The Partick Thistle thread

Colin Weir wanted to own a football club, but without being the figure to which fans directed their ire if/when things weren’t going well, hence Jacqui Low’s involvement. It’s always been made out that this was a lifelong Thistle fan pledging his wealth into his boyhood club out of the goodness of his own heart, but the longer it’s rumbled on, the more it’s become apparent that this was never the case. His legacy will plague the club for years to come.

56 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

This is going to be a big year for the club expectations are high so let’s focus for the moment what is done on the park time will tell if we have the right mix on the board but hopefully  we have the right mix on the park

I think 8ts obvious what kind of board we have with J Low at the helm. And Britton there as well. Dreadful. 

4 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

This is going to be a big year for the club expectations are high so let’s focus for the moment what is done on the park time will tell if we have the right mix on the board but hopefully  we have the right mix on the park

Ah, let's move on. No point dwelling... That's all in the past, mantra. 

5 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

image.gif.4a8a80d46783c45d25a51908dbc13f40.gif

Edited by Ad Lib

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/season-tickets-back-on-sale-from-monday/

season ticket info released.

I'm tempted at the price for a renewal but I'd rather just get a home live streaming pass if that's a similarly priced option, didn't see that as a guarantee just that you can pro rata a partial refund if you can't get to Firhill due to guidelines. I only go on my lonesome so would feel a bit shite if the distancing requirements at Firhill meant I'd done a household out of a ticket.

4 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Chairman Low is our Whyte/Ashley/Oyston. Sadly, too many of our fans have fallen for her shite and the rest are numbed with apathy.

At least those guys shafted their clubs and made money out it.

Low seems to shaft us just to increase her twitter following.

Some of our signings in the last3 seasons just haven’t cut it here’s hoping we have the right balance this season both physical and mentally prepared to start climbing the leagues again  I think the jury’s still out regarding miss low, time will tell meantime let’s just concentrate on firs team matters

27 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

Some of our signings in the last3 seasons just haven’t cut it here’s hoping we have the right balance this season both physical and mentally prepared to start climbing the leagues again  I think the jury’s still out regarding miss low, time will tell meantime let’s just concentrate on firs team matters

Goodness! The jury is still out? Her record says otherwise. If we ignore what she's doing we wont have a first team to concentrate on.

2 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

Why should we just concentrate on first team matters? 

There's a "fan ownership" change supposedly going through that merits scrutiny and you're telling folk, don't look over there at that, look over here, at the first team, where there's nothing happening. 

13 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/season-tickets-back-on-sale-from-monday/

season ticket info released.

I'm tempted at the price for a renewal but I'd rather just get a home live streaming pass if that's a similarly priced option, didn't see that as a guarantee just that you can pro rata a partial refund if you can't get to Firhill due to guidelines. I only go on my lonesome so would feel a bit shite if the distancing requirements at Firhill meant I'd done a household out of a ticket.

I have absolutely no interest in setting foot in Firhill whilst our current Board are in charge. Every penny they get, is a pat on the back for them. It's a message of support that everything is great.

2 hours ago, dave.j said:

I have absolutely no interest in setting foot in Firhill whilst our current Board are in charge. Every penny they get, is a pat on the back for them. It's a message of support that everything is great.

Made my weekend thank you dave.j

On 03/09/2020 at 17:09, Jollyjag said:

ARE expectations high at Firhill right now?  Genuine question.  From the outside looking in, you clearly have the same boardroom disconnect from the fans we've had for the past few years. Its been horrendous for us.  We may be finally heading in a more positive direction, (albeit still plenty issues to be resolved off the field as well as on) but tbh a bit of turmoil down your way would do us no harm at all.