The Partick Thistle thread

14 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Read his Wikipedia page and left assuming this means we're doing away with the "Family Club" patter...

Was looking forward to ripping into David Goodwillie this season, lost that now. 

8 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Jacqui Low, an apparent PR guru who has been at pains to rebrand us as "Partick Thistle Family Club", authorises the signature of someone accused of rape on a college campus. 

What a farce.

He maintained his innocence and the case got thrown out.

If he had been found guilty its a different story of course, but he wasn't.

The Glasgow-born centre-half started out as a youth player with Celtic until he left the Hoops to accept a scholarship with Duke University in North Carolina, completing a degree in Political Science.

and nothing else of note happened at all. Just drop it guys.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

35 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

It never made it to trial based on a legal technicality according to the local news report linked on the wiki site

Never mind the fact he sued the university, won, and then donated the settlement to a foundation.

I quite liked him at Falkirk, good with the ball and a big guy but he is prone to lapses in concentration. I'd take him ahead of both Hall and Durnan.

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Never mind the fact he sued the university, won, and then donated the settlement to a foundation.

I quite liked him at Falkirk, good with the ball and a big guy but he is prone to lapses in concentration. I'd take him ahead of both Hall and Durnan.

I’d tend to agree with McKenna. His inexperience was his biggest downfall for us and he was surrounded in turmoil. I would have been disappointed to sign him purely because we need someone with experience to improve our defence, imo.

Edited by wee_bairn

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Yes, the US legal system is renowned for its fair treatment of rape survivors, particularly when it comes to college sportsmen. 

He was one of the reasons we went down. Shouldve been dropped as he was horrendously out of form.  Shouldve dropped a league after leaving us not gone up one so no surprise he did nothing at hamilton. Might be able to rebuild his career at a lower level though.

1 hour ago, GrahamJags said:

Yes, the US legal system is renowned for its fair treatment of rape survivors, particularly when it comes to college sportsmen. 

So you'll write off a young player because of one accusation without any evidence of wrongdoing?

The courts decided he didnt have a case to answer. Unless there is some evidence to suggest otherwise, that should be the end of it.

The guy should be able to get on with his life without people going all pseudo morally outraged every time he signs for a new club.

Read up on Brian Banks.

That's not a defence of this McKenna guy as I have zero idea about his case and no idea if he's guilty or not (and, frankly, I can't be fucked reading up on it) but it does prove that there can be cases where young sports guys in America can be falsely accused.

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I still have cringe everytime i see McKenna and The Edge colliding against Morton,he is raw but i would not have been upset if he had stayed at Falkirk.We did offer him an 18 month deal when he 1st came to Falkirk but his agent who i think is his dad only wanted a 6 month deal.

giphy.gif&key=66a2b1f9712b2628f1554160c4

Club legends IMO.