Bannigan, Penrice, Gordon, Cardle and O'Ware (not today obv) in the squad and Archie as a coach, despite each of them being a major part our downfall the past few years, certainly doesnt help.

Just watched McCalls interview on JZ. Looks like a sniper had a pop at him during the interview. Sounded like a gun going off!! Says Clyde deserved it and we weren’t good enough in the final 3rd. Said he was pleased with Lyons but he is still searching for fitness!!! FFS it’s October. Why is he not fit. Have never heard anything about him being injured during the whole of pre season

Edited by Sting777

32 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Just watched McCalls interview on JZ. Looks like a sniper had a pop at him during the interview. Sounded like a gun going off!! Says Clyde deserved it and we weren’t good enough in the final 3rd. Said he was pleased with Lyons but he is still searching for fitness!!! FFS it’s October. Why is he not fit. Have never heard anything about him being injured during the whole of pre season

How can he not be be fit.... if that’s true the medical team need punted. 

13 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Pure guesswork on my part by the way.

But I'm sure McCall has previously talked about taking a job "upstairs" at some stage.

I think that’s why he left a stable job with Ayr for us. Thought he’d stroll through a few years management in the Championship before moving to a cushty upstairs number.

Not going to get that chance if we don’t turn things around quickly.

41 minutes ago, Reid said:

If we keep starting Shea Gordon the only way we’ll get out this league is by going down.

Probably not a popular opinion but you could say that even more so about banzo. Guy has done nothing in 3 years and been rewarded with a 2 year deal. Absolutely mind boggling 

I have to say I was surprised by today's result. I thought you looked good against us, and would win today. I think your next game against Airdrie Onions will be a bog test for you. 

Edited by Ralstonite

10 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

I have to say I was surprised by today's result. I thought you looked good against us, and would win today. I think your next game against Airdrie Onions will be a bog test for you. 

Aye apart from the first half against Queens Park we looked pretty good going forward in the three league cup games. Today though we didn’t at all, lots of balls into the box with no one on the end of them, really slow movement going forward as well. Such a poor performance.

2 hours ago, knighthawk said:

How can he not be be fit.... if that’s true the medical team need punted. 

The medical team have nothing to do with him needing/getting match fitness and sharpness, which quite clearly is what he’s lacking. There was no mention of an injury in pre-season. 

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

The medical team have nothing to do with him needing/getting match fitness and sharpness, which quite clearly is what he’s lacking. There was no mention of an injury in pre-season. 

He has had the best part of 10 weeks to get fit then. So is McCall to blame with his training methods? 
So your logic is miles off. 

53 minutes ago, knighthawk said:

He has had the best part of 10 weeks to get fit then. So is McCall to blame with his training methods? 
So your logic is miles off. 

No my logic isn’t miles off at all, you made a comment about the medical staff, and I’m saying that it’s got nothing to do with the medical staff that Blair Lyons match fitness isn’t up to what it either should be, or will be in the next few weeks. A player can be incredibly fit, I’m sure he is quite fit, and not be match fit, that’s the point. To get match fit, you need to play matches, he’s not played many. If you want to blame McCall’s training then, fair enough, I’d suggest it’s far more likely, he’s still finding match fitness because he hasn’t played as many matches as he needs, to fully get up to speed after 6/7 months out of action, why hasn’t he played as many matches as need be? Your guess is as good as mine, to blame Medical Staff is insane and wildly inaccurate. 

Edited by JagsCG

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

Probably not a popular opinion but you could say that even more so about banzo. Guy has done nothing in 3 years and been rewarded with a 2 year deal. Absolutely mind boggling 

Agreed. The management team appear blind to the fact that both O’Ware and Bannigan have been awful for 3 seasons yet keep getting rewarded with contract extensions. . If fit, they are shoe ins for a place in the team. We had Scally pre match going on about how big a player O’Ware is for the team. He must be seeing things that no other jags fans have seen since he (O’Ware) joined the club.

Edited by Sting777