The Partick Thistle thread

On a lighter note, it would appear the goodwill of the Cult is starting to run out. As season ticket refunds need to be requested by fans to the club, for over charging in a reduced season instead of being automatically returned. Folk are starting to realise this mob of charlatans are taking the piss at every opportunity. 

37 minutes ago, dave.j said:

On a lighter note, it would appear the goodwill of the Cult is starting to run out. As season ticket refunds need to be requested by fans to the club, for over charging in a reduced season instead of being automatically returned. Folk are starting to realise this mob of charlatans are taking the piss at every opportunity. 

It would have been the right thing to offer  a refund ,I will not be asking for one but it annoys me that I have been put in this position by the board .

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

So you are shamed into groveling for your own money back. They should have said we will by default return the overspend to all unless you contact to say you don’t want it.

They weren’t answering phones today either

6 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

A few of us Jags fans (myself William Sheridan, Jack Little, Stuart Deans & Niall MacTaggart) have been working on a new website - The Thistle Archive - which is basically a unique and accurate online encyclopedia of Partick Thistle stats and stories, 1876 to date. Even though it's still in its infancy, the site launches today with almost 7,000 pages in place.

Have a look around and see what you think. (What random player did you get?)

http://www.thethistlearchive.net/

We're looking to spread the word (I see WAT's down this morning - typical), so any help to do that on social media would be appreciated. We're on Twitter, but are currently tweeting to no-one. (Who will be our first follower?)

https://twitter.com/thistlearchive

You can communicate any site-related discussion here on P&B via this profile and we'll make a few posts here over the forthcoming days to show you around. Hopefully it'll be something we can all enjoy using.

'mon the Jags!

the-thistle-archive.jpg

As a stats geek I found this fantastic stuff. Love it. Brilliant site.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Do you mean for 20/21 season you need to pay full price and then ask for a refund ?

Folk who bought their season ticket back in march(?) For 20/21 did so to support the club through difficult times. 

They bought a full fixture list ticket. Now that it's a reduced season they grossly overpaid, all in good faith, to support the club.

The club have now told them rather than refund the difference they overpaid, compared to the updated ST price.... They must request their refund manually, through the club.

2 hours ago, thenolly said:

So you are shamed into groveling for your own money back. They should have said we will by default return the overspend to all unless you contact to say you don’t want it.

Exactly this.

It's a shite way to treat the supporters who gave their money to help the club through a difficult summer. 

Surely the club have some sort of legal duty* to automatically give that money back if it was advertised as a full season but it is now only 3/4 a season?

Whether it is the truth or not, it certainly looks like the club is banking (literally) on the fans not wanting to take the money they are owed out of the club. That is hardly great from a PR perspective.

*not legally minded in the slightest but if it doesn't come under some mild fraud type duty, then the money should be automatically paid from a moral point of view.

8 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

A few of us Jags fans (myself William Sheridan, Jack Little, Stuart Deans & Niall MacTaggart) have been working on a new website - The Thistle Archive - which is basically a unique and accurate online encyclopedia of Partick Thistle stats and stories, 1876 to date. Even though it's still in its infancy, the site launches today with almost 7,000 pages in place.

Have a look around and see what you think. (What random player did you get?)

http://www.thethistlearchive.net/

We're looking to spread the word (I see WAT's down this morning - typical), so any help to do that on social media would be appreciated. We're on Twitter, but are currently tweeting to no-one. (Who will be our first follower?)

https://twitter.com/thistlearchive

You can communicate any site-related discussion here on P&B via this profile and we'll make a few posts here over the forthcoming days to show you around. Hopefully it'll be something we can all enjoy using.

'mon the Jags!

the-thistle-archive.jpg

This is brilliant. Well done to those involved 

55 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Exactly this.

It's a shite way to treat the supporters who gave their money to help the club through a difficult summer. 

Surely the club have some sort of legal duty* to automatically give that money back if it was advertised as a full season but it is now only 3/4 a season?

Whether it is the truth or not, it certainly looks like the club is banking (literally) on the fans not wanting to take the money they are owed out of the club. That is hardly great from a PR perspective.

*not legally minded in the slightest but if it doesn't come under some mild fraud type duty, then the money should be automatically paid from a moral point of view.

I love how they are giving you the chance to Top Up your reduced season ticket, if you buy it today, but want to may 300 odd quid.

Give them their due, they've got done brass neck on them.

Heard P&B was a tough crowd, so it's been a relief to get the general thumbs up. Despite our all-expenses spared "marketing campaign" we've had over 200 unique visitors to the Archive on day one so far; that's all down to Pie Power!

6 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Looked at the Thistle Archive and it's great, even though the random player I got (twice) was Jamie Barjonas. Excellent effort to those involved.

Ha, yes. The randomizer only regenerates every 60 secs which is a bit rubbish. The module is hard-coded beyond our amateur skills or we'd get that changed pronto : - /

7 hours ago, thistledo said:

Brilliant. Weirdly I'm always looking for random Thistle stats or facts out of interest and usually have trouble verifying them, so this is right up my street. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

As a stats geek I found this fantastic stuff. Love it. Brilliant site.

Keep your eyes on the H2H records page each pre-match (see below) e.g.: Can we go where no Jags team has gone before i.e. 6 competitive unbeaten away to St Mirren?

http://www.thethistlearchive.net/versus-st-mirren

Folk who bought their season ticket back in march(?) For 20/21 did so to support the club through difficult times. 
They bought a full fixture list ticket. Now that it's a reduced season they grossly overpaid, all in good faith, to support the club.
The club have now told them rather than refund the difference they overpaid, compared to the updated ST price.... They must request their refund manually, through the club.

Ah ok - nephew renewed today and only paid the reduced amount

Anyone know anything about this?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54062392
See that we are named as one of the clubs using the live streaming service, but know nothing other than whats in that article.

I think part of the ST deal is that streamed matches will be available if fans not allowed in. Not sure if it was through this, though.

3 hours ago, dave.j said:

I love how they are giving you the chance to Top Up your reduced season ticket, if you buy it today, but want to may 300 odd quid.

Give them their due, they've got done brass neck on them.

We’re obviously skint regardless what spin the cult try and put on it. 

Edited by thenolly

21 hours ago, thenolly said:

I paid half of my ST at the time called the office yesterday and got answered straight away and was able to pay the balance. No mention of whether i wanted to pay the additional amount to charity or not. 

2 minutes ago, jaggymct said:

I paid half of my ST at the time called the office yesterday and got answered straight away and was able to pay the balance. No mention of whether i wanted to pay the additional amount to charity or not. 

The Top Up they are suggesting is £85

25% to the Partick Thistle charitable trust, so it's not going directly to a charity.

2 minutes ago, dave.j said:

The Top Up they are suggesting is £85

25% to the Partick Thistle charitable trust, so it's not going directly to a charity.

From the website:  https://ptct.org.uk/about-us/ page

Partick Thistle Charitable Trust

Works as an independent charity established in July 2011 to use the Partick Thistle name to engage, support and empower our communities through the promotion of health and well-being, football, education, citizenship and inclusion, primarily within our local community.

Partick Thistle Charitable Trust is a charity (SC042480) registered in Scotland

... So it is a charity

8 minutes ago, jaggymct said:

From the website:  https://ptct.org.uk/about-us/ page

Partick Thistle Charitable Trust

Works as an independent charity established in July 2011 to use the Partick Thistle name to engage, support and empower our communities through the promotion of health and well-being, football, education, citizenship and inclusion, primarily within our local community.

Partick Thistle Charitable Trust is a charity (SC042480) registered in Scotland

... So it is a charity

Oh hello Mr Pedantic 😂