The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

ARE expectations high at Firhill right now?  Genuine question.  From the outside looking in, you clearly have the same boardroom disconnect from the fans we've had for the past few years. Its been horrendous for us.  We may be finally heading in a more positive direction, (albeit still plenty issues to be resolved off the field as well as on) but tbh a bit of turmoil down your way would do us no harm at all.  

Our boardroom is horrific, our CEO is hopeless and our manager is a failure. Our squad doesn't look too great.

7 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Our boardroom is horrific, our CEO is hopeless and our manager is a failure. Our squad doesn't look too great.

That's a fair bit of turmoil, tbf!  Sounds eerily familiar to our recent past. 

But will remain cautiously sceptical that your squad won't be up for the fight, irrespective of Dame Jacqui's chaotic reign. Time will tell. 

3 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

ARE expectations high at Firhill right now?  Genuine question.  From the outside looking in, you clearly have the same boardroom disconnect from the fans we've had for the past few years. Its been horrendous for us.  We may be finally heading in a more positive direction, (albeit still plenty issues to be resolved off the field as well as on) but tbh a bit of turmoil down your way would do us no harm at all.  

I can't shake my almost ingrained at this point pessimism; I'll only start feeling any sense of positive direction with Thistle if we go the first few games without, say, contriving to concede laughably terrible goals from set pieces (often multiple times in the one game *flashbacks to Morton game intensifying*)

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

4 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

That's a fair bit of turmoil, tbf!  Sounds eerily familiar to our recent past. 

But will remain cautiously sceptical that your squad won't be up for the fight, irrespective of Dame Jacqui's chaotic reign. Time will tell. 

Manager - vastly experienced and competent.

Squad - should be comfortably good enough to challenge for the title.

Chairman - clown. 

We have had a revolving door for years now regarding players coming and going as I said before the club needs stability now more than ever  I have supported the club for over 50 years and have never known so much hatred  towards a board .i am certainly not a miss low  fan  and I get the impression that some people are hoping that thistle fail to say I told you so let’s get behind the team  now more than  ever .yes expectations are high we have a good manager and on paper a good squad the only way is up.

2 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

we have a good manager and on paper a good squad the only way is up.

Or you could go down again for the third time in four seasons instead: indeed your club has been giving it all that drivel throughout your banter years plunge. 

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

We have had a revolving door for years now regarding players coming and going as I said before the club needs stability now more than ever  I have supported the club for over 50 years and have never known so much hatred  towards a board .i am certainly not a miss low  fan  and I get the impression that some people are hoping that thistle fail to say I told you so let’s get behind the team  now more than  ever .yes expectations are high we have a good manager and on paper a good squad the only way is up.

Really? Were you there during the Cowan/Hughes era? If you think this is the worst you've seen in 50 years I'd say you're rewriting history. 

I don't think any fan wants Thistle to fail. Especially, just so they can say I told you so.

For three years the mantra has been repeated ad nauseum. The team need us more than ever.... Two points. They had us more than ever for three years and let the fans down. Secondly, if they need us that badly, they are fucked during a reduced capacity socially distanced season. How can they possibly compete without us?

Of course expectations are high. People still don't seem to get it. We are in the fucking third tier of Scottish football playing teams in towns that don't even have a train station!

21 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Expectations are high.

Majority of our fan base I’d say is expecting us to win the league, we likely have the biggest budget, a manager who has done it before and we were a team who was in the top 6 of the Premiership in 2017. We should be winning this league. 
That all said of course guarantees us nothing and it would be foolish to think we will walk the league, it is going to be tight. Yes there is a disconnect between the boardroom and a lot of fans but talking on the pitch alone most expectations are high which they should be given the reasons I’ve stated.

Edited by R&Y99

On 05/09/2020 at 15:52, Dennistoun Bairn said:

ARE expectations high at Firhill right now?  Genuine question. 

Yes - the day expectations aren’t high, is the day the club ceases to exist. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing. Yes, expectations are high, (The same at Falkirk I’d imagine) but that doesn’t mean we’ll win anything. We can be hopeful though. 

28 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Yes - the day expectations aren’t high, is the day the club ceases to exist. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing. Yes, expectations are high, (The same at Falkirk I’d imagine) but that doesn’t mean we’ll win anything. We can be hopeful though. 

I expect us to be in a battle for top spot. If we aren't, we should just close down.

Then again, I expected McCall to be able to get one win in 2020 with his own signings. We didn't, and because of that, we are where we are.

A few of us Jags fans (myself William Sheridan, Jack Little, Stuart Deans & Niall MacTaggart) have been working on a new website - The Thistle Archive - which is basically a unique and accurate online encyclopedia of Partick Thistle stats and stories, 1876 to date. Even though it's still in its infancy, the site launches today with almost 7,000 pages in place.

Have a look around and see what you think. (What random player did you get?)

http://www.thethistlearchive.net/

We're looking to spread the word (I see WAT's down this morning - typical), so any help to do that on social media would be appreciated. We're on Twitter, but are currently tweeting to no-one. (Who will be our first follower?)

https://twitter.com/thistlearchive

You can communicate any site-related discussion here on P&B via this profile and we'll make a few posts here over the forthcoming days to show you around. Hopefully it'll be something we can all enjoy using.

'mon the Jags!

the-thistle-archive.jpg

On 05/09/2020 at 15:52, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Hope is high; expectations not so, but might improve if a ball is actually kicked in about three weeks. ⚽

1 hour ago, The Thistle Archive said:

A few of us Jags fans (myself William Sheridan, Jack Little, Stuart Deans & Niall MacTaggart) have been working on a new website - The Thistle Archive - which is basically a unique and accurate online encyclopedia of Partick Thistle stats and stories, 1876 to date. Even though it's still in its infancy, the site launches today with almost 7,000 pages in place.

Have a look around and see what you think. (What random player did you get?)

http://www.thethistlearchive.net/

We're looking to spread the word (I see WAT's down this morning - typical), so any help to do that on social media would be appreciated. We're on Twitter, but are currently tweeting to no-one. (Who will be our first follower?)

https://twitter.com/thistlearchive

You can communicate any site-related discussion here on P&B via this profile and we'll make a few posts here over the forthcoming days to show you around. Hopefully it'll be something we can all enjoy using.

'mon the Jags!

the-thistle-archive.jpg

Brilliant. Weirdly I'm always looking for random Thistle stats or facts out of interest and usually have trouble verifying them, so this is right up my street. Thanks. 

Edited by thistledo

On 18/08/2020 at 00:49, dave.j said:

@jagfox BLM were you involved in the Partick Thistle Family Club Merch?

How has it come about that the Club's Official merchandiser are using that "brand" to sell t-shirts etc? 

Not been on for a couple of weeks and have just seen this post. Hopefully I can clear this up.

When the club began using the name 'Partick Thistle Family Club' they put the new club badge into the public domain. I was in the process of designing a t shirt for fundraising purposes so used the club badge. After a few weeks, when the club itself started to drop the family image in its marketing, I decided it was time for a change. However, the original 'Football Club' badge is not in the public domain so I am not allowed to use it.

redyellow.org is a fan-run fundraising site. It offers a wide range of Thistle related clothing. There are many ways to contribute money to the club. I wanted to set this up as a two-way street. The club gets money and the customer gets a good product. A win-win situation. If you haven't, please have a look.

Phil

22 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

Not been on for a couple of weeks and have just seen this post. Hopefully I can clear this up.

When the club began using the name 'Partick Thistle Family Club' they put the new club badge into the public domain. I was in the process of designing a t shirt for fundraising purposes so used the club badge. After a few weeks, when the club itself started to drop the family image in its marketing, I decided it was time for a change. However, the original 'Football Club' badge is not in the public domain so I am not allowed to use it.

redyellow.org is a fan-run fundraising site. It offers a wide range of Thistle related clothing. There are many ways to contribute money to the club. I wanted to set this up as a two-way street. The club gets money and the customer gets a good product. A win-win situation. If you haven't, please have a look.

Phil

Thanks Phil. I know there was a few items not just a t-shirt with the Family Club Brand, as my mate has them.

They way it appeared was that the club had given you permission to use Family Club in merch in the basis that they were receiving funds. 

When the family club brand then appeared on official merch it looked like Greaves had seen an opportunity to hitch a ride on your good work, for their own gain.

Incidentally. I had a look and whilst I can't fault your effort and passion in helping the club, I find the suggestion of Covid & 19 as a name & number on the back of a jersey and one of the most bizarre and frankly tasteless things I've seen in red & yellow. And I watched Sean Kilgannon!