The Partick Thistle thread

33 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

For the first time in ages im gonna buy a season ticket this year got my other half interested too and some family members.. did the club say when the pricing would be released?

• We are currently finalising an amended pricing structure, to reflect the league we will be playing in and number of home games the club will have, as well as confirming payment allocation details for supporters who have already purchased a 2020/21 season ticket.
  • Season ticket sales for the 2020/21 season have been temporarily suspended while we finalise all details in conjunction with our ticketing partner. We anticipate that the relaunch will take place next week once all necessary adjustments have been made.

edit: think basically keep an eye on the OS or twitter but as things stand no date set.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

Bet Fred cup section what the expectations..?

It's impossible to assess the other teams at the moment. The Doonhamers released 16 players in May and have only 3 left on the books at the moment. The Spiders have 3 goalkeepers and 7 outfield players. Morton have around a dozen players signed up. With our current squad, we should be capable of competing for second place..

We’ll probably be competing for second place, as long as we’re competitive in the games, I’ll be pleased. As for the post about TV, i imagine Morton/St Mirren will make the TV whether any other games do, I’m not sure. 

any chance of one of the games being on the telly (no idea if Alba have it)? Would guess one of the St Mirren - Morton games would be far more likely to be shown tbf but that'd be cool too.

I think Betfred games are either on premier TV or BT. Can't see how any of our games will be selected tbh.

ETA all televised games are on premier. Really can't see them selecting us as they'll hold back the majority of their games to be able to show both of the ugly sisters in each round

15 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

ETA all televised games are on premier. Really can't see them selecting us as they'll hold back the majority of their games to be able to show both of the ugly sisters in each round

Are they not obliged to show like 4-6 games from the group stages?, not sure we will be one of their picks though. 

51 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Has a League one club apart from Rangers* ever been selected for a Betfred cup tie on BT or premier?

Ayr v Kilmarnock was on BT a few years ago I’m sure, I think Ayr were in League 1 at the time, obviously that was a Derby game though. Pretty sure Ayr, bet Killie 1-0, McCall was their manager at the time. 

ETA; 

Elgin were on BT (vs Hibs) last season, Raith were on BT (vs Hearts) along with the aforementioned Clyde game, the previous season, and prior to that, Queen’s Park (vs Motherwell) were on TV too.

Edited by JagsCG

4 minutes ago, cooshedder said:

Yep you boys have a chance of 2nd with 2 CHAMPIONSHIP teams in the group ha ha

We’ll be competing for second, that’s basically everyone saying we won’t finish first, and could finish anywhere from second onwards. 

Just to add last season; 

East Fife (League 1) finished 2nd of a group with Hearts and Dundee United in it. 
Forfar (League 1) finished 2nd of a group with Ross County and St Johnstone (two PREMIERSHIP teams) in it. 
Albion Rovers (League 2) finished 2nd of a group with Dunfermline and St. Mirren in it. 

30 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

We’ll be competing for second, that’s basically everyone saying we won’t finish first, and could finish anywhere from second onwards. 

Just to add last season; 

East Fife (League 1) finished 2nd of a group with Hearts and Dundee United in it. 
Forfar (League 1) finished 2nd of a group with Ross County and St Johnstone (two PREMIERSHIP teams) in it. 
Albion Rovers (League 2) finished 2nd of a group with Dunfermline and St. Mirren in it. 

Crucially this year is premiership teams have a two month head start so are very unlikely to be caught cold and even trying to complete with 2nd seeds is going to be more difficult especially if you play them in the November fixtures. 

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Crucially this year is premiership teams have a two month head start so are very unlikely to be caught cold and even trying to complete with 2nd seeds is going to be more difficult especially if you play them in the November fixtures. 

I don’t disagree, there’s a big advantage to the Premiership sides this year.