The Partick Thistle thread

7 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

There’s absolutely no chance I’ll be back at Firhill while under Chairman Low’s reign when fans are allowed back, nor will I be putting any money into the club in any form.

This is a new low (no pun intended) in a series of non-stop embarrassments during her tenure(s). The fact she had to “seek advice” on what could be said should have been enough to realise that she shouldn’t have been saying anything.

Tremendous news glad you’re staying away 

On 18/07/2019 at 22:15, Vinnyjag said:

I was there tonight and GC’s overview was superb, suffice to say if the players put in as much effort on the park as GC clearly does in their preparation then we will be in a really good position. He clearly knows what we need to do to succeed, he spoke about talking to the players about getting away from our image of being “nice” or “soft” and creating a new tougher identity.

All in all it was a superb event and left feeling positive about the season ahead.

5 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

Tremendous news glad you’re staying away 

4 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

Tadger

Still feeling positive about the season ahead Vinny?

What a beautifully written piece. Perfect punctuation, the lot. I didn't realise our boy Blair was such a scholar. With skills like this he could get a job in PR.  
20200801_220546.thumb.jpg.e3961ce6478df1618c102644b80967a6.jpg

I wonder if Jacqui Low sought advice before telling him to post that.

15 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Indeed. Contracts to Cardle, O'Ware, Bannigan and Penrice. 4 budgets wasted. McCall is hopeless.

I see those and I raise you Conor Sammon ( altho he was under contract for next season), Charlie Telfer, Robbie Leitch and Aidan Laverty. 

9 hours ago, dave.j said:

What a beautifully written piece. Perfect punctuation, the lot. I didn't realise our boy Blair was such a scholar. With skills like this he could get a job in PR.  

20200801_220546.jpg

I have come across a few things the lad has posted on Twitter before too. Comes across as a bit of a throbber, but is possibly just a little naïve and overly enthusiastic about supporting his team. The biggest thing for me is why Low decided to say that “Scottish Football is corrupt to the core” (or whatever the quote was) is okay to include. Blair is a young man, Low is the Chairman of the club and for someone with a PR and communications background, to even engage in the conversation, is incredibly daft.

16 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

I have come across a few things the lad has posted on Twitter before too. Comes across as a bit of a throbber, but is possibly just a little naïve and overly enthusiastic about supporting his team. The biggest thing for me is why Low decided to say that “Scottish Football is corrupt to the core” (or whatever the quote was) is okay to include. Blair is a young man, Low is the Chairman of the club and for someone with a PR and communications background, to even engage in the conversation, is incredibly daft.

This sums it up perfectly 

6 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Hey! We know all about Sammon.

Sadly most do, although can't really blame M&M for wasting a wage there, another of McKinnon's astute jobber signings. Still it will further hinder us every time he's on the park, unless he gets injured 🙏

Genuinely fell sorry for Thistle especially as I have mates who support them and I'm amazed we've so seldom been in the same division since you were relegated from the Top Flight in the early 80s. My  hope back in April was that we would get 3 divisions of 14 teams (Saints certainly wanted a 14 team Top Flight)  but IMO it was Ann Budgie's initial insistence that reconstruction should be for one season only and general  aggressive attitude that scuppered any chance of reconstruction and led to a "screw you" response from the rest of the SPFL clubs, to an extent Thistle (& Stranraer) were collateral damage - Ann Budge that's where the bulk of your ire should be directed.

11 hours ago, dave.j said:

20200801_220546.jpg

Chairman Jaqui playing a pr blinder on Facebook. A very strange affair. Going by the comments nobody has twigged that Ms Low wrote the piece for the lad to put up.