The Partick Thistle thread

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/season-ticket-update/

in case it's been missed.  Was most interested in this bit, warming to the idea of getting to sit on my arse at home watching Thistle with a few nice cold pints to get me through it.

"Finally, we have also been actively working on our plan for the streaming of home games in the event spectators are not permitted to attend when football returns. We will update supporters on this following next week’s season ticket relaunch and as soon as those streaming plans are finalised."

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:
Signed any players yet? emoji848.png

No. Should I be concerned? Feel free to join in with the knicker-wetters among our posters if your answer is yes.

Thanks.

Not sure what the tear stained rest of your post is about? Seems something or somebody has upset you.

4 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

Mr McCall has been very quiet so far will be interesting to hear what he has to say in what can only be called a complete shambles 

What is he meant to comment about? Litigation that he had no involvement with? A re-release of season tickets? The away top?

Edited by jagfox BLM

10 hours ago, ClydebankJag said:

The game in hand was against ICT. Two 3-1 wins from two matches against them in the aborted season. Not unreasonable to believe we could have secured 3 points if that game had been played.

It really is unreasonable given that you have recorded the grand of zero (none, nil) league wins in the whole of 2020 champ. Your game in hand was in any case factored into the final league standings and by the entirely objective measure of PPG you were still the worst team in the division which everyone else knew all season long anyway. 

Dry your fucking eyes. 

2 minutes ago, Jollyjag said:

Mr McCall has been very quiet so far will be interesting to hear what he has to say in what can only be called a complete shambles 

Your rent a mercenary approach to the January transfer market or going through the best part of two full squads and three managers in the past two years? You'll have to be a bit more specific about your clowncar outfit tbh.

Haven't been here for a while.

Can we move on from the what if's and woe is me pity party, bickering with QOS fans.

We might have got past QOS but didn't see us winning a play off anyway  due to the overall pishness of our team.

It remains a depressing fixture list tbh Clyde etc. It's not easy to see which away games would be palatable - I'd rather Prince Andrew babysat my daughter than go to Airdrie.

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Who's idea was it to release Kevin Nisbet then.....

What a shocker 😂😂

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

As he himself admitted it was the kick up the arse he needed. Football is littered with such players. Fuckwit.

beat me to it. It's been covered several times across multiple P&B threads I'm sure, but releasing him at the time was the right call and dropping down ended up being the boot up the arse he needed.

I'm still more irked by the fee we managed to get for Liam Lindsay considering some of the big money fees that some other Scottish clubs have managed to rake in over the last decade.

13 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

In what way has he been quiet recently?yes admittedly, well he was presumably furloughed we couldn’t hear officially from him, but he had a lengthy interview with the club media about a week or 2 ago, speaking about signings and targets. You can read between the lines about his feeling regarding the situation, the same as most of us, he doesn’t need to come out and start slaughtering clubs and boards, what he needs to do is get promoted by May 2021. 

Edited by JagsCG

11 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

beat me to it. It's been covered several times across multiple P&B threads I'm sure, but releasing him at the time was the right call and dropping down ended up being the boot up the arse he needed.

I'm still more irked by the fee we managed to get for Liam Lindsay considering some of the big money fees that some other Scottish clubs have managed to rake in over the last decade.

I still get annoyed, thinking about Liam Lindsay being constantly overlooked for the Scotland u21 squad a few years ago. An absolute disgrace .

6 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I still get annoyed, thinking about Liam Lindsay being constantly overlooked for the Scotland u21 squad a few years ago. An absolute disgrace .

I get annoyed that he's never had a look in with the full international squad too. 

19 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I get annoyed that he's never had a look in with the full international squad too. 

Since he went to Stoke he's not really been an option. Can't really pick a CB from what was one of the worst defenses in the Championship pre-lockdown, where he seems to have been labelled their scapegoat and kicked out the first XI.

2 hours ago, partick_twinny said:

Since he went to Stoke he's not really been an option. Can't really pick a CB from what was one of the worst defenses in the Championship pre-lockdown, where he seems to have been labelled their scapegoat and kicked out the first XI.

Agree to an extent - but when Aberdeen's 3rd/4th choice centre back is getting international game time you have to question why Liam has never even been involved in a squad at any age level.

Stoke have also been a bit of a disaster club since they got relegated. Will be interesting to see what happens with him next season.