The Partick Thistle thread

Talking of team selection, what do people think we will go with at the back a three or a four? Personally against St Mirren I can see us lining up with a three and wingbacks. However, in the league I think we will be using a four.

3 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

Talking of team selection, what do people think we will go with at the back a three or a four? Personally against St Mirren I can see us lining up with a three and wingbacks. However, in the league I think we will be using a four.

McCall says he prefers a back 4, so I think that’s how he’ll go for most of the campaign. We looked much more solid in pre-season with the 4 than the 3. 

4 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

Who do you think should  be number 1 start goalkeeper for this season sneddon reminds me of scully  a bit regarding tends to have a howler moment each game

Sneddon will most likely be No.1 for the season, unless he makes errors and loses the jersey. He’s a decent keeper I think, but he’s not as good as a lot of people tried to claim he was, when Fox was in, in front of him last season. I remember people trying to say he was as good as the boy McCrorie, the same keeper is now a No.1 in the Premiership and in the Men’s Scotland Squad. 

Since last time...

More good reason to bookmark our ever-changing home page - we've added an Archive News section, which will give you a same-day notice if we add a new page or make any noteworthy updates (quite apart from the in-numerable trivial updates which go on all the time).

The trend seems to be for our match hubs to be uploaded the day after the match; keep an eye out for our unique reports and stats. The BSC game marked the end of the longest-ever close season, the game at Tynecastle seen us field an all-Scottish starting eleven for the first time in over 8 years and unwanted history was made when we failed to beat Ayr at home for a sixth consecutive game. By the end of Friday's game with Hearts we had witnessed 50 substitutions and introduced 13 new Jags to the Archive. It's been a bit lively! Still struggling on naming some of the match officials if anyone has the info, please do share.

All 5 of our tables from the Summer Cup (2), July CupSpring Cup and Intertoto Cup were added to the site today. The full reference-quality suite of 186 major and minor League and Cup tables* is now at your fingertips, anytime you need them.

Spoiler

* Until such times as we discover that the Gathering of the Clans Tournament was a round-robin in which case we'll need to despatch a special agent to Canada to investigate further!

Onto Paisley... can we maintain our astonishing record of being unbeaten in all competitive season openers in the 21st century?

Declan Glass - out for the season, and we’re trying to get Blair Spittal back apparently. 
Spittal’s not made any appearances in the match squads for County yet this season.

Edited by JagsCG

31 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Spittal is an utter shitebag. Talented, but a shitebag.

He’s one of the players who might actually be better with no fans in the grounds. Less chance of his precious little ears being offended by people shouting at him when he shirks out of a challenge.

On paper he’ll stroll this level. Shite news about Glass, but Spittal should be a very decent replacement.

As long as Spittal doesn’t do his disappearing act of old (we’ve already got Shea Gordon for that) and shite out of any game which we’re not on top of, which shouldn’t be a problem given that we’re the favourites so should be dominating most games, he should be excellent in this league. Another very good signing.