The Partick Thistle thread

8 hours ago, Benidorm said:

Michael Max putting in a bid for the Thistle Tom Miller role. Constant penalty shouts and getting info about the opposition and other teams wrong. Might start warming to the c**t if oppo fans begin moaning about him tbh.

Very rarely does MM shout for a penalty, more often than not, he’ll say penalty shouts from players (even if it’s ours) are soft. Why would opposition fans moan about him? He doesn’t say anything controversial. 

I think you perhaps need to grow up a little and realise Israel/Palestine is a very complex conflict with 2 sides. The Palestinian side is anti-Semitic, Holocaust-denying and violent. Few of us in Scotland, myself included, understand the situation well, and I think this particularly applies to some bampot Celtic fans who, lest we forget, have a penchant for another bloodthirsty terrorist organisation.

You don’t understand it at all if that’s how you sum it up.

9 hours ago, Smurph said:

Shea Gordon will be at Queen's Park in League One next season.

He hasn’t played under Ray McKinnon before so can’t see it.

How is Rudden getting on at Thistle? I was probably in the minority at Falkirk but always felt he was overrated at the club. Technically not the greatest footballer but he had a great habit of being in the right place at the right time accompanied with a fantastic attitude. Has he been scoring much for Thistle? 

29 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

He hasn’t played under Ray McKinnon before so can’t see it.

How is Rudden getting on at Thistle? I was probably in the minority at Falkirk but always felt he was overrated at the club. Technically not the greatest footballer but he had a great habit of being in the right place at the right time accompanied with a fantastic attitude. Has he been scoring much for Thistle? 

He was injured the majority of the time he was with us last season, and only made 4 or 5 appearances. Unless I’m forgetting something, he hasn’t scored in a competitive game for us yet.

From limited viewing so far, I’d agree with you about his technical ability. Seems a bit awkward when in control of the ball.

16 hours ago, Smurph said:

Shea Gordon will be at Queen's Park in League One next season.

Gordon strikes me as someone who, if we released him, would still get one more full time gig at Championship level purely because he has scored the odd goal, maybe a Morton, Raith, Queen of the South, etc. He'll likely then just drift down the leagues, ultimately spending most his career jobbing about League Two. 

Really hope he proves me wrong this year.

29 minutes ago, JustDom said:

Hopefully season ending.

Hopefully not season ending. I’m in no way an O’Ware fan (I’d prefer Brownlie and McKenna at the back I think)  but wishing a player who’s only recently came back from a long-term injury, to be injured again, is embarrassing behaviour. 

On 11/10/2020 at 01:55, Jacky1990 said:

Fixed that for you.

Total non entity of a footballer.

Ah, give the poor boy a break. He may have hidden talent.

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 14.50.08.png

36 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

Excluding the last 20 mins against St Mirren and the first half against Queens Park, I think we’ve looked pretty good. Defence looks fairly solid (that 20 mins aside). Not creating enough good chances though. 

We created plenty of good chances both last night and against St Mirren, it’s taking them that’s been the issue. 

Had my first ever non-uni/school bit of writing published recently and wrote a bit about how you lot are shaping up this season. Feel free to take a look if you’ve got the time and agree or disagree with what I’ve said!

https://thelocalscot.co.uk/f/the-5-teams-to-watch-in-the-scottish-lower-leagues-this-season

30 minutes ago, Sheriff Harry S. Truman said:

Had my first ever non-uni/school bit of writing published recently and wrote a bit about how you lot are shaping up this season. Feel free to take a look if you’ve got the time and agree or disagree with what I’ve said!

https://thelocalscot.co.uk/f/the-5-teams-to-watch-in-the-scottish-lower-leagues-this-season

I only read the Thistle bit, nothing personal, I just couldn't give a f**k about any other team. Can't really disagree with any of it, it does feel like we are under pressure to get out of this league first time of asking and I really hope the players aren't affected by that. 

The Declan Glass situation is just absolute peak Thistle these last few years, signing such a promising player for the season and almost immediately he gets injured. Actual sake.