The Partick Thistle thread

14 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Debut goal for Spittal tonight a good sign, he should really thrive at this level.

I assume if he does well, we have the option to extend his loan deal in January? Took his goal well tonight, should be good for this league. 

Cafe lady just said apropros of nothing that Firhil has been defaced with graffiti, claimed it was due to letting israel train there?? 😒

Edit: tbf considering the era we're in im not taking it as gospel, might not be much graffiri and its exaggerated. Ill maybe drive past and see for myself. No idea if israel were training at it for a start.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

20 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Cafe lady just said apropros of nothing that Firhil has been defaced with graffiti, claimed it was due to letting israel train there?? 😒

Edit: tbf considering the era we're in im not taking it as gospel, might not be much graffiri and its exaggerated. Ill maybe drive past and see for myself. No idea if israel were training at it for a start.

They were.

4 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Good on them, if we're going to take money to let Israel train at Firhill then we can deal with the consequences.

Done us a favour I reckon. That main stand could be doing with a lick of paint anyway.

A lot of Thistle fans will be disappointed to learn that we are providing assistance to a team representing an oppressive, racist state. 

I stand by anyone who protests against it and if you can't understand why, I know who I consider a moron. Disgusted at the club.

53 minutes ago, black sapper said:

A lot of Thistle fans will be disappointed to learn that we are providing assistance to a team representing an oppressive, racist state. 

I stand by anyone who protests against it and if you can't understand why, I know who I consider a moron. Disgusted at the club.

I think you perhaps need to grow up a little and realise Israel/Palestine is a very complex conflict with 2 sides. The Palestinian side is anti-Semitic, Holocaust-denying and violent. Few of us in Scotland, myself included, understand the situation well, and I think this particularly applies to some bampot Celtic fans who, lest we forget, have a penchant for another bloodthirsty terrorist organisation.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Good on them, if we're going to take money to let Israel train at Firhill then we can deal with the consequences.

A bit simplistic to start calling Good Guys and Bad Guys in the Middle East.

Plenty of countries out there are seen as a little controversial. Would we have deserved graffiti if we let China or North Korea train at Firhill?