The Partick Thistle thread

48 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Glass plays (I think) in Shea Gordon’s type of position. Potentially a midfield 3 of Banzo, Doc, and Glass. Always prefer Gordon coming off the bench anyway. 
If it’s a 4-4-2 we play, it’ll be difficult to get all 3 of those midfielders in the team, unless Glass can play wide, but then you’ve got Lyons and Murray as wide options too. A lot of good options in the squad.

Sneddon

Foster - Brownlie - O'Ware - Penrice

Docherty - Bannigan

Murray - Glass - Lyons

Graham

Wright, Williamson, McKenna, Sena, Gordon, Kouider-Aïssa, Rudden.

Breen, Cardle.

I would say that probably looks like our strongest team. 

I think we've now got a squad where we can comfortably play different formations with certain players to come in when we're playing 3 at the back and certain players suited to playing 4 at the back with wide players further forward.

Makes a change from going a player or two down and having to play Shea Gordon at right back.

6 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I think we've now got a squad where we can comfortably play different formations with certain players to come in when we're playing 3 at the back and certain players suited to playing 4 at the back with wide players further forward.

Makes a change from going a player or two down and having to play Shea Gordon at right back.

Still lack a decent left back.

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

So was Mayo any good in the games he got with you?  Or just another part of the never ending pile of shite you’ve been signing for years?

Was pretty good, only played a few games due to injury, but liked the look of him. Interesting to see how he does, in a longer-run at that level, highly rated at Rangers academy too I believe.

47 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

So was Mayo any good in the games he got with you?  Or just another part of the never ending pile of shite you’ve been signing for years?

Cracking player, in the few games he played for us he was by miles or best CB. Would have liked him at Firhill this season but think our league status ended our chances of that. Definitely an upgrade on Ashcroft IMO.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

He was an impressive player in the little we saw of him, played in our final 3 games, all of which were draws. Received motm on his professional debut, has a good build for a centre back so I think he will be a solid addition for you.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Sneddon

Foster - Brownlie - O'Ware - Penrice

Docherty - Bannigan

Murray - Glass - Lyons

Graham

Wright, Williamson, McKenna, Sena, Gordon, Kouider-Aïssa, Rudden.

Breen, Cardle.

I would say that probably looks like our strongest team. 

Like the look of that XI, although think McCall will be trying to have a Rudden-Graham partnership, as oppose to 1 up top. Particularly like the look of the midfield-to-front, several attacking players that can play good football, exactly what we'd all like to see.  Realistically recruitment has went pretty well from McCall this season so far, don't see him making too many more signings. 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Still lack a decent left back.

Unless, Penrice can improve, if he gets back to some of the form he had latterly in 2018/19 season, he'll be good enough for League One. Could also see Foster playing at LB, McCall said he played 150 odd games for Aberdeen as a LB. 

I’m glad we’ve used valuable resources on getting another player in the door, rather than continue to waste money on appeasing the gays.

Glass looked very decent against us last season, and by all accounts is highly rated. Very promising.
How much money have we spent on "appeasing the gays"?

6 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The fact that he managed to look decent among the shitheap we had last year suggests you’ve got a decent player on your hands this season.

29 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Please keep giving us money. Just hand over everything you've got. Look, you can buy a cardboard cutout of a face no one will ever see, because we are in the fucking pits of Scottish football and you need to pay for us to buy our way out it. 

4 hours ago, Reid said:

Cam guarantee they’ll put the cutouts in the JHS and you won’t be able to see them on the stream.

Said that last night. 😂

Some nut asked if they could get theirs at the end of the season! 

Why would you want a weather beaten scabby bit of soaking cardboard?