The Partick Thistle thread

Fucking hell, and I thought the Ayr fans were bad.

I think you’ll find the common denominator is the thick Partick fans that are so desperate for teams to go bust and think they whole of Scottish football is against them.

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think you’ll find the common denominator is the thick Partick fans that are so desperate for teams to go bust and think they the whole of Scottish football is against them.

Fixed, irony :)

Partick Thistle seem to have picked the wrong side from the start of covid19. ...

You  jumped into bed with the Scot Gardiner led WhatsApp Sevco/ICT/Dundee pact to void the leagues and stop celtic getting 9 in a row, keep Dundee Utd down,  while using league placings for money..

You then joined angry Budge who has pissed all in Scottish football  with threats, bribery and tears about the injustice of hearts being relegated after being pish for 18 months. Too big for SPFL championship etc 

why did you not propose a 12-12-10-10 setup that would every club (except hearts ) would have agreed to?? 

i have real sympathy with you getting relegated, but you have to ask questions of your board and the company they keep 

Edited by flood

Tbf I don’t think anyone is gloating about anything, it merely started as someone’s response to “Enjoy League One” was suggesting Raith would be in a relegation struggle, which is plausible Not entirely sure there was any gloating going in. Gloating starts when someone has something to gloat about. 

Look at the posts that were quoted for that comment. There was evidently gloating at us being out of pocket. It's the entire reason I made that comment.

40 minutes ago, flood said:

Partick Thistle seem to have picked the wrong side from the start of covid19. ...

You  jumped into bed with the Scot Gardiner led WhatsApp Sevco/ICT/Dundee pact to void the leagues and stop celtic getting 9 in a row, keep Dundee Utd down,  while using league placings for money..

You then joined angry Budge who has pissed all in Scottish football  with threats, bribery and tears about the injustice of hearts being relegated after being pish for 18 months. Too big for SPFL championship etc 

why did you not propose a 12-12-10-10 setup that would every club (except hearts ) would have agreed to?? 

i have real sympathy with you getting relegated, but you have to ask questions of your board and the company they keep 

In fairness a lot of fans were calling for some of the stuff the board have did, before they actually did it. Such as court action. We were involved with Gardiner, to the extent of being in a WhatsApp Group, of which several clubs were apparently involved in not just the 3 stated, we weren’t involved in his revelations on the radio. I’d have been (and the board probably would have been) in favour of a 12-12-10-10, however I’d guess Low felt she had an ally in Budge, and that would have been incredibly backstabbing (although would Budge have did it to save Hearts if shoe was on the other foot? Yes probably she would). I disagree with the denying promotions, I think that was the wrong route to go down from the start, although I don’t believe for a minute anyone at the club or at Hearts thought it would get passed, I think this is a ploy for compensation, but it seems a long road for a shortcut, put it like that. I do agree with legal action so much as getting compensation and accepting relegation but that’s it. 

As for Budge’s comments (that I think you refer to) about Premiership needs Hearts more and Championship needs Thistle more, she’s entitled to that view, BUT I think that was stupid it stinks of an elitist attitude, and as you say “Too Big to go Down” it’s not the type of attitude you’d hear from Thistle either. 

Compared to Hearts, I don’t think we’ve Handled a lot of this anywhere near as bad, but that’s just my personal view. 

I take your points on board though. 

10 hours ago, third lanark said:

Someone had offered to pay for our legal fees anyway so it’s not the club that will be paying for it

Without that, we wouldn’t even have been in Court. Thankfully our own money hasn’t been wasted. 

9 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

😂

We,ve had financial problems for years,still here

A had a bit of sympathy for Thistle too,not now

Hope your next shites a hedgehog 😂

Out of curiosity and not having a go - what’s been the cause of having financial problems for years? 

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Out of curiosity and not having a go - what’s been the cause of having financial problems for years? 

Building a 10k seater stadium in the 90s then getting relegated before it was needed started it off. Then throwing money at getting back up again,and failing. 

More recently, ending up in League 1 having comfortably finished in top 4 of the Championship as a result of hiring Gary Locke, then hiring Barry Smith to make an absolute mess of getting promoted. Club is genuinely moving in the right direction now though. 

I actually don't want to see Thistle or Hearts relegated, and have every sympathy for the supporters other than those who hope that other clubs die. I really enjoyed the trip to Firhill this season. 

Edited by CALDERON

12 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

As long as this case causes you financial problems it will have been worth it.

10 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We sold a player for £150k, with the money hitting our bank account today. We have also raised over £100k as fans. Looks like our demise hastening will need to wait. Hard luck.

IMG_7546.jpg

Being reported that United, Raith and Cove are splitting the £50k fee between them.

Truly a life changing amount of money for Raith to be spending. I cannot see how you can survive such a fatal blow.

Robson had a great end to the season so a bit surprised he has been freed. I would imagine he would have been a cheap cover option for Penrice. The rest is no surprise but why on earth are we speaking to Cardle? 

Yep, Cardle screams of the 'he was shite be he should stroll the level below' talk we got about the likes of Miles Storey* when we were relegated from the Premiership.

*Please no one go back and look at the quotes from here around that time in case I was one of them

Without even considering how not bothered he looked last season, can't see where cardle would fit in to what appeared to be McCall's favoured formation with us anyway. Those releases mean we are probably looking at, as a minimum, a gk, 3 defenders, one of whom should be able to play full and centre back, a central midfielder, 2 wingers and a creative midfielder as a minimum for the start of the season

It would be a bit hypocritical to propose a structure that only penalises one club in the league, don’t you think.

11 hours ago, flood said:

but you have to ask questions of your board and the company they keep 

lmao you're telling us

Not fussed about Cardle either. Maybe he feels he has a point to prove. As long as he doesn't end up at another L1 side it's fine.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Building a 10k seater stadium in the 90s then getting relegated before it was needed started it off. Then throwing money at getting back up again,and failing. 

More recently, ending up in League 1 having comfortably finished in top 4 of the Championship as a result of hiring Gary Locke, then hiring Barry Smith to make an absolute mess of getting promoted. Club is genuinely moving in the right direction now though. 

I actually don't want to see Thistle or Hearts relegated, and have every sympathy for the supporters other than those who hope that other clubs die. I really enjoyed the trip to Firhill this season. 

Thanks for getting back to me.

i had forgotten how close Raith were to getting promotion to the premier league had a really decent squad with Baird and Tade in it.

like yourselves we really suffered financially  with the 10,000 seater rule as did Airdrie as well 

Caldwell appointed a chief scout last year - can’t remember his surname think it was Martin something- who was totally raving about having signed Alex Jones, Mitch Austin and Zanatta. I wouldn’t have been boasting about signing any of them. No idea if this scout is still at Firhill mind you

More question marks around McCall if he is trying to convince Cardle to stay on. Contributed hee haw in his stay at Firhill. Can’t believe some fans want him to stay. Presumably those same fans who also wanted Robson to stay because he had a good 20 minutes last season.

35 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Caldwell appointed a chief scout last year - can’t remember his surname think it was Martin something- who was totally raving about having signed Alex Jones, Mitch Austin and Zanatta. I wouldn’t have been boasting about signing any of them. No idea if this scout is still at Firhill mind you

Totally forgot about that appointment, don’t remember the club saying he’s left. Might still be there, but how anyone could rave about some of them, is baffling.