The Partick Thistle thread

Will your mystery benefactor pay the SFA fine as well, or just your initial legal fees?

I haven't read through this thread, so I'm not sure where the opinion of your fan base really sits on this (it's more fun just laughing at Hearts), but surely you guys should have just stayed out of the legal proceedings and allowed Hearts to do it, then jump in if they were successful? 

36 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

This just gets better and better.

Best Bang Head Desk GIFs | Gfycat

Well hey, let's arbitrate and see what can be sorted out. Surely, no officious arsehole will kick the chairs while there's a process under way? 🍩

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Lawless stats
2013/14 - 5 goals, 4 assists

2014/15  - 3 goals, 8 assists 

2015/16 - 5 goals, 6 assists 

2016/17 - 4 goals, 4 assists 

2017/18 - 4 goals, 4 assists 

(completely unrelated to his time at Thistle, and Thistle in general, but his stats last season for Livi were, 11 goals, 9 assists, probably why he's got his move down south) 

Which includes Cup games. Take them out and his League game tally in his last two season is stinking for someone in his position. 

13/14 . 4

14/15 . 3

15/16 . 5

16/17 . 2

17/18 . 1

So, is it possible that if Hearts and Thistle win their case at arbitration - the SFA could then expel both teams - in order to prevent Hearts taking their place in the Premier League? Don't know if Thistle would be dealt with more leniently if that were the case?

A total shambles, caused by Wee Budgie IMO.

9 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Will your mystery benefactor pay the SFA fine as well, or just your initial legal fees?

I haven't read through this thread, so I'm not sure where the opinion of your fan base really sits on this (it's more fun just laughing at Hearts), but surely you guys should have just stayed out of the legal proceedings and allowed Hearts to do it, then jump in if they were successful? 

It’s no surprise we’ve ended up in this mess with the clown show running the club right now.

Of course we should have stayed out of it. I feel that we’re probably within our rights to be seeking some form of compensation, but going straight to court was obviously the wrong way to go about it, and we can’t really have many complaints about being cited (although I guess you could argue the timing of this SFA charge is sketchy).

Low jumped into bed with Budge on this without thinking and has yet again made an arse of things. Everything Budge has done throughout the whole process has been a total failure, and unfortunately Thistle are now included in that because the club is run by imbeciles.

32 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It’s no surprise we’ve ended up in this mess with the clown show running the club right now.

Of course we should have stayed out of it. I feel that we’re probably within our rights to be seeking some form of compensation, but going straight to court was obviously the wrong way to go about it, and we can’t really have many complaints about being cited (although I guess you could argue the timing of this SFA charge is sketchy).

Low jumped into bed with Budge on this without thinking and has yet again made an arse of things. Everything Budge has done throughout the whole process has been a total failure, and unfortunately Thistle are now included in that because the club is run by imbeciles.

I’ll say it again.

The people running the club are disgraceful. The incompetence of Gerry and Co is almost on par with the current UK government during COVID-19 pandemic. 

You would think Gerry with all his legal knowledge would have had an input and guided the decision making to best serve the needs of the club. 

the blind are certainly leading the blind. 

3 minutes ago, knighthawk said:

I’ll say it again.

The people running the club are disgraceful. The incompetence of Gerry and Co is almost on par with the current UK government during COVID-19 pandemic. 

You would think Gerry with all his legal knowledge would have had an input and guided the decision making to best serve the needs of the club. 

the blind are certainly leading the blind. 

And a lot of the people who were most critical of that leadership are now their cheer-leaders!

So the club should have politely declined the offer to pay our legal fees?

Gies peace.

I’m far from being a fan of the current regime, but it’s absolutely ridiculous to suggest that we shouldn’t have got involved.

So, is it possible that if Hearts and Thistle win their case at arbitration - the SFA could then expel both teams - in order to prevent Hearts taking their place in the Premier League? Don't know if Thistle would be dealt with more leniently if that were the case?
A total shambles, caused by Wee Budgie IMO.

Caused by the SPFL, now aided and abetted by the SFA.

2 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

So the club should have politely declined the offer to pay our legal fees?

Gies peace.

I’m far from being a fan of the current regime, but it’s absolutely ridiculous to suggest that we shouldn’t have got involved.

If the outcome of this is that we get expelled from the SFA, and are therefore ineligible to participate in SPFL competitions or the Scottish Cup, would it still be "absolutely ridiculous to suggest that we shouldn't have got involved"?

If the outcome of this is that we are levied with a substantial fine (which may or may not be covered by any benefactor that has offered to pay our legal fees) would it still be "absolutely ridiculous to suggest that we shouldn't have got involved"?

We don't even know that the offer to pay our legal fees extended to paying the costs of other parties in the event that we lose (we've already been ordered to contribute towards the SPFL's costs). We don't know that the offer extends to paying our arbitration costs. And we don't know that it extends to any costs award that may be made against us at arbitration.

This was not a free hit, much though some of the more combative elements of our support might have wished to oversimplify it as such.

20 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Caused by the SPFL, now aided and abetted by the SFA.

Delicious. 

Stranraer fans are the last who should be mewling about being relegated.

Talking of ex-wingers... Erskine signs for Ea$t Kilbrid£.
Quite gutted as I would've loved to see him back at the club, and think he'd have been able to do a job at this level. Certainly better than Higginbotham anyway.
Where'd you see this? That's a real shame if true in terms of should be playing at a higher level

And to think, if Thistle had sat this one out:

• Hearts would have been entirely on the hook for the SPFL's legal fees in the Court of Session
  • Thistle would still have been able to make representations to the arbitration panel (much like the other Clubs even though they aren't directly parties to the dispute) if this was thought necessary
  • the panel would still have had access to exactly the same evidence as before, as ordered by the Court of Session
  • only Hearts would now be facing SFA disciplinary proceedings in the aftermath of any tribunal decision
  • Thistle would definitely not be facing even a fine for a breach of Article 99, because they, um, wouldn't have done so
  • if Hearts got expelled from the SFA some point in August, they would cease to be able to participate in SPFL or SFA competition
  • that would have reduced the Championship to 9 teams, but before the late October season start

... meaning that in all probability Thistle would have ended up back in the Championship regardless of the outcome of the arbitration panel's decision!

ETA: on which note I'm beginning to think that Stranraer have played, and I believe the technical term for this is, "a fucking blinder".

Edited by Ad Lib

On 13/07/2020 at 20:35, bad chad said:

Yeah, but our football got worse every season he was in charge. 

The top 6 finish hid a LOT of problems... 

This is a curmudgeonly as f**k take on the most successful season in my lifetime (I'm 37).