The Partick Thistle thread

So for those of us who are in no way legally minded, have I got this correct? The sfa is going to be the body, with Doncaster et Al on its board that makes the decision, but it'll be an independent judge, not the sfa board who reaches a judgement?

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Someone had offered to pay for our legal fees anyway so it’s not the club that will be paying for it

They paid to take you to court, I doubt theyll also pay for a bill addressed to Partick Thistle.

2 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Good to see the judge questioning all the expulsion chat!

I think you can read in sympathy for Thistle and Hearts in the judgement.

Not really. Overall the Court smacked Hearts on the nose and kicked them into arbitration. The arguments by the Heart’s QC were discussed and dismissed at length, reads like arbitration result will be all that Hearts and Partick can expect. Under the SFA Rules, Is be highly surprised if anything other than a increased compensation fee is the result. The wildcard will be an documents on the vote, although under the Companies Law of 2006, it would take a lot to cause an issue.

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:

So for those of us who are in no way legally minded, have I got this correct? The sfa is going to be the body, with Doncaster et Al on its board that makes the decision, but it'll be an independent judge, not the sfa board who reaches a judgement?

No. Three arbitrators, picked one by SFA, one by Hearts/Partick, and they together pick a third. Qualification minima for all selected arbitrators required, decision expected to be rendered by 1 Aug, 2020.