The Partick Thistle thread

Watched  the game from the canal bank when I was leaving noticed some well Kent thistle supporters leaving the ground  they may be on the working group but under protocol they shouldn’t be there .breaking the rules not a good look

What is the protocol. I have watched sportscene highlights a couple of times. It looks to me as if there are people there out with the subs and coaching staff ?

Nice to see that the much trumpeted "look how brilliant and futuristic we are" AI solution has turned out - in our case at least - to be utterly guff.  The BBC article made it sound amazing, but we should've known.  

Although putting in an AI that tries to detect play at a game at Firhill was always going to have a bit of a task on its hands. Surprised it didn't just self-terminate with its thumb up as it headed into the canal.

And so ended the longest close-season (193 days) in Thistle's history. To celebrate, we've got a brand new page in the club records section looking at all of our fixture gap & season length records.

Our hub for the BSC match is now in place, featuring ten Scots in the staring line-up. When was the last time we had the full eleven? Check the Stats Watch tab! Note, we're missing the names of Saturday's assistant refs if anyone has them?

We have NINE new Jags taking their permanent place in the Archive's A-Z; Richard Foster, Ciaran McKenna, Rhys Breen, Blair Lyons, Salim Kouider-Aissa, Charlie Reilly, Kieran Wright, Conor Murray & Ross Docherty. Conor Murray follows Brian Graham in the scoring debutants club.

1 hour ago, Jollyjag said:

How do you think thistle will line up against hearts will there be many changes.think saturdays line will give  us a clue how  his formation will be for the start of the season. 

I think we'll go 3/5 at the back, probably with a bit more a defensive mindset given the attacking quality in abundance Hearts have. Hopefully though we still keep a strong attacking intent ourselves, I don't mind coming out and playing in a friendly, even if it means shipping a few goals. It'll be interesting to see which defenders McCall chooses to go with, and how they deal with Hearts. 

1 hour ago, Jollyjag said:

Disappointed to hear zak rudden is injured again

Agree, but I'd rather he's injured now than potentially mid-season, he should manage to recover in time for the Betfred Cup matches starting. 

18 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

How do you think thistle will line up against hearts will there be many changes.think saturdays line will give  us a clue how  his formation will be for the start of the season. Disappointed to hear zak rudden is injured again

Sneddon/Wright, Foster, Brownlie, O'Ware, Penrice, Cardle, Docherty, Bannigan, Lyons, Kouider-Aissa/Murray, Graham.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

22 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Liquidate us.

After today’s announcement from Bojo, with probably worse to come from the FM, you might not be far off the mark.  With the likelihood now of no fans at games at all this season I can’t see how a lot of teams are going to survive this!

It’s been a miserable 3 years. 2 relegations and another near-miss. A revolving door of jobbers and wasters disgracing the red & yellow on the pitch. An egomaniac with a cult following slithering her way into full control of the club.

But that is the worst thing that’s happened to Partick Thistle in the 21st century.

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

After today’s announcement from Bojo, with probably worse to come from the FM, you might not be far off the mark.  With the likelihood now of no fans at games at all this season I can’t see how a lot of teams are going to survive this!

Clubs knew when they voted to start season in October.... 

_20200922_134014.JPG

On 20/09/2020 at 20:45, forameus said:

Nice to see that the much trumpeted "look how brilliant and futuristic we are" AI solution has turned out - in our case at least - to be utterly guff.  The BBC article made it sound amazing, but we should've known.  

Although putting in an AI that tries to detect play at a game at Firhill was always going to have a bit of a task on its hands. Surprised it didn't just self-terminate with its thumb up as it heade