The Partick Thistle thread

19 hours ago, dave.j said:

Please keep giving us money. Just hand over everything you've got. Look, you can buy a cardboard cutout of a face no one will ever see, because we are in the fucking pits of Scottish football and you need to pay for us to buy our way out it. 

So what are your ideas for raising money for Thistle?

44 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Just heard Jobbys interview after the Hearts game and instantly pressume he is back on the prop?

Haven’t you actually got better things to do than watch our manager’s interviews and talk nonsense on the thread (leave the latter, for the rest of us)! 

Haven’t you actually got better things to do than watch our manager’s interviews and talk nonsense on the thread (leave the latter, for the rest of us)! 

To be fair, i saw it by virtue of it showing up on my twitter timeline. Came across rather arrogant.

13 minutes ago, Aufc said:

To be fair, i saw it by virtue of it showing up on my twitter timeline. Came across rather arrogant.

Yeah I did see it too, i get why it seems arrogant, and if someone said it about Thistle I’d be annoyed too, but I also get what Ian McCall meant, I think some people on twitter just take things too far, he’s quite clearly saying he didn’t think BSC were as good a test for the boys as Hearts, and the Hearts game was our first proper test, because Hearts and our next friendly, Ayr, are both above us in the SPFL, of course I’ve explained what I think he meant, way better than McCall did, but I seriously doubt he set out in that interview to be disrespectful to anyone, he’s been around long enough to know how good non-SPFL teams can be. A lot of people, who don’t particularly like Ian anyway (for various reasons) have jumped on it, including the BSC Glasgow manager, who apparently got sent off (yes - in a friendly) last week, so something’s already went on there I assume. 

He said that a squad game between our players and the BSC game didn’t really count and today was the main test, I suppose he’s right, what did we learn last  Saturday?, they aren’t going to be at the same level of the teams we will play this season. 

Aye he maybe seems like a bellend at times but it’s about time we became arseholes and were hated, we’ve been too nicey nicey and look where it’s got us, I hope McCall has a massive jobby on his shoulder after last season and is using this as motivation to the players.

I noticed Stephen Swift replied to the Thistle twitter post of IM’s interview with just the word ‘arrogance’, I wonder if they had a few words at full time and this is why IM is sort of dissing the game to get it up him? I think he played under him at QOTS aswell. On McCalls wiki it has the teams he has played for and the apps, it has been changed to 69 then 420 consecutively for each team, even though he has only been at a club for one season! is there a reason behind that?https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_McCall_(footballer)

4 minutes ago, costa said:

I noticed Stephen Swift replied to the Thistle twitter post of IM’s interview with just the word ‘arrogance’, I wonder if they had a few words at full time and this is why IM is sort of dissing the game to get it up him? I think he played under him at QOTS aswell. On McCalls wiki it has the teams he has played for and the apps, it has been changed to 69 then 420 consecutively for each team, even though he has only been at a club for one season! is there a reason behind that?https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_McCall_(footballer)

Probably just someone switching them for a stupid reason, McCall never made too many appearances at any one club, by his own admission he under achieved as a footballer. Someone will switch his wiki page back at some point. I suppose the factual accuracy of Ian McCall’s Wikipedia page is not high up on their list of priorities. 

Stephen Swfift apparently got sent off, in the friendly at full time last week, according to JagZone, so could have been something there as to why he was already annoyed with Ian. I have no issue with BSC they helped us out with a friendly but not really sure their manager should be getting involved in something of nothing with another team’s manager on social media, not entirely professional. 

Yeah I did see it too, i get why it seems arrogant, and if someone said it about Thistle I’d be annoyed too, but I also get what Ian McCall meant, I think some people on twitter just take things too far, he’s quite clearly saying he didn’t think BSC were as good a test for the boys as Hearts, and the Hearts game was our first proper test, because Hearts and our next friendly, Ayr, are both above us in the SPFL, of course I’ve explained what I think he meant, way better than McCall did, but I seriously doubt he set out in that interview to be disrespectful to anyone, he’s been around long enough to know how good non-SPFL teams can be. A lot of people, who don’t particularly like Ian anyway (for various reasons) have jumped on it, including the BSC Glasgow manager, who apparently got sent off (yes - in a friendly) last week, so something’s already went on there I assume. 

I doubt robbie neilson would be so dismissive of the game against you guys despite the fact you are below them league wise. As an airdrie fan, i like him for obvious reasons but bsc were decent enough to play thistle. Obviously not as good as hearts but its still 90 mins of match fitness which wont have done your team any harm.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:
MCCall and Neilson used to get Jizd together

Couldn't find any results for "McCall and Neilson bukkake party" anywhere. Gutted.

You need to search for Two Jobbies, One Shoe!

3 hours ago, costa said:

Just checked and its still there, i would guess changing apps to 69 and 420 is a teenagers idea of hilarity. Or a footballer/manager.

At the risk of getting whooshed or sounding old and out of touch like Principal Skinner, 69 is, ah, a fairly famous sexual position. 420 is a drug reference to weed. #420yoloswagblazeit.

Almost certainly a footballers idea of wit there,yeah.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely