The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Good on them, if we're going to take money to let Israel train at Firhill then we can deal with the consequences.

A bit simplistic to start calling Good Guys and Bad Guys in the Middle East.

Plenty of countries out there are seen as a little controversial. Would we have deserved graffiti if we let China or North Korea train at Firhill?

IMO politics and religion should never be associated with football and as a Partick Thistle supporter for over 60 years I have been proud of the fact that the Jags have always been a genuine community club with a diverse support, unlike some other clubs from this city!

This is quite simply an act of vandalism, a criminal offence. The perpetrators will no doubt be demonstrating outside Hampden prior to kick off tonight. Glasgows finest just need to scoop them all up, especially the ones with red paint on their hands!

Thank God I am an atheist!

1 hour ago, milhouse said:

A bit simplistic to start calling Good Guys and Bad Guys in the Middle East.

Plenty of countries out there are seen as a little controversial. Would we have deserved graffiti if we let China or North Korea train at Firhill?

Show me where I started calling one side good and one side bad and you might have a point. Until then I'll continue to not be upset in the slightest that the club has been called out for taking money from a team representing an oppressive regime.

2 hours ago, milhouse said:

I think you perhaps need to grow up a little and realise Israel/Palestine is a very complex conflict with 2 sides. The Palestinian side is anti-Semitic, Holocaust-denying and violent. Few of us in Scotland, myself included, understand the situation well, and I think this particularly applies to some bampot Celtic fans who, lest we forget, have a penchant for another bloodthirsty terrorist organisation.

Well constructed post!

The Middle East is a very complex and quite often difficult to understand area, whether it is politics, race, or religion.

Fact of the matter is, some of them have been at each other’s throats for thousands of years.

In the Israel/Palestine conflict there are many faults on both sides.

Some folk in the West just jump on board and claim allegiance to a particular side, with no real knowledge of past history or politics.

The Jews have been persecuted for thousands of years, and of course in the last century millions were murdered.

A question to the Einstein’s and I know it all about the Middle East! Where did the Jews, Hebrews come from originally?

And , correct the Celtic fans who have a penchant for another terrorist organisation.

Why do the Green Brigade fly PLO flags at Celtic Park?

To cause offence to Israel.

Might be worth checking your  team lines someday.

This sort of activity at Firhill has no place in football, quite simply this was vandalism.

3 hours ago, black sapper said:

A lot of Thistle fans will be disappointed to learn that we are providing assistance to a team representing an oppressive, racist state. 

I stand by anyone who protests against it and if you can't understand why, I know who I consider a moron. Disgusted at the club.

You are watching too much TV.

Falling asleep half way through and wakening up with the wrong idea.

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Show me where I started calling one side good and one side bad and you might have a point. Until then I'll continue to not be upset in the slightest that the club has been called out for taking money from a team representing an oppressive regime.

They never took the money from Israel, there is an agreement with SFA to use Firhill (for a fee) for any international team visiting to allow training, whether 1st team, U21, U18 or woman’s 

Why do they not graffiti their own ground in protest at their board signing an Israeli that has been at their club for 7 years! Double standards. No doubt they had their balaclavas and combat jackets on last night trying hard to be pretend IRA terrorists!! Fuds, the lot of them!

Moving on any thoughts on last nights game.thought docherty and Brannigan played well.losing silly goals from set pieces last season was a problem.heres hoping that isn’t the case this season thought manager spoke well after game saying players responsible for mistakes wouldn’t play following week

25 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

Moving on any thoughts on last nights game.thought docherty and Brannigan played well.losing silly goals from set pieces last season was a problem.heres hoping that isn’t the case this season thought manager spoke well after game saying players responsible for mistakes wouldn’t play following week

Think Sneddon is already under pressure. Was listening last night in the first half and in the background you could hear someone going ballistic. MM stated that it was McCall having a right dig at Sneddon because of his distribution. The mess he made of the 3rd goal heaps pressure on him. McCall made it clear in his interview that if you make mistakes it’s going to cost you your place!!

Edited by Sting777

6 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Think Sneddon is already under pressure. Was listening last night in the first half and in the background you could hear someone going ballistic. MM stated that it was McCall having a right dig at Sneddon because of his distribution. The mess he made of the 3rd goal heaps pressure on him. McCall made it clear in his interview that if you make mistakes it’s going to cost you your place!!

I honestly don’t have a problem with that. Too many players over the last few years were constantly guaranteed to play despite their performance.

Sneddon has a lot to prove yet, some on Facebook have said he is a great keeper. and probably basing it solely on the fact his name is not Scott fox. I think he is an average keeper made some good saves but also a lot of howlers.  If I am being honest he is now starting his fourth year at the club and I expected to have come on a lot more than he has 

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/streaming-update-3/

Pixellot has been patched by the club for now until they can sort out the issues from the test events. £10 for Saturday's stream with human operated cameras.

Good, Pixellot has been terrible for most clubs apparently, such a wasted investment. 

8 hours ago, milhouse said:

I think you perhaps need to grow up a little and realise Israel/Palestine is a very complex conflict with 2 sides. The Palestinian side is anti-Semitic, Holocaust-denying and violent. Few of us in Scotland, myself included, understand the situation well, and I think this particularly applies to some bampot Celtic fans who, lest we forget, have a penchant for another bloodthirsty terrorist organisation.

I've had a drink and IT isn't my strength, but that's an appalling statement. All Palestinians are anti-Semitic, Holocaust denying and violent? And what, you've met all of them!  How do you the think the current state of Israel was formed  - terrorism against innocent British servicemen  had a big part in it.  Away to Ibrox ya clown.

3 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

Docherty looks good but not sure about Bannigan last night. Still giving the ball away too much and was poor at set pieces. 

2 hours ago, I am Partacus said:

I've had a drink and IT isn't my strength, but that's an appalling statement. All Palestinians are anti-Semitic, Holocaust denying and violent? And what, you've met all of them!  How do you the think the current state of Israel was formed  - terrorism against innocent British servicemen  had a big part in it.  Away to Ibrox ya clown.

I didn't say that all Palestinians were anti-Semitic, violent and Holocaust-denying, although interestingly they voted in Hamas, who are all of the above.

I'd be very suprised if anyone on Scottish Football website Pie & Bovril was an expert on Israel/Palestine. I'm not sure why we would expect PTFC to 'pick a side' in this conflict and why we can't just say it's a complex issue and that'll do.

I'll only ever be at Ibrox in the away end to watch the Jags, as I have done for virtually every game there against them over the last 20 years I have been a Thistle season ticket holder.

22 minutes ago, milhouse said:

I didn't say that all Palestinians were anti-Semitic, violent and Holocaust-denying, although interestingly they voted in Hamas, who are all of the above.

I'd be very suprised if anyone on Scottish Football website Pie & Bovril was an expert on Israel/Palestine. I'm not sure why we would expect PTFC to 'pick a side' in this conflict and why we can't just say it's a complex issue and that'll do.

I'll only ever be at Ibrox in the away end to watch the Jags, as I have done for virtually every game there against them over the last 20 years I have been a Thistle season ticket holder.

You said that the Palestinian "side" were 'anti-Semitic, violent and Holocaust-denying' (obviously, because every single one of them voted for Hamas). If you can't see that as completely racist then you have a problem.