The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think it would be prudent for Partick Thistle and its fans to accept the arbitration ruling and leave the furious reactions and crazy conspiracy theories to Hearts. 

Would be best to distance yourselves now.

Can't speak for anyone else but I came to terms with us being doon a while ago, everything else since has just been flogging a dead horse.

I still mind Archie's video on the official site when we went down from the Premiership and there was a bit in it which stuck out where he pretty much said that when you start struggling at one end of the pitch (defence/attack) you start tinkering with things to try to fix it, and it also has the side effect of heaping pressure on the players at the other end of the team to perform.

If we can get off to a good start from our first round of fixtures then great, chances are we'll be nearer the top of the table and have a solid chance at getting back into the Championship; if it's another shitey start to a season then it's far from unimaginable that the same death spiral starts again.

edit: the signings are of course the glaringly obvious key towards avoiding that, and tbf Foster, Murray and Lyons (now back from a loan) look like we're on the right path. Still unsure what season ticket numbers are going to be like which goes hand in hand with that, personally I'm still pretty firmly in a "can't be fucked renewing" mode but will still PATG until Christmas and then depending on how the season is going + the likelihood of further Coronavirus lockdown measures maybe get a half season ticket either as a present or with my Christmas money.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

3 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Potential being the operative word. 

I'll be surprised if you're not fined something. If you'd followed the rules arbitration could've been dealt with two months ago and we'd all well be down the road to the new season. You broke the rules, wasted everyone's time with a court case that wasn't required, and Hearts openly admitted that stopping the new season starting was one of the aims if they didn't get what they want. If that isn't bringing the game into disrepute and worthy of some sort of fine then I don't know what is.

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Since the unfortunately demise of Colin Weir there has been a lot of unanswered questions. The ground is still not in the club's hands, 3 black cats own it. Then when the interim board set up to transfer to fan ownership they bring back the colossal failure in J. Low. It stinks to the high heaven. Not looking good at all for the club's future.

Can’t disagree with you there. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I'll be surprised if you're not fined something. If you'd followed the rules arbitration could've been dealt with two months ago and we'd all well be down the road to the new season. You broke the rules, wasted everyone's time with a court case that wasn't required, and Hearts openly admitted that stopping the new season starting was one of the aims if they didn't get what they want. If that isn't bringing the game into disrepute and worthy of some sort of fine then I don't know what is.

I’d probably expect a fine of some sort too, to what value? I couldn’t tell you

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I’d probably expect a fine of some sort too, to what value? I couldn’t tell you

I'd expect it to be small enough that Thistle/Hearts can still operate but big enough to put other clubs off taking the league to court again.

36 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Not really, conveniently quiet, we know why it’s went quiet, the board have been dealing with a legal case, a relegation and a pandemic. Once this is all over you’d be expecting news on that, if not, then questions should be asked.

It had gone quiet before any of this stuff became a factor.

She's a charlatan who isn't interested in giving over control to the fans.

Plenty of Thistle fans thought after top 6 we wouldn't get relegated. Plenty thought we would walk the Championship , dodged relegation on the last day. And last season??? Yeah! Not a chance eh?

Steady on, perhaps some of the lunatic wallopers on Facebook said that but I can't remember a single Jags fan on here claiming that.

Gerry has to walk after today’s result. The guy is a lawyer. He should have been advising board members and all involved. Surly he should have had an idea would could have happened during all this. Now a potential fine! 

The guy is absolutely hopeless - his wage could be going into the playing staff. 

like I said before. Can’t help think his decisions are based on popularity rather than solution focused. 

This result also opens the bandwidth for error on McCall’s head. Imo he should still be winning the league with our squad he has assembled. If not it’s a failure. smaller part time clubs will have had their budget cut more than ours. 

33 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It had gone quiet before any of this stuff became a factor.

She's a charlatan who isn't interested in giving over control to the fans.

Given the fact she claims to be a massive Thistle fan, she'll no doubt claim the club is already being controlled by fans since the moment her mates appointed her chairperson.

Edited by Jacky1990

Joint statement:

“As all Parties have been requested not to comment on the tribunal’s decision or reveal details of the hearings on the grounds of confidentiality, all we can only say is how disappointed and surprised we are at the outcome."

Honestly, the Thistle and Hearts boards must be the only people in Scottish football surprised by this outcome.

Statement on the website includes this fucking omnishambles of a comment. Utter sevco-like garbage...

"But I ask everyone associated with Thistle to never forget today. To never forget how it feels to be relegated unfairly. To never forget that there are many good decent people and clubs in Scotland who stood with us, publicly and privately – but there are some whose fear and self-interest got in the way of doing the right thing."

We are a bigger riddy in the boardroom than we are on the pitch, and that's saying something.

Get Low and Gerry so far to f**k.

Edited by Jacky1990

3 hours ago, virginton said:

The opportune moment for everyone to 'move on' with a fresh slate was when the SPFL confirmed the resolution of the 19/20 season more than two months ago. Instead of doing so, your club hitched its wagon to that of Hearts and their ridiculous legal challenge and so here we are. 

You're entitled to your opinion as am I. Your still posting sh1te I see

Jacqui Low needs to get herself so far to f**k. She can take her lapdog Britton with her as well. In a summer of embarrassing statements, this latest “Thistle family” one tops them all.

The club has been a complete shambles on and off the park since being under charge.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why do you think that will make much, or any, difference?

Unless you actually think the SPFL make big decisions and not the clubs? Surely not? The outcome would have been the same regardless of who the top guy in the SPFL was.

Agree, I was referencing the shambles that was the lost vote, found vote, nothing to see here statements. The leadership has been shocking, in fact it has been nonexistent. We are not excluded from shockingly bad management either.