The Partick Thistle thread

12 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Happy to see Aiden sign a season long loan deal at Queens, can you tell me what tye of player to expect? 

Good wee player with potential, but one thing that stood out for me was when he played against Hearts in the cup at Firhill.  He'd been looking really good up to then, but for 90 minutes he looked every bit his age, getting absolutely bullied.  Granted, that was against a Hearts side who were set up to bully, and he was alongside 10 shitebags, but hopefully he's built a bit more of a physical presence.  He should do a job at Championship level.

3 minutes ago, forameus said:

Good wee player with potential, but one thing that stood out for me was when he played against Hearts in the cup at Firhill.  He'd been looking really good up to then, but for 90 minutes he looked every bit his age, getting absolutely bullied.  Granted, that was against a Hearts side who were set up to bully, and he was alongside 10 shitebags, but hopefully he's built a bit more of a physical presence.  He should do a job at Championship level.

Ten shitebags? Hahahaha. Not wrong there.

46 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

McCall's Jagzone interview he mentions he's got a keeper pretty much about to sign and reckons we need another centre half, a different type of midfielder to what we've got and another striker.

Interesting he thinks we need another centre back having just signed one and Niang able to cover if needed. Would seem to suggest a 3-5-2.

Mental if we don't sign another wide player either. 

Was surprised about needing another centre-back too. We have 3 and Sena and Penrice can cover there too.

I’m guessing we’ll be looking at a fairly experienced keeper. Wonder if it could be Scully returning.

2 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

So how do you all expect to do this year? Is it worth a punt on you lot?

Stay well clear.

Not even anything against the players or the manager. We SHOULD be fine to finish at least top 2 fighting with Falkirk.

But do not underestimate the board/chairperson's ability to cock this season up somehow.

8 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Stay well clear.

Not even anything against the players or the manager. We SHOULD be fine to finish at least top 2 fighting with Falkirk.

But do not underestimate the board/chairperson's ability to cock this season up somehow.

Yeah, I've got a horrible sinking feeling that we're going to be nearer the bottom than the top. I don't think I'll be able to shake off the sheer pessimism from the last 3+ calendar years of shite served up by Thistle until I'm seeing us consistently defend set pieces properly, win by more than the skin of our teeth etc.

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Yeah, I've got a horrible sinking feeling that we're going to be nearer the bottom than the top. I don't think I'll be able to shake off the sheer pessimism from the last 3+ calendar years of shite served up by Thistle until I'm seeing us consistently defend set pieces properly, win by more than the skin of our teeth etc.

I’m usually as pessimistic as it gets, but this prediction is even beyond my limits. Congrats!

I'm not convinced we're going straight back up, but I'd imagine we'll be in the playoffs at least.  But that's more on a "surely it can't get worse" basis, and probably matches what I felt before the first Championship season. 

Stay well clear.

Substitute Falkirk for Thistle and this could well have been posted on our page.

On 24/08/2020 at 22:22, Mediocre Pundit said:

Depends how much he’s developed in a year at Norwich, but he was a good raw talent with us. Generally trying to play offensively, happy to carry the ball or pass forward, but occasionally making poor decisions (to be expected when breaking through). Pretty nippy. Good finisher.

Would have loved us to have held onto him for a bit longer - felt at the time that it was another example of us having poor business sense with players, whereas a similar player at Motherwell / Accies etc. would go for a much higher fee. Genuinely surprised he’s ended up back on loan at the same level of football.

Had Fitzpatrick played much in your first team by the time he left?

If it's any consolation you got a bit more for him from Norwich than we did for McAlear (reported as £250k) though he only had a year left to run on his existing deal and had all but told the club he didn't intend to sign an extension.

Edited by capt_oats

20 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Had Fitzpatrick played much in your first team by the time he left?

If it's any consolation you got a bit more for him from Norwich than we did for McAlear (reported as £250k) though he only had a year left to run on his existing deal and had all but told the club he didn't intend to sign an extension.

Aye, he'd had a season as a semi-regular first team player. 

From what I recall, the announcement that Fitzpatrick was off made it sound as though his agent had told Thistle to accept the bid because he wanted to go.

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Substitute Falkirk for Thistle and this could well have been posted on our page.

Does your support have some weird Cult who lap up every ounce of shite your Board puts out 

One fan recently told me we should celebrate having a Chairman who is finally open with the fans, whilst defending her use of Private DMs with fans. A fanbase that doesn't get irony!!! 

6 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Does your support have some weird Cult who lap up every ounce of shite your Board puts out 

One fan recently told me we should celebrate having a Chairman who is finally open with the fans, whilst defending her use of Private DMs with fans. A fanbase that doesn't get irony!!! 

Lol. Blindly following over the cliff's edge, while the chairman rides off into the sunset with saddle bags full of loot.