The Partick Thistle thread

41 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Cant be any worse than Williamson.

Definitely, Foster’s  a well known Premiership full-back, he’s certainly got to be better than Williamson. McCall might try play Williamson a bit further forward now, for his crossing ability, be interested to see how that goes. 

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Definitely, Foster’s  a well known Premiership full-back, he’s certainly got to be better than Williamson. McCall might try play Williamson a bit further forward now, for his crossing ability, be interested to see how that goes. 

Now a new left back for Penrice.

Guest Ecosse83
6 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Is he not up to much? When I did see him I thought he looked decent!

6 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Really want Penrice to do well, but he’s been on the decline for quite some time. I actually don’t think he’s that bad defensively, but he really isn’t great going forward, his crossing isn’t good, he’s not particularly pacy, and he’s one of the biggest culprits of taking it forward only to turn round and continuously pass it back. He’s passionate, but as seen, that doesn’t win you football games on its own. Needs to improve a lot. 

I'm genuinely impressed that Williamson is being praised for crossing, he always had the ability to knock it past a full back but was usually incapable of crossing it to any effect. 

He's regressed something awful. 

37 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm genuinely impressed that Williamson is being praised for crossing, he always had the ability to knock it past a full back but was usually incapable of crossing it to any effect. 

He's regressed something awful. 

Crossing is about the only redeemable feature of Williamson. I don’t know much about him at Dunfermline, to be fair, and he was injured for quite a bit this season but the only half decent thing he did was cross the ball (usually to Joe Cardle, as they seemed to have a decent(ish) partnership at times). That said, in my opinion, he took far too long to actually cross the ball, he seemed to stall on it, quite a bit (maybe a confidence thing). He’s certainly no defender though. 

All right lads? The excellent Footy Archives Twitter account has uploaded another old ICT video and this one features you lot in the 2 - 2 Scottish Cup Quarter Final. Some crowd inside Firhill that day!

7 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Any particular reason why you go about making up signings on other teams threads? 

For attention, which you've given him...