The Partick Thistle thread

6 minutes ago, Wee Norrie said:

Surely the fact that television, acting, hairdressing etc probably has far more than 7% of that quota, why have you a problem with professional football not attracting gay men? I really fail to see why it's important to know about someone's sexual preferences, or have a problem with them keeping it private if they want to.  I don't hear people in the aforementioned traditional gay avenues bleating about heterosexuals being under represented.  

You guys can of course focus on what you want, but I'm glad that my club just seem to focus on mainly football issues (even if they're not very good at it). Personally I would keep politics well away from football, but everyone to his own. 

Fucking hell. The problem isn’t professional football not attracting gay men, it’s the gay men in professional football don’t feel able to be open about who they are.

I have absolutely no doubt that if a player came out tomorrow, there’d be fans at every club in Scotland who would use that against them. That is also a problem.

”It’s fine though because the gays have hairdressing and that” 

19 minutes ago, Wee Norrie said:

You guys can of course focus on what you want, but I'm glad that my club just seem to focus on mainly football issues (even if they're not very good at it). Personally I would keep politics well away from football, but everyone to his own. 

Being an LGBT+ friendly club, has nothing to do with politics, it’s not a political issue. 

34 minutes ago, Wee Norrie said:

Surely the fact that television, acting, hairdressing etc probably has far more than 7% of that quota, why have you a problem with professional football not attracting gay men? I really fail to see why it's important to know about someone's sexual preferences, or have a problem with them keeping it private if they want to.  I don't hear people in the aforementioned traditional gay avenues bleating about heterosexuals being under represented.  

Oh Norrie, you really don't know what you're talking about do you?

1 hour ago, Wee Norrie said:

Ask yourself why footballers might be more likely to "keep it private" than (a) women in football (b) men in other male-dominated and macho sports (c) men in other sports generally and (d) men in other walks of life.

Almost every single gay or bisexual man in professional football on the planet isn't open about it. If you can't see why that's a completely different issue than whether one in ten rather than one in twelve hairdressers is gay, then I'm afraid I really can't help your homophobia.

Glass seems another good addition. Played extremely well against us at Firhill last season, good stats for his spell at Cove in League 2 as well. Would say that our squad must be almost done, which is good. Fairly happy with it, quietly optimistic. 

14 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He is tremendous, can't speak highly enough off him. He can goes past people at will and will get many goals and assists. I was hoping he would rejoin us on loan. Major coup for Thistle if true. 

From the Cove thread on Declan Glass... Sounds too good to be true and also what we've been missing for a few seasons now. 

3 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

Agree but I thought on paper we had a good squad last year .we are the team everyone will want to beat so a good start is a must.who do you think will drop out if glass starts

Glass plays (I think) in Shea Gordon’s type of position. Potentially a midfield 3 of Banzo, Doc, and Glass. Always prefer Gordon coming off the bench anyway. 
If it’s a 4-4-2 we play, it’ll be difficult to get all 3 of those midfielders in the team, unless Glass can play wide, but then you’ve got Lyons and Murray as wide options too. A lot of good options in the squad.

Edited by JagsCG