The Partick Thistle thread

5 hours ago, JagsCG said:

We got put out by Celtic, the following round you got put out by Hibs. Not sure it holds much relevance to any the points made. BSC I’m sure have some decent players for their level, and put a lot of effort in, as players at part-time clubs usually do. However it’s accurate to argue, Hearts were a far bigger test for our players than BSC Glasgow were. We have Hearts, Ayr and then St Mirren, all teams, if you’re being honest above the levels of BSC it has to be said surely. 

No one is denying Hearts are a bigger test. But for your manager to disrespect us the way he did just shows what a classless p***k he is. As for the Scottish Cup remind me who was the team you so convincingly beat 1-0 to set up the Celtic tie? Is Partick Thistle v Celtic any different to East Fife v BSC Glasgow?

6 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

No one is denying Hearts are a bigger test. But for your manager to disrespect us the way he did just shows what a classless p***k he is. As for the Scottish Cup remind me who was the team you so convincingly beat 1-0 to set up the Celtic tie? Is Partick Thistle v Celtic any different to East Fife v BSC Glasgow?

683516D7-DC71-4673-98DB-CD81E26E8DC9.png

34 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

If you have to explain it really isn't. 

I’m looking forward to when Hearts and Ayr fans come back to our thread, because they have the intellectual capacity to understand basic jokes. A proper opposition, you might say.

28 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Is Partick Thistle v Celtic any different to East Fife v BSC Glasgow?

Yes.

Celtic spend more on a transfer fee for their average first team player than the entire turnover of Partick Thistle.

East Fife and BSC are both part-time diddy teams, the only current difference between them being that East Fife are good enough occasionally to embarrass full time clubs like Thistle by scalping them, whereas BSC is a glorified spin-off from a tennis and baseball association for parents who can’t find a babysitter.

45 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

No one is denying Hearts are a bigger test. But for your manager to disrespect us the way he did just shows what a classless p***k he is.

Oh give it a rest mate, it was a flippant comment, and really theres worse things going on just now, than working yourself up over a couple of sentences Ian McCall said about a pre-season friendly against a Lowland League side. 

Edited by JagsCG

45 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

As for the Scottish Cup remind me who was the team you so convincingly beat 1-0 to set up the Celtic tie? 

We beat Penicuik Athletic, non-convincingly 1-0 almost a year ago in the Scottish Cup match your refer too, absolutely no relevance to the points made, about a friendly,  but since you asked. 

I’m looking forward to when Hearts and Ayr fans come back to our thread, because they have the intellectual capacity to understand basic jokes. A proper opposition, you might say.

Thanks for this, really appreciate it.

Saw the McCall interview on Twitter and had a wee smile at how easy it was for him to generate such a reaction. The man did it a hundred times when he was with us and was doing it for years before. Amazed that people still get reeled in.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Thanks for this, really appreciate it.

Saw the McCall interview on Twitter and had a wee smile at how easy it was for him to generate such a reaction. The man did it a hundred times when he was with us and was doing it for years before. Amazed that people still get reeled in.

I didn’t mean it, piss off back to your marginally less shit division please.

I didn’t mean it, piss off back to your marginally less shit division please.

Trying to stir up a rivalry ahead of our clash next week I see.

Will be interesting to see how we cope with the drop in quality of opposition after playing Falkirk yesterday.