The Partick Thistle thread

Now that the arbitration is done and dusted we as fans could do with an update on what is actually happening behind the scenes and going forward.

Jacqui Low appears to have de facto control of the club.  Due to the current state of the nation there's been little if anything about when and if the transfer of shares is going through.

The manager seems to be getting excellent support from the boardroom and we are building another decent squad on paper.

The boycott issue doesn't wash with me in that it isn't going to alter any of the perceived injustices we may or may not has befallen the club. It's barking at the moon really. 

Championship clubs probably preferred to have us out of the league despite most would lose out on gate money compared to a visit by QoS. 

League One clubs overall preferred us to in their league for the money despite it sending their perceived chances of promotion.

Or they just felt it was fairer to promote teams than keep the status quo.

Nowt will change at the SPFL. The club's chose the course of action  taken but whether 100 or 500 fans make the journey to Forfar or Airdrie won't make a bit of difference in the grand scheme of things.

The main priority is to win promotion from this abridged division. Hopefully we can achieve that and get some bodies back at Firhill with a winning team to support. 

Edited by jagfox BLM

1 hour ago, jagfox BLM said:

Jacqui has been giving the young team advice on their protest banner apparently...

D4F04B98-3000-44D7-AB0D-F95ACC8908EF.thumb.jpeg.e250cf63e6031727f9e075f22db7e041.jpeg

F@#king Hell!

That cant be real?

If true, least we know what Gerry's been using his law degree on.

Edited by Jacky1990

37 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Surely that's someone taking the piss? :lol:

I'm pretty sure it's legit. 

That's her Facebook bio below...

Screenshot_20200801-075402_Facebook.jpg

Edited by jagfox BLM

2 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

Jacqui has been giving the young team advice on their protest banner apparently...

D4F04B98-3000-44D7-AB0D-F95ACC8908EF.thumb.jpeg.e250cf63e6031727f9e075f22db7e041.jpeg

F@#king Hell!

In other words; I take it she’s trying to prevent the club from being fined or punished further.

3 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

F@#king Hell!

I wonder who she took advice from, the resident lawyer?

I'm not a lawyer, but if I was I might have said "For fucksake Jacqui don't get involved, say fūck all and get off Twitter before you get us kicked out the fucking league you mad woman.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

In other words; I take it she’s trying to prevent the club from being fined or punished further.

Not sure where to start if that’s your first take from this sorry mess.

I’m not even surprised at this, tbh. It sums up her stewardship perfectly; a shambles and an embarrassment.

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Not sure where to start if that’s your first take from this sorry mess.

I’m not even surprised at this, tbh. It sums up her stewardship perfectly; a shambles and an embarrassment.

What I said wasn’t wrong though, she’s making sure the club aren’t in official bother with the SFA/SPFL due to wording/placing on a banner, hence why she took “advice”. 

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

What I said wasn’t wrong though, she’s making sure the club aren’t in official bother with the SFA/SPFL due to wording/placing on a banner, hence why she took “advice”. 

What you said was completely wrong. Her even being involved in such conversations makes it possible for anything like this to be actionable against the club.

4 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

What you said was completely wrong. Her even being involved in such conversations makes it possible for anything like this to be actionable against the club.

In what way? She was clearly asked advice, and responded saying not to mention any names, (of clubs etc.) had she not responded the club could have been in serious bother if a banner had went against any rules that are set regarding these types of things. It was also a private message, that really should have remained private!