The Partick Thistle thread

5 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

DR Doom strikes again... what fckn difference does it make unless all you want to do is continue to peddle negativity about the club???

For accuracy the fans have raised more than £185k out-with ST sales.

The fans have raised £185k out with season ticket sales? 

£52k go fund me

£2k clothing

£130k in half time draw tickets???

7 hours ago, dave.j said:

£52k go fund me

£2k clothing

That’s about 15000 tickets a week (as it’s split 50/50) most supporters must be buying over a fivers worth  each every week

On 21/08/2020 at 16:36, Marshmallo said:

Never mind the fact he sued the university, won, and then donated the settlement to a foundation.

I quite liked him at Falkirk, good with the ball and a big guy but he is prone to lapses in concentration. I'd take him ahead of both Hall and Durnan.

The right player at the wrong time, him and Dixon were a decent pairing until Dixon went to left back and McKenna and Edge were at the back.

Never mind the Morton gif this ones much better at Alloa 

43D5C0C4-D467-4D21-96A5-63DAC7EF0B0E.gif

11 hours ago, thenolly said:

That’s about 15000 tickets a week (as it’s split 50/50) most supporters must be buying over a fivers worth  each every week

Which is obviously not correct as you'll be lucky if the prize is ever more than a couple of hundred quid.

So, Vinny, where did this money come from, you are claiming the fans donated?

Did forfar ever receive their actual for morgan btw..

Appreicate it was a tough time and buying a player from a fellow team in relegation battle knowing fine well you were in deep waters probably wasnt intential...

If your too young to know ask yer da please, ever so keen to find out cause your normal media streams & love for glasgow cuddly toy seemed to miss this story[emoji106]

6 hours ago, dave.j said:

Which is obviously not correct as you'll be lucky if the prize is ever more than a couple of hundred quid.

So, Vinny, where did this money come from, you are claiming the fans donated?

Maximum was £580, and is down to around £300 now. So even at £450 a week to club that only a fraction of what @Vinnyjag stated. I’ve been told it includes 50/50, CF and Season Tickets  

On 21/08/2020 at 18:22, Jacky1990 said:

So you'll write off a young player because of one accusation without any evidence of wrongdoing?

The courts decided he didnt have a case to answer. Unless there is some evidence to suggest otherwise, that should be the end of it.

The guy should be able to get on with his life without people going all pseudo morally outraged every time he signs for a new club.

Falkirk and Hamilton fans certainly never had any issues with the whole thing especially when you read the full story. He's certainly not david goodwillie.

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Did forfar ever receive their actual for morgan btw..

Appreicate it was a tough time and buying a player from a fellow team in relegation battle knowing fine well you were in deep waters probably wasnt intential...

If your too young to know ask yer da please, ever so keen to find out cause your normal media streams & love for glasgow cuddly toy seemed to miss this storyemoji106.png

They did eventually get their payment for Morgan which they kindly let us pay over a number of instalments over a period of time.  If Forfar had not kindly let us do that then we would really have been in deep deep trouble

bit of a strange thing to bring up now though considering your not a Forfar fan, maybe the equivalent of a Montrose fan asking what would Clyde have done when the were kicked out of shawfield and another team had not let them use their stadium But I do appreciate that was a year ago and fans of the cuddly ship might not remember it 👍

Edited by third lanark

38 minutes ago, thenolly said:

Maximum was £580, and is down to around £300 now. So even at £450 a week to club that only a fraction of what @Vinnyjag stated. I’ve been told it includes 50/50, CF and Season Tickets  

Cheers. My original point stands. 

On 22/08/2020 at 14:32, dave.j said:

£52k go fund me

£2k clothing

Thats well impressive. I thought we were doing well with raising between 1200 and 2500 a week for the club in 50/50 draws. Prize money must be massive.

They did eventually get their payment for Morgan which they kindly let us pay over a number of instalments over a period of time.  If Forfar had not kindly let us do that then we would really have been in deep deep trouble
bit of a strange thing to bring up now though considering your not a Forfar fan, maybe the equivalent of a Montrose fan asking what would Clyde have done when the were kicked out of shawfield and another team had not let them use their stadium But I do appreciate that was a year ago and fans of the cuddly ship might not remember it [emoji106]
Not strange Q. Buying a player from a fellow relegation troubled club knowing fine well you were in trouble should never be forgotten , Wee bit like lining the pockets of your club with a LOT of money each year and our one of grateful agreements was our club shop to be ran from a turnstyle top end o the hill. How lucky we were indeed

18 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:
1 hour ago, third lanark said:
bit of a strange thing to bring up now though considering your not a Forfar fan, maybe the equivalent of a Montrose fan asking what would Clyde have done when the were kicked out of shawfield and another team had not let them use their stadium But I do appreciate that was a year ago and fans of the cuddly ship might not remember it emoji106.png

Not strange Q. Buying a player from a fellow relegation troubled club knowing fine well you were in trouble should never be forgotten , Wee bit like lining the pockets of your club with a LOT of money each year and our one of grateful agreements was our club shop to be ran from a turnstyle top end o the hill. How lucky we were indeed

Where do you think you would have ended up if you hadn't agreed to move to Firhill? No idea what you're talking about re the club shop but I'm pretty sure we didn't even have a club shop at that time. If you want to go down the moral route, weren't you fined a few years ago for, illegally, charging Thistle fans more to get in than your lot? Anyways FTOF.

2 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:
3 hours ago, third lanark said:
bit of a strange thing to bring up now though considering your not a Forfar fan, maybe the equivalent of a Montrose fan asking what would Clyde have done when the were kicked out of shawfield and another team had not let them use their stadium But I do appreciate that was a year ago and fans of the cuddly ship might not remember it emoji106.png

You were very lucky indeed not a single other club offered Clyde use of their ground at that time including those that could afford to such as the old firm.  No one, nada - means Clyde have no ground then they can’t fulfill their fixtures and their out the league ms permanently. So your right your very lucky.  Maybe you should question why the old firm could not have offered to help you out.

Mind that time Clyde got Dundee United in the cup and Clyde used the tv money to sign up a whole lot of players they couldn’t really afford. Game got chance because of the weather and sky were not going to show the game and then were in the situation if not being able to afford these guys wages so they went greeting you Alex Ferguson to persuade SKY to show the game 

mind Clyde went into admin not so long ago paying players they couldn’t afford then ditched them on the scrap heap - yeah that was real nice from the bully wee

but anyway back to the original point it was a very strange question given your not a Forfar fan to bring it up from some time ago, almost thought you had a chip on your shoulder against the jags but then you can’t be given you admitted how lucky you were to have us put you up, when no other club would otherwise you wouldn’t have a team to support now 👍

Edited by third lanark

You were very lucky indeed not a single other club offered Clyde use of their ground at that time including those that could afford to such as the old firm.  No one, nada - means Clyde have no ground then they can’t fulfill their fixtures and their out the league ms permanently. So your right your very lucky.  Maybe you should question why the old firm could not have offered to help you out.
Mind that time Clyde got Dundee United in the cup and Clyde used the tv money to sign up a whole lot of players they couldn’t really afford. Game got chance because of the weather and sky were not going to show the game and then were in the situation if not being able to afford these guys wages so they went greeting you Alex Ferguson to persuade SKY to show the game 
mind Clyde went into admin not so long ago paying players they couldn’t afford then ditched them on the scrap heap - yeah that was real nice from the bully wee
but anyway back to the original point it was a very strange question given your not a Forfar fan to bring it up from some time ago, almost thought you had a chip on your shoulder against the jags but then you can’t be given you admitted how lucky you were to have us put you up, when no other club would otherwise you wouldn’t have a team to support now [emoji106]
Wrong. Celtic offered us parkhead Games on a Sunday

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Wrong. Celtic offered us parkhead Games on a Sunday

My phone is jigged, so apologies if this is the third time I've sent this, but why on earth would the notoriously penny-pinching Celtic board of that era think they could make money out of renting  Parkhead to a crowd of 500 max?

My phone is jigged, so apologies if this is the third time I've sent this, but why on earth would the notoriously penny-pinching Celtic board of that era think they could make money out of renting  Parkhead to a crowd of 500 max?

Sean fallon / John Clark

One director & the other our manager at the time

So, Aiden Fitzpatrick goes on loan to QoS. It feels like he should have been going to a higher standard if he had a chance of delivering on the potential he showed a couple of years ago - bottom end Premier at least. Instead it’s a backward step from when he played for us (albeit only slightly to be fair...)

Maybe £350k will turn out to be a good deal... 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

So, Aiden Fitzpatrick goes on loan to QoS. It feels like he should have been going to a higher standard if he had a chance of delivering on the potential he showed a couple of years ago - bottom end Premier at least. Instead it’s a backward step from when he played for us (albeit only slightly to be fair...)

Maybe £350k will turn out to be a good deal... 🤷‍♂️

Happy to see Aiden sign a season long loan deal at Queens, can you tell me what tye of player to expect? 

Happy to see Aiden sign a season long loan deal at Queens, can you tell me what tye of player to expect? 

Depends how much he’s developed in a year at Norwich, but he was a good raw talent with us. Generally trying to play offensively, happy to carry the ball or pass forward, but occasionally making poor decisions (to be expected when breaking through). Pretty nippy. Good finisher.

Would have loved us to have held onto him for a bit longer - felt at the time that it was another example of us having poor business sense with players, whereas a similar player at Motherwell / Accies etc. would go for a much higher fee. Genuinely surprised he’s ended up back on loan at the same level of football.